Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you eat a sandwich without crisps?

Can you eat a sandwich without crisps?

• Total voters

moonsi til

worked it out now!
A lunchtime onwards sandwich to me means with crisps. I’m not afflicted by this if I have sandwich as I did for late breakfast today.

If there is no crisps then it feels sad & incomplete.

In general crisps are my biggest weakness.

I reckon I’m very much not alone.

Sure, crisps can be nice with a sandwich but I think there's probably something wrong with someone who can't eat a sandwich without crisps. :D

I think with a supermarket sandwich it's kind of a default thing to have crisps, but if I was making my own it wouldn't even occur to me.

In tesco i try to get the meat snack. Like pepperami or fridge raiders.
In co-op I get the olives or the egg as a snack
In sainsbury's I get the cake snack lemon drizzle.

Crisps make a shit sandwich better (or can be a sandwich) but a good sandwich needs no crisps

although if they did golden wonder instead of walkers I would be much more interested.

(If forced to get crisps i'll get salt n vinegar squares or chili heatwave doritos. )

I only way crisps at home because you get greasy fingers. Also I've given up supermarket sandwiches because they're grim. I really don't eat many sandwiches actually.

Reactions: tim
Do you know that if you choose a packet of crisps you can have this drink and that sandwich cheaper as a meal deal. But I don't want crisps!

I get the tesco meal deal a lot as the huge red bull is in the meal deal. The huge red bull is £1.99 and the meal deal is £3. I get a chicken caesar wrap and fridge raiders on the side. (i used to get peperami but they stopped having that in the meal deal)

I probably have a supermarket / Boots meal deal about 6 times per year. Generally it will be a packed lunch sandwich or a panini bought at work.

I can eat a sandwich without crisps but I have no idea why you’d want to.
I have fairly strict rules on what crisps too.

For cheese based sandwiches it has to be ready salted.
Tuna should be accompanied by salt and vinegar.

I don’t really have other sandwiches apart from bacon or sausage which don’t need crisps.

I quite often have a wotsit sandwich or roll.

I voted for not eating sandwiches because I generally don't...since toast is my always desired breadbased option.
Although it is true that the only sandwich I do eat is a crisp one (ready salted obvs)...because crisps on toast just fall off all the time.

I voted for not eating sandwiches because I generally don't...since toast is my always desired breadbased option.
Although it is true that the only sandwich I do eat is a crisp one (ready salted obvs)...because crisps on toast just fall off all the time.
Ready salted crisps? Are those the things you find left over at the end of a night of partying, and reluctantly eat because all the edible stuff has been devoured?

They are the only ones I like...although if I was totally ravenous, I would eat Roast Chicken or possibly heatwave Doritos...

sorry quoting forgot. why can't i edit one in? probably an obvious answer to that

They are the only ones I like...although if I was totally ravenous, I would eat Roast Chicken or possibly heatwave Doritos...

sorry quoting forgot. why can't i edit one in? probably an obvious answer to that
Those heatwave Doritos are amazing! They turn reconstituted cardboard into a meal fit for a king! :D

They turn reconstituted cardboard into a meal fit for a king!

There is the added spice of danger (of choking). Doritos (and those tough and wizened Kettle crisps) are risky for the toothless. Hunger pangs have to overcome fear of death and indignity.

There is the added spice of danger (of choking). Doritos (and those tough and wizened Kettle crisps) are risky for the toothless. Hunger pangs have to overcome fear of death and indignity.
You can dip them in your tea, which not only alleviates the possibility of choking, but also infuses the tea with spicy wonderfulness. :D

Back
Top Bottom