Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cobra Kai. The karate kid is back!

Well, TBF, I enjoyed the films more when I'd learned a bit about how to kick seven shades out of people myself, not that I was ever very good.

That is odd, although we have never met I would never have imagined you being given to displays of violence - always struck me as a fairly reasonable chap.

That is odd, although we have never met I would never have imagined you being given to displays of violence - always struck me as a fairly reasonable chap.
You'd be absolutely right, then :) There's a big difference between doing kumite in the dojo and roaring around the place giving it the silverback gorilla treatment

Trailer confused and upsets me.

Are they trying to blur the lines and make Johnny the anti-heroic whose bad boy attitude turns out to be exactly what the bullied need in this modern age?

How many lessons does Daniel need to learn to stop being an asshole?

Here we are once again. Without Mr M around to tell him he's being a prick he turns into a prick. Annnoooooying!!!

Trailer confused and upsets me.

Are they trying to blur the lines and make Johnny the anti-heroic whose bad boy attitude turns out to be exactly what the bullied need in this modern age?

How many lessons does Daniel need to learn to stop being an asshole?

Here we are once again. Without Mr M around to tell him he's being a prick he turns into a prick. Annnoooooying!!!
I guess you'll just have to watch the show to find out. Who'd have thought they'd have released an interestingly ambiguous trailer that leaves everyone wondering what's going to happen, except for some hardcore high-kickin' karate action? :hmm:

Anyone else watch this? Threw free youtube red trial at a binge-watch... It was actually ok. Bits are clunky (ID pol/PC stuff), and I don't really like teen romance subplots (but in fairness it doesn't overdo that). And some sometimes flat acting (though mostly it's decent).

The premise is as most on here guessed; original karate kids moral story wasn't quite as simple as we thought back then, look where these guys are now. Johnny and Danny are both now moderately shitty human beings, but not in an unrelatable way... And their character arcs work well... Simple, but they don't just stick with the basic role-reversal.

Obviously heavy amount of nostalgia in there... But overall it was a reasonable watch and a more worthy addition to the canon than some of the films.

Oh, heavily set up for a second season.

Daniel's behaviour/ hotheadedness was forgivable when he was a fresh faced teenager learning about life.

However, as an adult who was taught by Mr Miagi you just want to give him a slap.

Johnny's excuse for turning nice kids into bad boys n girls doesn't really fly but at least it's relatable.

The nostalgia was great though. Iron Eagle and Speedwagon etc. :D :thumbs:

I pretty much watched the entire thing in two sittings.

I watched the first two episodes on YouTube, then it started asking for money.

Where can I stream this for free? Don't do torrents.

Just discovered this too. I wondered how they planned to monetise it...

It's an attention getter (what word am I looking for?) for youtube red, hence why they've put a lot of effort into getting original cast and decent production values. But you could say that for Netflix/Amazon original stuff too.

Same...I thought this was a film. Not sure if I can be arsed with a whole series tbh.

Well the first 2 episodes you can watch on youtube. In total it's 10 eps, though the last is er... 40 mins I think. 5-6 hrs So not too long.

Back
Top Bottom