Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff chitter-chatter, news and more

I think there's a lot more to the story than the headline. I can't believe that Cardiff scrotes are any worse than scrotes elsewhere. I know someone who works for the charity who initially got landed with running the project with very little support, and because of that I'd love to know how much funding for maintenance and recovery the Cardiff project has compared to other UK cities.

I think there's a lot more to the story than the headline. I can't believe that Cardiff scrotes are any worse than scrotes elsewhere. I know someone who works for the charity who initially got landed with running the project with very little support, and because of that I'd love to know how much funding for maintenance and recovery the Cardiff project has compared to other UK cities.
Yes, heard they were overwhelmed too

I like these:

1636935480666.png
shield.gif

shield.gif
Charles Street

1636935522445.png

Castle

Random one but could anyone recommend a solicitor? My sister is getting a divorce from her dickhead partner.

DM plz if you know of anyone x

Why don't they push for Independence. But, not an aggressive pull from the Westminster. Allow Wales to find its feet and then add to the union. Instead of being a "burden like so many English think. An amicable split. As, this is the best time to do it.
The world does not look upon England and the US too kindly as for all their aggression ETC.
So, let Wales separate and forge itself on the world stage away from Englands past.

As there is a big world out there.

But, as everything is digital now. This should make everything easier.
Also, there is like 2 million people in Wales. It's not like they have to feed 500 million-1billion people.
Also, the Englands main industry is banking. So, don't need much for that.

Thoughts?

Why don't they push for Independence. But, not an aggressive pull from the Westminster. Allow Wales to find its feet and then add to the union. Instead of being a "burden like so many English think. An amicable split. As, this is the best time to do it.
The world does not look upon England and the US too kindly as for all their aggression ETC.
So, let Wales separate and forge itself on the world stage away from Englands past.

As there is a big world out there.

But, as everything is digital now. This should make everything easier.
Also, there is like 2 million people in Wales. It's not like they have to feed 500 million-1billion people.
Also, the Englands main industry is banking. So, don't need much for that.

Thoughts?
I can see this was posted at 3.30am so...

Anyway, if "they" means the Welsh government then it's because it's currently labour run/majority and if they pushed for independence it would mess up the main labour party and ruin their chances of running the uk. There is of course some support for independence in Welsh labour, including the first minister, but it still currently wouldn't happen.

If/when we leave there won't be a "union".
There can be no "amicable split" as is evident in the more advanced progress of Scottish independence.
Some of england's past involves Wales and were not blameless.
There are threads on Welsh independence here that may answer some of your questions

Born Guessing was barking up the wrong tree when he was calling out for McD's for this. but if they have ordered it to be reinstated fair do's to them I reckon.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been support on here fir the Save the Northern Meadows campaign. I believe Swampy is involved now too.

Hardly anyone posts on this thread these days!
Do you support it?
Do I support the need for a replacement for Velindre? Yes, of course.
Do I believe the intended construction is the best option? Probably not. Location and funding model are suspect imo.
Do I believe the northern meadows are particularly attractive and worth saving? maybe not.

However, if you look at the whole Velindre situation, alongside your most recent post about the BBC studios, and also take into consideration the lack of engagement and lies being told about the redevelopment of the velodrome at Maindy, the complete disregard for the green belt in Radyr and northwest Cardiff I think its appalling altho on the ne hand Cardiff Council continuously put out proganda about how we are in an environmental emergency and we should be protecting the environment, whilst at the same time closing recycling centres and building on green field sites the there are brownfield sites available.

Back
Top Bottom