Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City /Cardiff Dragons/ RedBlueDragonBirds 2013-2014, Bluebirds Unite and related chat

it would be an amazing result. Nearly as good as when we beat City 1-0 in the FA Cup, courtesy of a Nathan Blake wondergoal.

That was the loudest I've ever heard us in the new stadium. Great voice all the way through. Did feel a bit like the city of old.

Great moment where the grange end imitated man city's celebration after the third goal went in.

bCHWGxq.jpg

Bluebirds Unite march arriving at the Cardiff City Stadium

"We're supposed to be in blue"
"Are you watching Vincent Tan"

BBC reports 300 started the walk and numbers swelled along the way.

That video points a different picture.

But say Im generous and believe 500 marched. That's only 2% of the fans that turned up on Sunday that feel strongly enough to protest.

But say Im generous and believe 500 marched. That's only 2% of the fans that turned up on Sunday that feel strongly enough to protest.
Standard fare. 500 prepared an organised walk to the match, vast majority are "ohmahgerd premierleeeeeeage!!!!!"

We get the football we deserve. :(

I know you're keen to dismiss and deride these fans, but trying to downgrade the figure isn't going to help your cause.
Wales Online puts the figure at 'almost a thousand' fans who joined the match. That's a big turn out by any standard.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/bluebirds-unite-march-through-city-5784409

I dunno the figure. But I've seen more people in a small night club than was in that video and it was the beeb that said 300 started the march. Didn't look like a thousand to me.

I wore my blue shirt at Creamfields. I wouldn't have marched though.

That video only shows the front of the march arriving.

It was an odd one, numbers fluctuated throughout the march. i think the plan had been to march through Canton and pick more people up from the pubs but i think the march lost as many to the pubs as it gained, if not more.

I would say 1,000 people is actually a conservative estimate, i would have put it quite a bit higher than that.

The assumption that those that do not march against something must be for it is a non starter. It is like saying that becasue only 2 million marched against the war in Iraq the other 60 million in the country must have been for it. It just does not work like that.

Football fans of all people are notorious for not geting involved in things like this, i think 1,000+ turnout is a massive success. All along the march route there were people out from the pubs cheering and clapping and cars/busses/taxis and so on beeping in support.

A quick look around the ground will tell you that there is still a majority preferring blue, even if they choose to not march.

I'm transferring this discussion back to the (titled as such) Bluebirds Unite thread.

Great post. I really don't like the re-brand as I've stated many times and agree with Ed that the split in fans is pretty heartbreaking. But I have a season ticket which cost me a lot of money and on match day (especially the city game) it all does kind of fade into the background. The fans were as loud as I've ever heard them, which really cheered me up. So I'm going to turn up, wear blue and support the club through what looks like one of our most entertaining seasons in a long time. What else are you supposed to do on a Saturday afternoon? Go shopping? :D

I don't think anyone thinks that fans being divided is anything other than a shame. Editor also called it unforgivable.

However some are slowly forgiving. Or if not forgiving learning temporary amnesia for the sake of domestic peace.

Even the KCB lot have started to append their press statements with “nothing against the club or Tan but....”.

Some have reached this point of “You bastard, but i still love you” sooner than others. A few really won’t forgive, like two of my friends who have started new affairs (Newport County)... but many others have proved that it is possible to forgive to some extent, or at least bury the hatchet occasionally.

It seems that Cardiff City's Blue Kit, will was supposed to be on sale this September (as promised), now won't be available till at least October.
Stay classy, Cardiff.

Back
Top Bottom