Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City /Cardiff Dragons/ RedBlueDragonBirds 2013-2014, Bluebirds Unite and related chat

All that's wrong with modern football right here. We're a fucking advert for Malaysia, and it seems that at least one of the people who have half-heartedly declared support for Cardiff don't even know where it is.
Ahmad, a 34-year-old fan of Malaysian outfit Johor Darul Takzim, said: “I am happy that a Malaysian-owned team is going great guns in the Premier League.

Malaysian actor Farin Ahmad is presented with a Cardiff City shirt by Vincent Tan
“I am an Arsenal fan but I always look out for Cardiff’s results.

“I am very proud of the fact that the club is Malaysian and to be honest I have taken Cardiff as my second team in England.
Owner Tan said: “I have invested a lot financially in the team and hope that the club will remain in the top flight of English football for a very long time.

“We do not have the financial muscle of Real Madrid or Man Utd, but we have spent a lot of money this season to buy new players and strengthen the team in every position.”

He added that Tourism Ministry have also contributed to promote the team in line with Visit Malaysia 2014.

“With the power of advertising and the huge popularity of the Premier League, the world now knows about Malaysia and I am absolutely delighted with the overwhelming show of support of the players, manager and the fans for the bright start that we have made in the league.”
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-owner-vincent-tan-6151491

:facepalm:

This is your future. Get used to it.
And my past:
article-2044703-0E341D5700000578-703_634x345.jpg

for clarity (as i know you'll need it)
that pic you posted was down to snoop not the club, if CCFC wore red then he'd be in a red shirt

Total farce. Look where you've taken us, you fucking twat red-shirt-wearing Cardiff 'fans'.

Mackay refusing to quit Cardiff after owner row
Malky Mackay is reportedly refusing to walk away from Cardiff City despite owner Vincent Tan replacing the club's head of recruitment with a 23-year-old friend of his own son.

Mackay's right-hand man Iain Moody has been shown the door with Kazakhstani Alisher Apsalyamov, who had been painting walls at the Cardiff City Stadium three months ago, brought in.

Apsalyamov, who has no experience at all in football, attended the same Swiss finishing school as Tan's son.

However the Daily Mail understands Mackay, who led Cardiff to promotion to the Premier League last season, will not resign despite being devastated by the developments.

Mackay's relationship with Tan has deteriorated in recent weeks with the increasing presence of Apsalyamov causing him alarm.

Apsalyamov was initially brought in to help the club's maintenance team but has recently been preparing for his new role by studying Cardiff's games on a laptop.

On Tuesday, Moody was placed on gardening leave until the end of the season before staff were informed Apsalyamov would take over his duties.
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/246083.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Even the Mail thinks the writing is on the wall:

As Mackay's head of recruitment, Moody is arguably the Scot's most trusted aide. He was central to the transfers of Gary Medel and Steven Caulker in the summer, not to mention Fraizer Campbell, Kevin Theophile-Catherine and 21 other moves Mackay has made in his two successful years at the club.

Moody was the press officer-turned operations guru at Watford. Mackay started working with him there, developing a close friendship. Each time a transfer was completed this summer – more than £30m was spent following promotion from the Championship – Mackay highlighted Moody's role. Moody, so diligent in his trade, took 47 flights in 60 days to chase players and close deals before this campaign started.

It remains to be seen how badly this will damage Mackay's position at the club, though for now he is adamant he will not leave. Yet how can this have a happy ending?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-profile-The-controversial-Cardiff-owner.html

If you want your club back I guess you actually need a whole new string of farces and disasters. Embrace the stupidity and you'll be playing in blue before you know it.

If you want your club back I guess you actually need a whole new string of farces and disasters. Embrace the stupidity and you'll be playing in blue before you know it.
Oh I don't give much of a fuck because this clown will be gone soon enough and he'll almost certainly take the club down with him.

And then all the fucking glory hunting dickheads will go back to support Man Utd and the real fans will be back to watch us play in blue in Division 8 or wherever it is we fall to. And then - with luck - we'll start off all over with a proper fan-owned club and then finally do the loyal fans and the city justice.

I'm not a Cardiff fan but heard about this on the radio. Seems a whole new layer of totally barking.

Can't be long till a fly on the wall documentary captures the madness of all this a la QPR and the Briatorie etc years.

I probably spelt Briatorie wrong btw

That doc is a great watch btw

If your striker, Cornelius, is the one who succesfully manages to keep the owner away from the squad on matchdays, The South Wales Echo will be able to run the headline, "TAN BAN THANK YOU AND".

Looks like Malky could be heading for the exit.
Cardiff City today denied that the club’s owner Vincent Tan has asked manager Malky Mackay to resign, after the owner’s decision to replace the club’s head of recruitment with a 23-year-old friend of his son left the Scot’s future looking deeply uncertain.

Several sources have told The Independent that Tan asked Mackay to quit, during a tense meeting with senior members of club staff on Tuesday, and that the Scot – who is determined to carry on at the south Wales club - had categorically refused. But Mackay’s relationship with Tan, whose unusual perspective on football leads him to believe that Cardiff were promoted to the Premier League because of the “lucky red” strip he introduced, is now deeply damaged.

The Malaysian is understood to believe that Cardiff have overspent, should be in the Premier League top four and that their start to the season – which includes victory over Manchester City – is not good enough, after his own investment of £11m plus £70m in loans.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...the-club-is-heading-for-calamity-8868928.html

Fuck Tan. Fuck the spineless, glory hunting fans that went along with this charade. In fact, fuck it all.
Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay favourite for next Premier League exit after Iain Moody suspension
A flurry of bets on Malky Mackay to leave Cardiff Ciity has seen him installed by several bookies as the favourite to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-boss-malky-mackay-6161376

Malky Mackay - Cardiff
Sack race odds at the start of the season: 25/1
Sack race odds now: 6/4
http://blog.paddypower.com/2013/10/...rdiff-citys-malky-mackay-next-up-for-his-p45/

Back
Top Bottom