Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea Palace Semi.

tommers

Fuck it, it's fine.
Havertz just been booked for a dive. First stoppage was for the balloons the scary Palace ultras brought along.

Hoping Palace get 5 tbf.

Tuchel looks a lot like a man who was playing 90s house tunes in a Thai restaurant I went to the other day.

Well, repeat of the League Cup Final. Be nice to finish the season and celebrate the Abramovitch era with a trophy.

What's going on with the buyout thing? Was expecting you to be bankrupt by now.
I think its down to three now . The Ricketts pulled out due to bad publicity and disagreements with other funders. Think it's two Yank bids and British based bid . Funnily enough, I think Crystal Palace shareholders are connected to a couple of the bids

I think its down to three now . The Ricketts pulled out due to bad publicity and disagreements with other funders. Think it's two Yank bids and British based bid . Funnily enough, I think Crystal Palace shareholders are connected to a couple of the bids
Really? Didnt think that was allowed. Sure it'll be sorted out soon enough.

Really? Didnt think that was allowed. Sure it'll be sorted out soon enough.
Theres also some bloke who owns a fair size chunk of Atalanta in one of the bids. If any of them are successful they'll have to sell the shares in the other clubs

Are any of them preferable to the others? Or do you not care?
Consortium 1: Todd Boehly, Hansjörg Wyss and Jonathan Goldstein. Boehly owns the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Los Angeles Lakers, the Los Angeles Sparks, Cloud9, and DraftKings. As of March 2022, Todd Boehly’s net worth is estimated to be $4.72 billion. Hansjörg Wyss The 86-year-old Swiss American co-founded a medical device manufacturer called Synthes USA in 1977. In 2012 he sold it to Johnson & Johnson for $19.7 billion.Jonathan Goldstein He is co-founder and CEO of the investment firm Cain International, who have assets under management worth $10.8 billion. The property investor is also a Spurs fan He is also a long-time business partner of Todd Boehly in various ventures

Consortium 2: Stephen Pagliuca and Larry Tanenbaum Pagliuca co-owns the NBA franchise the Boston Celtics and a stake in Italian side Atalanta. He is a private equity executive who co-chairs Bain Capital, a firm which has $155 billion capital under management.Larry Tanenbaum is a member of the NHL Board of Governors and chairman of the NBA Board of Governors. He is chairman of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) and that company owns the Toronto Raptors, the Maple Leafs, Toronto FC and the Argonauts.

Consortium 3: Sir Martin Broughton, Josh Harris, & David Blitzer Martin Broughton is deputy chairman of British Airways parent company International Airways Group. Broughton was briefly chairman of Liverpool in 2010 but is a life-long Chelsea fan. Josh Harris is co-founder of Apollo Global Management and is worth $7.8 billion according to Bloomberg. He has stakes in multiple sports teams, such as NBA's Philadelphia 76ers, NHL's New Jersey Devils, NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers and Crystal Palace. David Blitzer is co-managing partner and minority owner of the New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia 76ers, Crystal Palace, Augsburg, ADO Den Haag, Waasland-Beveren, Real Salt Lake, Scranton Wilkes/Barre RailRiders and a senior executive at firm Blackstone Group.Blitzer has built up his wealth through a holding company co-owned with billionaire Josh Harris. Blitzer's net worth is reportedly around $1.3 billion currently. Blitzer serves as the Global Head of Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities group.

Personally, I think the Boehly one has the best experience but as long as they sell Lukaku any of them will do.

Consortium 1: Todd Boehly, Hansjörg Wyss and Jonathan Goldstein. Boehly owns the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Los Angeles Lakers, the Los Angeles Sparks, Cloud9, and DraftKings. As of March 2022, Todd Boehly’s net worth is estimated to be $4.72 billion. Hansjörg Wyss The 86-year-old Swiss American co-founded a medical device manufacturer called Synthes USA in 1977. In 2012 he sold it to Johnson & Johnson for $19.7 billion.Jonathan Goldstein He is co-founder and CEO of the investment firm Cain International, who have assets under management worth $10.8 billion. The property investor is also a Spurs fan He is also a long-time business partner of Todd Boehly in various ventures

Consortium 2: Stephen Pagliuca and Larry Tanenbaum Pagliuca co-owns the NBA franchise the Boston Celtics and a stake in Italian side Atalanta. He is a private equity executive who co-chairs Bain Capital, a firm which has $155 billion capital under management.Larry Tanenbaum is a member of the NHL Board of Governors and chairman of the NBA Board of Governors. He is chairman of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) and that company owns the Toronto Raptors, the Maple Leafs, Toronto FC and the Argonauts.

Consortium 3: Sir Martin Broughton, Josh Harris, & David Blitzer Martin Broughton is deputy chairman of British Airways parent company International Airways Group. Broughton was briefly chairman of Liverpool in 2010 but is a life-long Chelsea fan. Josh Harris is co-founder of Apollo Global Management and is worth $7.8 billion according to Bloomberg. He has stakes in multiple sports teams, such as NBA's Philadelphia 76ers, NHL's New Jersey Devils, NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers and Crystal Palace. David Blitzer is co-managing partner and minority owner of the New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia 76ers, Crystal Palace, Augsburg, ADO Den Haag, Waasland-Beveren, Real Salt Lake, Scranton Wilkes/Barre RailRiders and a senior executive at firm Blackstone Group.Blitzer has built up his wealth through a holding company co-owned with billionaire Josh Harris. Blitzer's net worth is reportedly around $1.3 billion currently. Blitzer serves as the Global Head of Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities group.

Personally, I think the Boehly one has the best experience but as long as they sell Lukaku any of them will do.

Did you mention Spurs in there somewhere :eek: no, please, no.

Very excited for a Liverpool Chelsea final. That's something to look forward to.
Could be, or it could be shit. MOTD showed a montage of the teams' various Cup wins down the years last night, including Chelsea's 2007 victory over Man Utd. That was the first official game in the new Wembley, and it was utter shite.

Could be, or it could be shit. MOTD showed a montage of the teams' various Cup wins down the years last night, including Chelsea's 2007 victory over Man Utd. That was the first official game in the new Wembley, and it was utter shite.
Yeah, i was being sarcastic.

A lot of us wanted a West Ham Burnley final but as that's out of the windows I'll settle with Chelsea Liverpool
I'm not sure what us and Burnley have go to do with it but as a neutral it's boring watching the same game over and over again. Haven't you been in the last 3 fa cup finals? Plus the champs league, league cup etc. Liverpool are the same. It'd be good to watch a game which is actually an occasion for at least one of the teams, like a Palace, or Everton, Southampton. Whatever. A game that their fans are genuinely excited about in a "we might not get this again" kind of way, rather than "same time next year?" kind of way.

I get that it's not the same for you but there we are.

If you're saying that a Liverpool Chelsea game is intrinsically better in some way than us vs Burnley or Leicester vs Everton or Southampton vs Palace then i would respectfully disagree with that. :D

I'm not sure what us and Burnley have go to do with it but as a neutral it's boring watching the same game over and over again. Haven't you been in the last 3 fa cup finals? Plus the champs league, league cup etc. Liverpool are the same. It'd be good to watch a game which is actually an occasion for at least one of the teams, like a Palace, or Everton, Southampton. Whatever. A game that their fans are genuinely excited about in a "we might not get this again" kind of way, rather than "same time next year?" kind of way.

If you're saying that a Liverpool Chelsea game is intrinsically better in some way than us vs Burnley or Leicester vs Everton or Southampton vs Palace then i would respectfully disagree with that. :D
maybe they should have trialled three way football this season and had palace v burnley v southampton

Last two finals and this one. The one before those was a 'we might not get this again' final; Man City 6 Watford 0

Back
Top Bottom