Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City /Cardiff Dragons/ RedBlueDragonBirds 2013-2014, Bluebirds Unite and related chat

Can people explain why his age is continually mentioned?

Fair enough that he has zero football experience but say someone lived, breathed, ate football. Had a sports based degree, father is Alex Furgerson or someone prominent in football.
Would the 23 be mentioned so often for someone appointed 'Caretaker' Head of Recruitment (a glorified admin job and) or are you all ageist?

They said its a temporary measure. Tan may or may not be looking for an experienced (or should I say 'a not young'?) person to permanently replace Moody.

Also I can't believe we signed that player who used to clean boots at his club. A stadium painter is one thing but a boot cleaner!!

Or was it just one of those "do this shit job" tests of character people come up with to see. Rich finishing school lad, Tan self made man. I can see Tan wanting to see if he'd graft or was a spoilt rich kid who would think it beneath him and winge about it.

Also I can't believe we signed that player who used to clean boots at his club. A stadium painter is one thing but a boot cleaner!!

Or was it just one of those "do this shit job" tests of character people come up with to see. Rich finishing school lad, Tan self made man. I can see Tan wanting to see if he'd graft or was a spoilt rich kid who would think it beneath him and winge about it.

What in the name of fuck are you on about?

They said its a temporary measure. Tan may or may not be looking for an experienced (or should I say 'a not young'?) person to permanently replace Moody.
So how do you feel about a very young and totally inexperienced person with zero knowledge or understanding of the job being given a major role at Cardiff City, whether this job is temporary or not?

The sole reason he appears to have been handed this hugely important job is that he is a friend of the owner's son.

Now if that doesn't ring alarm bells in your blinkered world, I guess we'll have to wait until Tan suggests a move into England and the team play in the Malaysian flag before you'll wake up.

one question Gromit
as my gran used to say "if so and so said you should put your hand in the fire, would you?"
if the so and so was Tan and he asked you, how quick would you run to the fire?

So how do you feel about a very young and totally inexperienced person with zero knowledge or understanding of the job being given a major role at Cardiff City, whether this job is temporary or not?

The sole reason he appears to have been handed this hugely important job is that he is a friend of the owner's son.

Now if that doesn't ring alarm bells in your blinkered world, I guess we'll have to wait until Tan suggests a move into England and the team play in the Malaysian flag before you'll wake up.

Do you have his full CV?

I'm just asking how you know exactly what his experience is.

He could be an trained in corporate contract law. Football contracts, corporate contracts. Different but a smart person should be able to transfer skills.

Do you have his full CV?

He could be an trained in corporate contract law. Football contracts, corporate contracts. Different but a smart person should be able to transfer skills.
do you?
or any links to any press releases? his linked in profile? news stories?

What in the name of fuck are you on about?

Most football apprentices have to clean the boots of senior players before they get to be players themselves. Why? A football club can afford to pay someone and write it off as an expense.

Do you have his full CV?

Given his high level appointment, you might think it would be up to the club to produce such information.

The complete lack of any information suggests that he has zero relevant experience, but if you know better, feel free to post up up his CV.

do you?
or any links to any press releases? his linked in profile? news stories?

No but then I not the one quantifying how much experience he has based on the 'ooh he painted walls' shit stirring press.

Editor knows the press are shit stirring scum from before Tan turned up. Funny how he is prepared to swallow their stories whole now whilst I'm saying we don't know the full details.

No but then I not the one quantifying how much experience he has based on the 'ooh he painted walls' shit stirring press.

Editor knows the press are shit stirring scum from before Tan turned up. Funny how he is prepared to swallow their stories whole now whilst I'm saying we don't know the full details.
You are TOTALLY missing the point. The whole reason why the press have made a big story about it - and why we've become the laughing stock of the league - is precisely because it's clear that he really does have no experience. Many journalists have asked, and nothing has been forthcoming.

Now you can slag off the press and call them 'scum' for that if you like, but it's entirely Tan's fuck up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco_Baldini
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Carr

These are what CVs look like for people responsible for recruitment at Premiership football clubs. Well not CVs exactly, but you get what I mean.

Unless of course Kelly, variously described as one of Mackay's "trusted staff" whose departure is enough to bring Mackay's future into question, was in fact doing a "glorified admin job" appointing receptionists, tea-ladies and the like rather than anything to do with the playing staff.

You are TOTALLY missing the point. The whole reason why the press have made a big story about it - and why we've become the laughing stock of the league - is precisely because it's clear that he really does have no experience. Many journalists have asked, and nothing has been forthcoming.

Now you can slag off the press and call them 'scum' for that if you like, but it's entirely Tan's fuck up.

Perhaps because his qualifications are none of our business. I'd tell you to fuck off too if you asked me what mine were.

I'm not saying that he is qualified mind. Just that you can not go on whether he is or is not on press presumptions.
Absence of proof is not proof.

Perhaps because his qualifications are none of our business.
What, really? You mean the fans - you know the people who have kept the club afloat for decades - have no right whatsoever to even ask what qualifications a new high ranking employee might have - even when he is replacing a highly respected employee?

I don't know what kind of football set-up you like to support, but just shutting up and blindly accepting the apparently random decisions of a whimsical millionaire boss isn't the kind of thing I'm interested in supporting.

What, really? You mean the fans - you know the people who have kept the club afloat for decades - have no right whatsoever to even ask what qualifications a new high ranking employee might have - even when he is replacing a highly respected employee?

I don't know what kind of football set-up you like to support, but just shutting up and blindly accepting the apparently random decisions of a whimsical millionaire boss isn't the kind of thing I'm interested in supporting.

The customers. The customers who don't question who is head of HR at Panasonic or Sony but still buy their entertainment products etc.

Being Fanatical (fans) about a product doesn't make us special it makes us fools. And yes I count myself in that statement too. A willing fool to spend money to watch other people exercise.

The customers. The customers who don't question who is head of HR at Panasonic or Sony but still buy their entertainment products etc.
Err, their shareholders would have the board sacked in about 5 minutes if they brought in some inexperienced 23yr old with zero relevant expertise.

What on earth is wrong with these people i dont care if we play in pink ribbons vincent tan has devoted millions of pounds to this club some of you muppets would rather us in the ryman league than the premiership as for the furore over moody in 12 months no one will remember it. I dont think it was a sensible thing or good for the club but the big picture is we are stable successful making a profit have a truly altruistic owner not that scumbag hamman taking 5k a week in wages for doing nothing we are incredibly better placed than those dark days so support the owner the team the manager and stop griping its pathetic the swans must be laughing at us and quite rightly so.malkys going nowhere but if he did there is no shortage of quality managers hes not the b all but he his a very good young british manager and needs support which to be fair he gets in the transfer market in full look at our pre season spending one of the top spending clubs in the premiership we have tough games every week and we are holding our own so be positive.
When Tan took over the club was in the region of £28m in debt. We are now in the region of £140m in debt. He has not actually put any money into the club, simply loaned it to them.

Promises were made some time ago that he would convert that debt into equity once he had done a deal with Sam. That deal is long since done but still no conversion of the debt. In fact, the most recent statement refers to the level of interest payments on future loans, which to me implies he is not planning on any conversion to equity any time soon.

There was a board meeting this week and a ‘big’ statement made. The statement talked about restructuring of the board and would have been a good opportunity to announce his plans re the debt. Silence though.

This is just one of many promises broken. When there was uproar about the change to red he promised to stay with blue, but then changed his mind. He promised to keep blue as an away kit, but that has not materialised. You cant even buy a blue kit in the club shop.

It was inevitable that some people would be pissed off by the rebrand, but the way he has gone about it has shown total contempt for the fans (customers). The free red scarf bribe – disaster. Publicly joking (or maybe not) on TV about changing the name of the club; threatening to walk away if people are rude to him; promising a grand statement on why he sacked Malky’s right hand man and replaced him with someone who knows fuck all about football – then totally ignoring the issues when the statement is made. These are not the actions of a talented business man, these are the actions of a petulant child that cares not for his loyal customers.

The rebrand seemed to be based on either the fact that red is considered lucky in Asia (which is odd as the Malaysian national team have recently changed to a blue away strip because they were having more luck in blue) or that teams like Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool sell lots of replica kits in Asia (someone should tell him there is a reason for that and it aint the fact that they are red).

Astute business men do not alienate their customers because of lucky colours or piss poor market research.

It is no secret that he knows nothing about football, yet he is increasingly medaling in football affairs. No matter how sound or how mad his business plans are if he fucks up the team he wont have a business to promote in Asia.

Questions are being asked in the Malaysian parliament about who authorised the Malaysian tourist board to sponsor out shirts. This guy has dodgy written all over him.

You might think the club is more stable than ever now, but I become more worried every time he opens his gob. It may well be that he will convert his loans to shares and he may well keep his nose out of the football side of things. But so far his track record does not inspire confidence and trust.

And don’t start me on his dress sense. Astute business men do not wear £45 replica football tops with their $1,000 suits – and then say to a TV camera “Do I look stupid?”

I happened to be in Manchester last week and as the news of sacking of moody was announced I was walking around the national football museum. There was a massive section dedicated to football fans. “Football has always been about the fans” it said on the wall in font size two million. I stared at it and wept.

Sad that the fans have to go to such lengths just to get Tan to stick to his promises:
Supporters' group urge Cardiff City to wear blue at all away games
Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust make appeal after board member Keith Morgan contacted Premier League to clarify rules on kits

Cardiff City have been urged to wear their traditional blue at all away games - barring a colour clash - by an official supporters group.

The Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust made the appeal after its board member Keith Morgan contacted the Premier League to clarify the rules on kits.

Mr Morgan was told that while clubs must wear their home strip when playing at home, they could wear any of their approved strips at away matches.

Accountant Mr Morgan said: “I contacted the Premier League to clarify Rule M13 and M22 concerning registered match-day kits to find out whether a club can wear any of its three registered kits.

“They have come back with a response which makes it perfectly clear there is nothing to stop that happening.”

Blue alternative kits went on sale for the first time last Saturday and the Supporters Trust says the club wearing blue would be a good way of building bridges with fans after recent upheaval and off-field controversy.

“The Trust board believes strongly that the club should wear blue shirts at all away matches in the Premier League, except if there is a clash such as games against Everton, Chelsea and West Bromwich Albion,” Mr Morgan said.

“And, of course, the majority of fans who travel away wear blue.

“Given the unnecessary off-field issues of the last couple of weeks, we hope the club management, including Vincent Tan, will look to build bridges with fans and ensure our traditional blue colour shirts are worn by the Bluebirds at the vast majority of away matches.

“The Trust, like the majority of fans, also in the future wants a return to blue at home games.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/supporters-group-urge-cardiff-city-6214798

Which 'promise' was that?

Got evidence that it was a promise?
Oh, did I dream the blue away strip being announced? No, I didn't. Here it is:

Cardiff-Citys-new-red-hom-008.jpg

Cardiff have confirmed they will now play in red rather than their traditional blue kit after the club's Malaysian owners formally unveiled a new image for the Welsh side. The switch – which also includes a new crest and takes effect immediately – comes after the club's hierarchy approved the decision at a board meeting.

The club have unveiled three new strips – a red home shirt, a blue away strip, and a third kit, which is mainly black. The new kits bear a redesigned badge, incorporating a main image of a dragon, with a small bluebird inserted underneath, and carrying the slogan "Fire and Passion".
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/jun/06/cardiff-city-red-kit-blue

The guardian used the phrased blue away kit. Hardly a club promise to play all away matches in blue.
That article isn't even this season either. Black kit.

We have two alternate kits (just like last season). One blue, one yellow.
Pressmen adding the tag away to one and not the other doesn't make either one the official away kit.

Blue became available on the 19th oct.
As promised a blue alternate is now available for this season. They haven't promised that we'll play in it though. The yellow has been our alternate of choice so far.

Blue became available on the 19th oct.
As promised a blue alternate is now available for this season. They haven't promised that we'll play in it though. The yellow has been our alternate of choice so far.
What terrible clothing related catastrophe do you think led to the blue kit being released months into the season, way after the red kit? Any ideas? No other club seems to have suffered the same problems.

When Tan took over the club was in the region of £28m in debt. We are now in the region of £140m in debt. He has not actually put any money into the club, simply loaned it to them.

Promises were made some time ago that he would convert that debt into equity once he had done a deal with Sam. That deal is long since done but still no conversion of the debt. In fact, the most recent statement refers to the level of interest payments on future loans, which to me implies he is not planning on any conversion to equity any time soon.

There was a board meeting this week and a ‘big’ statement made. The statement talked about restructuring of the board and would have been a good opportunity to announce his plans re the debt. Silence though.

This is just one of many promises broken. When there was uproar about the change to red he promised to stay with blue, but then changed his mind. He promised to keep blue as an away kit, but that has not materialised. You cant even buy a blue kit in the club shop.

It was inevitable that some people would be pissed off by the rebrand, but the way he has gone about it has shown total contempt for the fans (customers). The free red scarf bribe – disaster. Publicly joking (or maybe not) on TV about changing the name of the club; threatening to walk away if people are rude to him; promising a grand statement on why he sacked Malky’s right hand man and replaced him with someone who knows fuck all about football – then totally ignoring the issues when the statement is made. These are not the actions of a talented business man, these are the actions of a petulant child that cares not for his loyal customers.

The rebrand seemed to be based on either the fact that red is considered lucky in Asia (which is odd as the Malaysian national team have recently changed to a blue away strip because they were having more luck in blue) or that teams like Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool sell lots of replica kits in Asia (someone should tell him there is a reason for that and it aint the fact that they are red).

Astute business men do not alienate their customers because of lucky colours or piss poor market research.

It is no secret that he knows nothing about football, yet he is increasingly medaling in football affairs. No matter how sound or how mad his business plans are if he fucks up the team he wont have a business to promote in Asia.

Questions are being asked in the Malaysian parliament about who authorised the Malaysian tourist board to sponsor out shirts. This guy has dodgy written all over him.

You might think the club is more stable than ever now, but I become more worried every time he opens his gob. It may well be that he will convert his loans to shares and he may well keep his nose out of the football side of things. But so far his track record does not inspire confidence and trust.

And don’t start me on his dress sense. Astute business men do not wear £45 replica football tops with their $1,000 suits – and then say to a TV camera “Do I look stupid?”

I happened to be in Manchester last week and as the news of sacking of moody was announced I was walking around the national football museum. There was a massive section dedicated to football fans. “Football has always been about the fans” it said on the wall in font size two million. I stared at it and wept.
I can see you are proper fan and I applaud you for that mate you speak from the heart and I respect your view but i still hold we are better than any time in our entire history better players manager structure stadium so lets be positive as mao said a 1000 mile journey starts with just one step we are long way from our goal but we are going in the right direction 3 play offs and promotion fa cup finalists its a better story than when i saw them beat real madrid but lose the tie, our so called best side of yesteryear are no match for this one. Vincent Tan may not be the end of the story just a piece in the jigsaw so be patient and lets see where this journey takes us.Answer me this would you rather ten local business men struggling to find money for players languishing in the championship or worse say like portsmouth or leicester or nottingham or coventry all similar size cities or be playing man city or chelsea or man utd for those of us who have been around a while im sick of watching us play peterborough or orient or plymouth argyle et al

What terrible clothing related catastrophe do you think led to the blue kit being released months into the season, way after the red kit? Any ideas? No other club seems to have suffered the same problems.

Dunno. It's not the first or even the second time we've started a season minus a shirt. I recall two seasons where no fan could buy the home shirt for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd game of the season. Then the Joma neck size farce.

Dunno. It's not the first or even the second time we've started a season minus a shirt. I recall two seasons where no fan could buy the home shirt for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd game of the season. Then the Joma neck size farce.
Except we weren't a Premiership team then.

I've always said that hating another Welsh club is illogical when there are so many English clubs for us to hate.

I can understand his confusion... Even though I hate the jacks. Football is illogical.

The clubs themselves have never really joined in the hatred though. The clubs have helped each other out occasionally over the years. Kept it low key unlike when we helped Wrexham in their real time of need.

He's taken away our heritage, our tradition, our colours, our badge and our nickname, and now he's trying to take away age-old rivalries.

And still some sheep go along with his bullshit and try to justify his meddling. It's embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom