Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charlotte Dujardin not competing in dressage after whipping video emerges

Personally, I don't care how dangerous it is to the human. It's a pity the horses don't throw the riders off when they start abusing them! Whipping a horse whether behind the scenes or in competition is cruel, full stop.

As to calling her animal lover, nothing could be further from the truth! Treating a horse like she did is fucking sick and she deserves everything she gets.

It's a pity some 19 year old who is probably very confused by the realities of animal sports vs the fantasy she's been sold isn't suffering from lifetime back injury or similar? You can do both. She is both a sadistic piece of shit wrt animals, and clearly negligent as to the wellbeing of her students.

It's a pity some 19 year old who is probably very confused by the realities of animal sports vs the fantasy she's been sold isn't suffering from lifetime back injury or similar? You can do both. She is both a sadistic piece of shit wrt animals, and clearly negligent as to the wellbeing of her students.
Sorry, who is the 19 year old you mention?

The Olympic events should just involve consenting humans. The whole thing needs cutting down in any event and getting rid of the remaining horse events would seem to be a good start.

I take it you weren't a fan of the 1900 Olympic event of live pigeon shooting.
I am old but not that old. :D Actually I remember reading about the pigeon thing. Apparently Poodle Clipping nearly made it in that year too. One I would rather like to see back is Pistol Duelling (dropped in 1912 I thnk) presumably they ran out of entrants.
But seriously back on topic this whipping business is not good and I doubt it is a one off or anything like.

I'm no fan of dressage or animal cruelty, but think that releasing the video just before the Olympics is a cunty thing to do.
Absolutely! It's obviously something she does, and has done, on a regular basis. She won't be the only one either, that's for sure.
How do you know? And why is it obvious?

If it was regular, the would be other videos and evidence.

My dad used to do a bit of dressage training. After he retired he used to help out at a local stables in return for free riding, having worked with livestock all his life, then from that got into volunteering for Riding for the Disabled. One lad he coached for years wanted to try dressage so him and my dad taught themselves together and he got quite good I understand. Dad didn't even own a whip, so must be possible to train without, though maybe not to top competition standard.

I'm no fan of dressage or animal cruelty, but think that releasing the video just before the Olympics is a cunty thing to do.

How do you know? And why is it obvious?

If it was regular, the would be other videos and evidence.
It is not a cunty thing to do, it was the right thing to do.

You seriously believe that was the first time? I don't know who filmed it. Maybe they were new at the stables and didn't have the same reverence for her. She probably hasn't been filmed doing it before because of her status. I'm sure many people have turned a blind eye in the past.

there was also a racehorse called 'Cannabis' which I lost a quid on in the 70s, first and (nearly) only bet I've placed.

It is not a cunty thing to do, it was the right thing to do.

You seriously believe that was the first time? I don't know who filmed it. Maybe they were new at the stables and didn't have the same reverence for her. She probably hasn't been filmed doing it before because of her status. I'm sure many people have turned a blind eye in the past.
The right thing to do would have been to release it years ago.

I think her status would make her more likely to be filmed. Do you really think that someone who has been competing for 13 years, has 3 gold medals and was regularly abusing horses would have been able to get away with it until now, with so many cameraphones about?

The right thing to do would have been to release it years ago.

I think her status would make her more likely to be filmed. Do you really think that someone who has been competing for 13 years, has 3 gold medals and was regularly abusing horses would have been able to get away with it until now, with so many cameraphones about?
Who would film her though? She's surrounded by wannabes and acolytes who look up to her. They wouldn't risk filming her for fear of losing a chance to train with her. I suspect the person who filmed this was a stable hand, so had less to lose, should they be caught.

Back
Top Bottom