Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bake off is back 2021

Even though she irritates me I have to admire her pluck. She’s quite a trooper.

I was quite worried about Freya at one point - I thought she was going to crumble.

Jürgen is back!

Freya really annoys me. We love Jurgen and Guiseppe. If either of them win them we shall be happy.

I'll have to pay attention to it now.
Mostly this dress from this week tbf.

0_lec_rpat_lizzie_12102021.jpg

Certainly odd to see the precocious student leave this early, but it's fair. We have a number of people still left who are not up to standard. It's Giuseppe vs Jurgen this year, that's been clear since episode one.

Just sat watching episode 4, dessert week.

When Maggie turned out her sticky toffee puddings from the moulds I was howling with laughter… then she comes out that line about how the viewers at home would be feeling so sorry for her - and I fell off the sofa!! 😂🤣

I don’t know if I’m one week or two weeks behind, but last night watched German week. Seemed harsh on Freya that she got dropped, as her bakes weren’t that bad. Juergen and Guiseppe continue to impress as the strongest of the group!

I don’t know if I’m one week or two weeks behind, but last night watched German week. Seemed harsh on Freya that she got dropped, as her bakes weren’t that bad. Juergen and Guiseppe continue to impress as the strongest of the group!

Yeah that must be a few weeks back. We've had caramel week and this week was 'Free From' (gluten, dairy, flavour, taste) week.

Which reminds me, I was planning to bake some caramel slices with an inch of caramel. Must add that to the list!

I'm sorry but did everyone watch a different version than I did of last night. Jurgen ballsed up his macarons, dropped his bloody sausage rolls and still served them, we are still in a pandemic and hygiene lockdown yeah :hmm:, and his cake was massive but distinctively averagely decorated and on the wonk. And why did the white chocolate bit look like set custard rather than sponge?

I'm sure they have, in previous series, said that the decisions are made week by week, not accumulatively or is that just the final?

I'm sorry but did everyone watch a different version than I did of last night. Jurgen ballsed up his macarons, dropped his bloody sausage rolls and still served them, we are still in a pandemic and hygiene lockdown yeah :hmm:, and his cake was massive but distinctively averagely decorated and on the wonk. And why did the white chocolate bit look like set custard rather than sponge?

I'm sure they have, in previous series, said that the decisions are made week by week, not accumulatively or is that just the final?

Yeah I think this was one of his weakest weeks, but they claimed to really like his showpiece (even though it looked a bit wonky to me) and also his macaroon creation (especially the filling).

Back
Top Bottom