Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Cake

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • What kind of sicko doesn't eat all cake

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
Fruit cake is just blurggghh. Other than that I will eat almost any other cake as long as it isn't bloody dry up. Dry cake makes me so so sad.

scifisam reckons brandy sauce, off white.
View attachment 288073
Yes, I came to that realisation. Brandy sauce that people have on Christmas pudding.

Christmas pudding is a steamed pudding served hot. (I grew up having clootie dumpling but I’m aware of Xmas pudding).

Christmas cake is a heavily iced fruitcake that sits on your sideboard until it gets thrown out in February

Yes, I came to that realisation. Brandy sauce that people have on Christmas pudding.

Christmas pudding is a steamed pudding served hot. (I grew up having clootie dumpling but I’m aware of Xmas pudding).

Christmas cake is a heavily iced fruitcake that sits on your sideboard until it gets thrown out in February
Both are disgusting. Never had s clootie.

I think you’re getting Christmas cake and Christmas pudding mixed up.

Yes. Though the way most people make Christmas cake, it would need some sort of sauce to stop it being so dry it sticks to the roof of your mouth.

My ex-MIL and her sisters were pretty competitive in unhealthy ways - who has the biggest house, etc - but when it came to baked goods it meant everyone else totally won. Their various Christmas cakes were all like the ur-Christmas cake, the way it's supposed to be and almost never actually is.

Another coffee cake refuser here. Coffee-flavoured food should be outlawed.
Other than that, there’s no cake I won’t eat if I’m in the mood for cake, which is often.

Im not the worlds biggest fan of fruitcake. When I make Xmas cake I substitute as much of the dried fruit as I can with actually nice dried fruit, like apricots, cherries (not glacé - just dried cherries), pineapple etc. That helps, though isn’t cheap. But if there’s no other cake, I’ll eat a basic fruit cake. Sweet, starchy carbs are my soul food.

Sponge cakes are better frosted/sandwiched with whipped double cream, and often, fresh fruit. Cream cuts the sweetness.

Back
Top Bottom