Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cornish pasties given protected status

Biddlybee

making knots with sticks
A pasty by any other name :D

[SIZE=-1]A genuine Cornish pasty has a distinctive 'D' shape and is crimped on one side, never on top. The texture of the filling for the pasty is chunky, made up of uncooked minced or roughly cut chunks of beef (not less than 12.5%), swede, potato and onion and a light peppery seasoning...[/SIZE]
pasties_insert.jpg

...[SIZE=-1]from now only Cornish pasties made in Cornwall and following the traditional recipe can be called ‘Cornish pasties’.[/SIZE]
Where did the beeb get their pasty pic from :facepalm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12550221

The more important question is whether Ginsters is pronounced with a soft or hard "g".

they are preferred 9 times out of 10 by Iraqi mongooses/mongeese in a taste test to sausage rolls.
who said the iraq war had no point:)

Cornish pasties come from Devon. Those cunts west of the border will pay for their lunch-related larceny and no mistake.

i saw this in the mirror this morning, where they did an article and a leader column :cool:

any fucker takes the mick out of cornish pasties now better get ready for a right good thumping.

a cornish pasty, a cornish pasty, there's nothing so grand as a cornish pasty,
we likes them for dinner we loves them for tea, there's nothing so grand as a cornish pasty
:)

I have visions of Cornish pasties roaming free in special pastie preserves, untroubled by pastie hunters.

It has always baffled me as to why people living far away from Cornwall, choose to call the humble pasty a 'Cornish pasty'. I come from Devon, and no-one there calls it anything other than a pasty. Pasties are a common snack in Devon.

The Cornish may lay claim to the invention of the pasty but in reality they just adopted it. It is well known that from about 500 BC and earlier the Cornish were trading with the Phoenecians, selling them tin. The Phoenecians in their turn introduced the precursor to the pasty. It was a triangular pastry-food filled with meat or vegetables and we would recognise it today and call it a Samosa, as it was fried rather than baked. I know because I was there at the time.

probably

I can't believe the original Cornish Pasty (which was invented some 500yrs ago) contained pepper..pepper cost around 3d a pound back then .. which in today's terms is about £300 billion per pound... 500,000 billion times more than the average Cornish tin miner earned in a year!

Back
Top Bottom