Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bake Off 2022

Well, some favourites didn’t have a good week.

Fair result but quite gutted about who went home. Only two weeks left. 😞

Yeah. He did have a bad week, and he took it so well that he's even more lovable.

I know they judge week by week rather than overall, but Abdul is really incredibly lucky to have got this far, and to have knocked out both Janusz and Maxie. He's mainly squeaked through by never doing anything risky. Now I'm wondering if he'll even win the whole thing, and he's nice enough, but he's definitely not the best baker by a long shot.

Yeah. He did have a bad week, and he took it so well that he's even more lovable.

I know they judge week by week rather than overall, but Abdul is really incredibly lucky to have got this far, and to have knocked out both Janusz and Maxie. He's mainly squeaked through by never doing anything risky. Now I'm wondering if he'll even win the whole thing, and he's nice enough, but he's definitely not the best baker by a long shot.
I agree. He’s lovely but he’s not really deserving of a place in the final. I think it’ll be Syabira which means Sandro will probably win.

I’m underwhelmed tbh. They’re all great bakers but that didn’t feel like a final.
Yeah, I agree. The tasks were all wrong - cramming a whole picnic, including bread baking, into the Signature when they've had that as the final Showstopper task in the past, then a Technical which (let's face it) no one would want to eat even if it had turned out perfectly, then a Showstopper that felt like it had been pulled out of a hat.

I’m watching it, but as usual I’m a few weeks behind so it’s always a dilemma whether to try to read the thread or whether I’ll see a spoiler. But while I’m here I’ll say the standard is again crazy high this year, although I didn’t rate their smörgåstorta efforts. Only Maxy got close.

Such an enjoyable show overall though :thumbs:

I just really haven’t felt the love for it this year. The challenges have all been a bit silly and over engineered and I thought the final was really disappointing.

And Matt and Noel really annoy me.

I want to get back to baking.

Summer pudding is delicious despite looking like an alien brain (I made it this summer, but a proper one without all the jelly and mousse faffing)

Yeah it’s the wet bread that puts me off. I’m really squeamish about bread texture.
Me too. I can’t even eat normal white sliced bread unless it’s toasted. And I can’t bear the thought of bread and butter pudding or bread sauce. Yuck.

Watching the new year special and I had forgotten how annoying Lottie is.

The gorgeous Chigs making up for it though.

Last edited:
Junior Bake Off on every day at 5pm on channel 4.

It's the best thing on telly- Harry Hill is hilarious, Rav and Liam (nice to see em) are brilliant judges and really connect with the kids

The kids are really sweet too - very supportive of each other.

Some get Harry's humour and really laugh at his jokes and some look at him like he's the village idiot.

Superior to the original in every way

Reactions: Chz
Back
Top Bottom