Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Change UK: Chuka Umunna resigns from Labour party and launches Independent Group

Of the two people in that picture, one is trying very hard not to piss himself laughing, and the other is trying pathetically hard to put a brave face on it.

In the next laughing-so-hard-i-think-i'm-going-to-shit-myself moment, I look forward to seeing Chuckles receive a single, solitary vote in the LibDem leadership election.

Given that recent Council ward by election in Chukas constituency almost saw a Labour Council seat fall to LDs Chuka might reckon he is in with a chance of keeping his seat if general election happens.

LDs have gained a lot of votes in Lambeth due to Brexit.

This despite the Lambeth Labour party and the Labour run administration supporting second referendum. Being clearly Remain as are roughly 80% of Lambeth voters.

Chuka is Labour MP in area in which most Labour supporters are Remain.

His defection to LDs is inexcusable.

They've got their excuses and have parroted them at length already. Ooh these times they move in mysterious ways etc. Even when its dull shit like this where the conventional wisdom would also have been not to take this lot, or any other new 'centrist party' seriously. But ooh ooh its all weird now, we have populist charismatic shit beacons lighting up the political atmosphere, we thought all the old conventions were dead, blah blah mcshittery.

they wanted to believe, like slack-jawed Mulders trying to will a saviour party into being.

I'd put money on Chuks not lasting that long in the Lib Dems. He'll remind the activists too much of the c grade management consultant cabal of Orange Bookers that turned up and so royally fucked them over 15 years ago.

Amazing

b1c6ae2b0488c57ee3c3a480d3f5bd77.jpg

The Streatham MP told the Times he had been "wrong" to think "millions of politically homeless people... wanted a new option on the ballot paper".

"I also think I vastly underestimated the importance of having an infrastructure and existing relationships with voters," he added.

MP Chuka Umunna joins the Lib Dems

May as well have said 'from the moment I first saw the logo, I knew that I was screwed'.

Never mind, he is wiser now, he has drunk from the font pain of knowledge.

All too believable though.

He doesn't give a damn about "his" area, any more than he cares about the ex-colleagues he's abandoned. He clearly cares only about ensuring his only future.
Is there no other career path open to him? I presume the ones that have left to be independent rightly know their days in politics are up

Back
Top Bottom