Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

A young friend of mine says Sheff UNi, is thinking of confining returning Chinese students to residences for two weeks, though i really think this is rumour.

It keeps making me have that my sharona song in my head

Ooh, my little pretty one, my pretty one
When you gonna give me some time, Corona
Ooh, you make my nose run, my nose run
Gonna need a fluid IV line, Corona

Never really looked at all the lyrics before. It's a bit paedo eh?

Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind
I always get it up, for the touch of the younger kind
My, my, my, aye-aye, whoa!
M-m-m-my Sharona

A young friend of mine says Sheff UNi, is thinking of confining returning Chinese students to residences for two weeks, though i really think this is rumour.

My wife works at a boarding school with a lot of Chinese kids and they have already told them they aren't allowed home or allowed a visit from their parents for the foreseeable future. Any that do insist on going home will be quarantined on their return.

Dunno about Sharona...every time I hear about this bug I'm cast back to being about 7 years of age and gleefully glugging down the contents of these dimple-necked bottles.
My fave was the red (Cherryade) on the right.

1580487524146.png

Dunno about Sharona...every time I hear about this bug I'm cast back to being about 7 years of age and gleefully glugging down the contents of these dimple-necked bottles.
My fave was the red (Cherryade) on the right.

View attachment 197202

Do you come from the North? Was it delivered by a pop man? A sugar heavy version of the milk man. I was amazed when I first heard about the concept, the Northerner I was speaking to at the time as equally amazed it wasn't a thing down South.

Do you come from the North? Was it delivered by a pop man? A sugar heavy version of the milk man. I was amazed when I first heard about the concept, the Northerner I was speaking to at the time as equally amazed it wasn't a thing down South.
We had a lemonade delivery lorry when I were a lad in Kent. Mind you, it was North Kent if that helps.

We had a lemonade delivery lorry when I were a lad in Kent. Mind you, it was North Kent if that helps.

I suspect this might be a generational thing as well as a geographical thing. But growing up in the 80's / 90's the pop man was still a thing in Lancashire I'm led to believe. Very much less so in Oxfordshire.

Back
Top Bottom