Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bye bye Country Show (picnic on July 22nd?)

There seems to be some frantic back-pedalling going on by elected Labour members of the administration to disassociate themselves from this "officer" decision and various sources are suggesting a September rescheduling.

But do keep encouraging people to sign the petition.

SLP reporters were hovering around the Herne Hill station area for some of the afternoon interviewing people about their reaction.

SLP reporters were hovering around the Herne Hill station area for some of the afternoon interviewing people about their reaction.

I noticed somewhere (could have been Herne Hill Society or something similar) talking about how "Brockwell Park, in Herne Hill"

Twats. It's not just in Herne Hill :mad:

I noticed somewhere (could have been Herne Hill Society or something similar) talking about how "Brockwell Park, in Herne Hill"

Why didn't they go to Brixton Tube. Loads more punters there, or did they want the middle-class view of events?

I'll get excited when it's a definite, but thanks for link

Council staff close to the show, spoken to by the blog this evening, said they had heard nothing about the potential revised dates. Officers were told on Friday that the fair would not go ahead due to the Olympic Games and the lack of “police and portaloos”.

Cllr Florence Nosegbe, cabinet member for culture, gave a further hint this evening that the council was set to u-turn. She told the Blog: ” No decision has been made to date regarding holding the Country Show on another date. We could do it at another point in the year.”

True - I guess some of it probably counts as Tulse Hill, too. ;)
Agreed, seeing as the estates along one side of Tulse Hill (the road, not the place) have gates onto the park. And a couple of very handy non-gates. :cool:

What do expect them to say "Brockwell Park, in Herne Hill with bits in Tulse Hill and partly in Brixton too"?

They're trying to bury the residents of Tulse Hill. Bad apples, the lot of 'em
VP is enraged - a stiff letter of excruciatingly sarcastic politeness will be sent.

To the council, not to you Minnie, don't worry. :D

VP is enraged - a stiff letter of excruciatingly sarcastic politeness will be sent.

To the council, not to you Minnie, don't worry. :D

That's good. I'd probably have to get the dictionary out :oops:

Can you get him to post it up here so we can all be enraged together?

Surely it's in Dulwich when something *nice* has happened, Tulse Hill when it wasn't nice, and Brixton if it's gang-related.

First the cannabis march/festival, now the Country Show. Fuck Lambeth and their cooperative council bullshit.

We will have a festival anyway, we'll party all night, we'll take the park, block the roads off, weed will be legalised for the day, we'll squat the town hall and fill it with a 10k rig and 1000 people dancing, we'll have a tanker full of chucklehead transported from Somerset and parked up in the main road, Jay Rayner will be ceremoniously roasted on burning pyre in a blackcurrant sauce produced by the Suburban 75 forum, and Steve Reed be dragged through the streets to the Olympic Park where he will be locked in a room with Seb Coe for the entire duration of the Olympics.

TBF, I don't see how giving Steve Reed a fortnight of unalloyed sexual pleasure will help matters.

Back
Top Bottom