Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Burger King is disgusting. McDonalds is OK for a hamburger or cheeseburger, but a Big Mac is disgusting.

I miss Wimpy :(

This thread is a mine of information.

Did I know what a soft shell crab was until I read this? No. I did not.
Had I ever gormed the word tracklement? No. I had not
Had I ever considered that some peculiar loony hooligan might put banana, pineapple and peanut butter on a burger? No. Nay and never. Nor do I believe that anyone ever orders it, never mind the triple burger version of it for £5.35.

I think you only get them in service stations these days - I've not seen on in a town centre for many a year, so assume the name was bought by someone else.

there's still one on streatham high road. presumably elsewhere in london too, but otherwise only at service stations yeah.

Firstly, I want to bring up the new BK offering. The Angus XT Ploughman.

Angus XT Ploughman – athicker, flame-grilled 100% Aberdeen Angus beef burger, topped with melted slices of Irish cheddar and Red Leicester cheese. This succulent burger is served in a British baked, freshly toasted glazed bun, with fresh slices of onion and tomato, hand picked UK iceberg lettuce, and finished off with a swirl of sweet pickle style relish.

Branston on a burger? Wrong? I haven't had the balls to try one yet as I'm usually a Bacon Double Cheese or Whopper kinda guy, what do you lot think?

BeFunky_BK_FishFinger_Burger_Visual_LOW_RES.jpg

ignore the fish fingers, they are a distraction cleverly planted to distract you from the potential wrongness off the Branston

I had one the other day. They are pretty good actually.

Everyone loves burgers. Especially me. So this is a thread to celebrate them. Feel free to list recipe's for your own homemade versions, or discuss variations and argue about which is the best.

Firstly, I want to bring up the new BK offering. The Angus XT Ploughman.

Angus XT Ploughman – athicker, flame-grilled 100% Aberdeen Angus beef burger, topped with melted slices of Irish cheddar and Red Leicester cheese. This succulent burger is served in a British baked, freshly toasted glazed bun, with fresh slices of onion and tomato, hand picked UK iceberg lettuce, and finished off with a swirl of sweet pickle style relish.

Branston on a burger? Wrong? I haven't had the balls to try one yet as I'm usually a Bacon Double Cheese or Whopper kinda guy, what do you lot think?

BeFunky_BK_FishFinger_Burger_Visual_LOW_RES.jpg

ignore the fish fingers, they are a distraction cleverly planted to distract you from the potential wrongness off the Branston

My Burger King burger of choice is the Steakhouse XT. Secret ingredient - the deep fried onions.

bk_a1_steakhouse_xt_05.jpg

What do we think of fish-burgers? Step too far?

I was vegetarian for a long time and Fish McFillets were my staple McD's burger. Damn nice they were too. Not sure they'd still be as nice now that I eat proper meats but I have fond memories of them :)

My Burger King burger of choice is the Steakhouse XT. Secret ingredient - the deep fried onions.

bk_a1_steakhouse_xt_05.jpg

I had one of them. The crispy onions were more soft and a bit soggy onions than crispy which made it a bit of a failburger I must say. Could be nice if done properly I suppose.

The Darren Burger:

banner.jpg

Despite the excellent name, what say ye on NUTTY OR BROWN BREAD in a burger? Wrong as feckin horses that. Not to mention the pineapple. I tried that once and it was a bit like riding a bike through the sea. Stupid and instantly regretful.

I had a fillet-o-fish the other day for the first time in about twenty years...it had HALF A SLICE OF CHEESE on it! :confused: :mad:

Due to this thread, I actually looked on the McD's website yesterday :oops: :D only to discover that that is how they're supposed to be...

20081210-filetofish-sandwich.jpg

...WTF...CRAZY OLD WORLD!!! :eek: :confused: :(

(My son reckoned that it was just that no one else had bought one for twenty years either....and that the cheese had just slowly disintegrated while it had been sitting there waiting to be bought :hmm: )

The Darren Burger:

banner.jpg

Despite the excellent name, what say ye on NUTTY OR BROWN BREAD in a burger? Wrong as feckin horses that. Not to mention the pineapple. I tried that once and it was a bit like riding a bike through the sea. Stupid and instantly regretful.
:D :D :D

I think you only get them in service stations these days - I've not seen on in a town centre for many a year, so assume the name was bought by someone else.

There's a big one in Woolwich. I think there's one near Kings Cross too, though I'm not sure. Maybe people don't notice them unless they're looking for them.

I had a fillet-o-fish the other day for the first time in about twenty years...it had HALF A SLICE OF CHEESE on it! :confused: :mad:

Due to this thread, I actually looked on the McD's website yesterday :oops: :D only to discover that that is how they're supposed to be...

20081210-filetofish-sandwich.jpg

...WTF...CRAZY OLD WORLD!!! :eek: :confused: :(

(My son reckoned that it was just that no one else had bought one for twenty years either....and that the cheese had just slowly disintegrated while it had been sitting there waiting to be bought :hmm: )

They've actually always had cheese on. It is you who has changed my friend.

I will soon be in americee..

the burgers i will eat there will pwn all the puny UK burgers i have ever eaten.

let me put it this way there is a place near where I am staying that has been on man vs food...
the food we had there was mostly rubbish, but soon as we crossed the border back into Canada, had one of the nicest burgers ever. Wasn't big, but was delicious...

tall tales.jpg

Please bidders :)
I couldn't find many...

This is one of my burgers - could've done with more melty cheese, and a better bun.
my burger.jpg

Meatwagon burger - they do new fangled steaming business when they cook it.
meatwagon.jpg

Honest burger - they are pricey, but I quite like em - good bun that doesn't disintegrate, and their chips are lush.
honest.jpg

This was one of jolivers places up north, only place we could find open, was a horrible tasteless burger, the fella only had a couple of bites of his.
jamie - brum.jpg

Take out the big bit of lettuce and this is the best burger I've had yet... not sure I can pin my finger on why, the bun is not too sweet brioche I think, the meat is really good quality and they don't skimp on the bacon and cheese, but don't overdo it either... top of my list so far
blas.jpg

(I like food and taking photos of it :oops: :D)

Back
Top Bottom