Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Clapham, Stockwell and Kennington news, rumour and general chat

In a slight tangent, has any one else noticed that postboxes on Stockwell Road and at Stockwell Post Office have been sealed up?! Or at least they were on Saturday. Why would this happen, especially in a rare year when I'm planning to write Christmas cards?

The health club was really good... I was a member while I lived up that way. I was told it allowed the school to have facilities it otherwise couldn't have afforded

But not all of the money is going back directly towards the school. Lambeth Cllr Kevin Craig's 'political consultancy' company has trousered over half a million out of Durand in the past three years for PR work.

Craig sits on the Board of the Academy Trust.

don't quote the spam plz

Why do I get the impression that you are somehow connected to the establishment?

I'm not too sure that the General Dental Council would advocate spamming as the best means of promoting a practice

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what's happening with Alba on Bedford Road? It looked like they'd shut for a basic refit, but it is a few weeks down the line now and they've got adverts out for bar staff. They haven't needed bar staff to serve pizzas thus far. Is there a change in the offing? Can we expect our Peronis in jam jars?

Not to mention Durands involvement with political lobbying, their ridiculous part time boarding secondary school and the ridiculous stand off they got into with lambeth over their second site... They at the most litigious school I've ever encountered and together with the bad experience my family (and others I know) had with them... I despise them.
Especially the bloody headmaster who in my opinion is a nasty piece of work and cares more about building a name and enterprise than the children or their education or the communities they come from

Last edited:
Kennington Park Road closed both ways 'cos of an accident outside Kennington tube this evening

eta apparently car and motorbike rta (via bbc traffic)

On the 59. Just gone past the poshest Costcutter I've ever seen at the park end of Kennington road. I thought it was Waitrose or something. Looks brand new.

It did used to be right grubby though, that Costcutters. Now it looks positively swish and whenever I go past on the 59 I always see somebody who works there fiddling about with their new grocery display. It used just be sat in what looked like washing up bowls and now its a fucking installation.

Even Costcutter by Stockwell tube has had the deli style makeover. No worries - Lidl is just around the corner :D

It will be interesting to see where all the trade goes when Sainsbury take over Jack's.

It did used to be right grubby though, that Costcutters. Now it looks positively swish and whenever I go past on the 59 I always see somebody who works there fiddling about with their new grocery display. It used just be sat in what looked like washing up bowls and now its a fucking installation.
Used to be my local shop when I lived next to Kennington Park. I remember when they stopped doing deals on decent beers. In fact, they might have been an independent shop before they were a costcutter. The Londis just round the corner past the caff/Barclays used to be an independent and do 6 cans of Holsten Pils for a fiver.

Used to be my local shop when I lived next to Kennington Park. I remember when they stopped doing deals on decent beers. In fact, they might have been an independent shop before they were a costcutter. The Londis just round the corner past the caff/Barclays used to be an independent and do 6 cans of Holsten Pils for a fiver.

do you mean the original KP costcutter which was the other side of the job centre where the new Morans builder merchants is.......
btw a new Sainsburys is going on the the site of the old DeLieto bakery on S Lambeth Road opposite the Canton Arms

So soon there will be a 'choice' of Sainsburys at Jack's, Sainsburys at Di Lieto or the MEGA Sainsburys going up at Nine Elms.

do you mean the original KP costcutter which was the other side of the job centre where the new Morans builder merchants is.......

I meant the same site was an independent shop before becoming a Costcutter but now I'm not so sure! :D

Back
Top Bottom