Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Capita and army recuitment

likesfish

You can't park here sir
Another successful proof outsourcing delivers lean and efficient service.
OH wait does it fuck website 52 months late! 40% of potential recruits drop out while waiting average wait over 300days and the cunts got paid £250 million for this shambles

How hard is it just to slip a shilling into a robust farm boys tankard of ale when he’s carousing on market day at the end of harvest or have the bosun hit a few people over the head as they climb out of the rear window of a Portsmouth bawdy house?

Or have things moved on since Crapita got involved?

the above is still a better plan than crapita's

TA recruitment the paperwork used to be done by frankly odd civil servant clerical officers at Drill Halls usually successfully in a couple of weeks although the lunatic at Hastings drill hall once sent one of are keen recruits to Hereford for pre SAS selection training and they kept him :eek:.
crapita managed to recuit 52 army reserve soldiers last year! nationwide

the above is still a better plan than crapita's

TA recruitment the paperwork used to be done by frankly odd civil servant clerical officers at Drill Halls usually successfully in a couple of weeks although the lunatic at Hastings drill hall once sent one of are keen recruits to Hereford for pre SAS selection training and they kept him :eek:.
crapita managed to recuit 52 army reserve soldiers last year! nationwide

I did a week with someone and his son as part of a massively undersubscribed family activity week and he kept banging on about how I should join and they were looking for people like me. At the time I had long blond hair and looked about as unmilitary as you could get, but gave him my address to shut him up.

About a month later I got the recruitment pack for the TA SAS. I didn't even know the TA did SAS. :hmm:

capita is given £250 million to completely fuck up something and far from saving anymore its cost more and delivered nothing useful.

TA SAS is basically a care in community programme for really scary people although on adventure training they rescued some Italian climber from the death zone on K2. Which is much harder than summitting and most professional climbers will leave you to die in the death zone because you'd probably die trying to save someone.

Hear me out, guys, hear me out...

Agency-Pitch-Strategy.jpg

‘TA SAS... Care in community for really scary people’

Have there been any government IT projects which haven't A) been farmed out to a bunch of incompetent scammers like Crapita, or B) been woefully under-budgeted and given near-impossible design goals?
I bet they kept changing the specifications way into the project, rather than freezing them before development starts, this is a simple way to increase both cost and time.

I read elsewhere that the budget for the army recruitment website was £25 million. This seems a lot to me.

Its crapita for a couple of thousand recruits a year it's outrageous and they couldn't get even the basics right the MoD doesn't help it actively despises the Military:confused: and they return the loathing in equal measure.

I think the idea was the website could advertise the army carry out the initial tests check documents and sign you up for the assessment center and basic training without any human input:eek:.
Strangely that turned out to be complete and utter bollocks:mad:

I read elsewhere that the budget for the army recruitment website was £25 million. This seems a lot to me.

We had a bit of software which worked it was odd. The new one offered so much it still doesn't work. Catheter (cos they take the piss)took a system that worked and made it so much worse.
Daesh recruited more from Portsmouth than the army. Those recruits are all dead though so guess call of duty can't replace basic training just yet.

Has anyone heard of a government IT project coming in on time and under budget?
They put in much more rigid requirements for IT projects recently which are, in fact, much better, though really just "you must visibly conform to modern software development methodologies rather than take the money and provide something that doesn't work in twice the time you said".

A lot of these things will have been going on for ages, though, and the whole point of companies like Capita is to game rules. That's literally all they do - get contracts, work out the cheapest way to provide the minimum requirements they can get away with, then outsource the actual work. So it wouldn't surprise me if they find ways of fucking this up too.

Irish DIssidents commit horrendous terrorist atrocity for the 45th week by refusing to blow up crapita!
a Spokesman for the evil dissidents " Until Ireland is united and free the Brit Bastards will continue to suffer we have the Semtex to do the job but until are demands are met its staying unused".:p

My mate works in ITC Catterick, the squads coming into basic training are dwindling every intake. He told me about the Capita fuckup a while back. The latest Eye has an article as well.

Honestly don't understand why anyone would ever employ Capita to do anything.

Yet they keep getting contracts.

Government procurement system still broken I see. It really needs to take into account historical activity. If a firm bids the lowest but they have a history of running 30% over budget they should add 30% to their bid.

Honestly don't understand why anyone would ever employ Capita to do anything.

Yet they keep getting contracts.

They are pro's in the tendering, then the expectation management, business. Used to work with them, the professionalism they undertook to not delivering, and re-defining 'success' was quite phenomenal.

One case, was our server going down - naturally mistakes happen, though this was entirely due to not hiring suitably skilled staff in the role, a fundamental mis-read of the project spec, and no backup avaialable. 3 or so days work was lost throughout the organisation. What then happened was circular mailers and pats on the back at proceeding team meetings, that all recovery procedures were followed, and as "we're not here to point fingers", and we got our servers back eventually it was all deemed a huge victory.

I saw (sub sub sub DEFRA thingy), is that, especially in public services, someone (in the host org) has 'signed off' on their contract - i.e. they are up the shit if it doesn't deliver, and as such, remain a willing advocate in ensuring they are shielded from any criticism or move goalposts to ensure they sound as if they have delivered. Birds eye over-budget talks are incredibly rare and as such they 'get away with it'.

It's in no-ones interest to suggest they aren't performing.

There's also a rather squalid form of corruption involved in many government funded projects (not, your honour, that I would in any way wish to impugn Capita's honour and public - on the contrary etc...). If you award one of these companies a project you can be reasonably safe in assuming that, when the time comes for you to leave public service and seek out new horizons/challenges, you will find a well paid niche - which isn't surprising, given your experience...

No money changes hands, nothing is ever said - bit the path is laid with lit up breadcrumbs in the form of former members of your department earning 2, 3 or 4 times what you are...

There's also a rather squalid form of corruption involved in many government funded projects (not, your honour, that I would in any way wish to impugn Capita's honour and public - on the contrary etc...). If you award one of these companies a project you can be reasonably safe in assuming that, when the time comes for you to leave public service and seek out new horizons/challenges, you will find a well paid niche - which isn't surprising, given your experience...

No money changes hands, nothing is ever said - bit the path is laid with lit up breadcrumbs in the form of former members of your department earning 2, 3 or 4 times what you are...
Hah ha ha that old myth.

No one gets contracts because they green lit a project for them in the past. They do sometimes get jobs because who better to write a government tender than the person who used to appraise them. (also happens in grants applications)
For more than that they were on before? Well that ain't difficult as the civil service pays peanuts (and gets monkeys).

Hah ha ha that old myth.

No one gets contracts because they green lit a project for them in the past. They do sometimes get jobs because who better to write a government tender than the person who used to appraise them. (also happens in grants applications)
For more than that they were on before? Well that ain't difficult as the civil service pays peanuts (and gets monkeys).

He's talking about politicians, not civil servants, getting favourable board positions with companies that they helped to make money while in office.

Back
Top Bottom