Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea FC 22/23

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Thought I'd get this one going before the final game of the somewhat underwhelming US tour. I really didnt expect to see Batshuayi, Alonso, Azpi and Kenedy featuring. Despite "that pen" Gallagher has looked good and next game against Arsenal we should see the two bargains of the summer so far in Sterling and Jesus on show.

Can't see anyone but City or Liverpool winning it this season but I reckon Spurs will be the main challenge for third, if they keep Conte at the helm.

How was Batshuayi? When we had him on loan at Palace about 4 years ago he looked sharp and hungry and scored a few goals that turned games. But the season before last when he came back he looked lethargic and he ended up barely playing for us even though we had him for a whole season..

How was Batshuayi? When we had him on loan at Palace about 4 years ago he looked sharp and hungry and scored a few goals that turned games. But the season before last when he came back he looked lethargic and he ended up barely playing for us even though we had him for a whole season..
Couldn't hit a barn door . He should have gone a couple of years ago but his wages are prohibitive.

A sense e of releief with the take over but things are going to be difficult this year I feel. Three months of sanctions which saw us lose Rudiger and Christenson because we couldn't renew contracts.. Tuchel having to do coaching as well as a bigger input into transfers than he should be as key administrative staff have left ie Marina and Cech. The academy has become a two edged sword with youth players wanting first team places which cant be guaranteed whilst at the same time we have a number of players who were bought under different coaches that we cant shift.

I think the Koulibay and Sterling signings are spot on and I can't work out how a club like Barca who couldn't afford to put out a team in their league unless they cut their wage bill suddenly are buying up our players and transfer targets.

I think the Koulibay and Sterling signings are spot on and I can't work out how a club like Barca who couldn't afford to put out a team in their league unless they cut their wage bill suddenly are buying up our players and transfer targets.

They sold a percentage of their future TV rights to raise £600m.

I think it's 20-30% of their TV rights for the next 25 years, which is a real Last Chance Saloon kinda deal as they won't be able to do it again or there'll be no money left to actually run the club for that time. They're also looking to sell some of their merchandising rights too.Screenshot_20220725-131114_Chrome.jpg

Agree on Batshuayi, he's nothing special and I wouldnt be sad to see him go.

As for Barca I think last chance saloon is a very good description AverageJoe .
I've read somewhere that if they do hijack the Kounde deal then we will hang on to Azpi and Alonso so not all doom and gloom. James and Chilwell staying fit is crucial this season.

Tuchel has already said that Chelsea need to complete their signings before Azi can go. The whole football transfer market is new to the owners who are going to have to learn quick or throw some money at agents.

Cucurella and Sterling already look like established players at the Bridge. Some weird substitutions but they seemed to work. Poor Frank looks like he is entering a bad run of injuries and results.

Big game next against Conte's Tottenham. If you want to see some good solid football this season then they are the team to watch, except next week of course.

There’s only one reason Spurs escaped with a draw and that Anthony Taylor who is one of the most inept referees I have had the misfortune to see . Romero should have been off unless they’ve changed the rules about pulling a defender to the ground by the hair and I wasn’t sure about the tackle on Havertz either .
Very good display from us after the late takeover , Spurs might as well as sat in the coach first half and a good second half . Loftus Cheek played well at RWB and James was top.

Some very inept decisions by the ref. It didn't stop it being a great game but it did unnecessarily add to the increasing tension. Cucurella looks a fantastic buy, Koulibaly too.
Spurs played the whole first half as 5-4-1. They don't need to be doing that. When they finally came at us they looked dangerous.

As bad a Chelsea performance as I have seen in years, this one at Leeds.

Yup. Tuchel needs to be braver with the subs. Why bring on Pulisic and Ziyech when they've got one foot out the door. Broja sitting on the bench thinking wtf.
Bad day for Chelsea all round.

The Champions League draw is ok imo : Milan are the biggest threat to us winning the group ( although if we spend the ridiculous fee of £120m for Leao that apparently has been quoted they'll end up buying half a new team) , Salzburg and Zagreb wont be tearing up tress but will be organised as you'd expect.

Loftus Cheek is looking really good this season and it was great to see Chilwell and Broja come on. Crap first have but my did it liven up.

Shearer on motd saying it was the worst var decision ever. He obviously never watched Chelsea v Spurs and he obviously never noticed that Antonio should have received a second yellow before he scored.

Overall we were the better team, West Ham were way too negative.

Jesus . I’m sure I read that the new owners were ‘backing him’ . 😂 I wonder what the issue is/ was as there doesn’t seem to be anyone on the market that’s better .

Back
Top Bottom