Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Very tasty burger from today's bbq. Garnished with tomato,iceberg lettuce,thinly sliced onion rings, yellow pepper (chargrilled on bbq), ketchup, mustard, and processed cheese, on a toasted and buttered sesame bun - the burger itself was quite small but very juicy, and the bundy held the whole thing together with no fear of disintegration. It was yum :cool:

IMG-20130623-00374.jpg

Those sausages look ace Cheesy! Haven't had a good sausage in a while actually.....might have to visit the bloke at the market soon.

Excellent burger set up there as well. Bit of a curveball with the yellow peppers but I'm feeling it :cool:

Those sausages look ace Cheesy! Haven't had a good sausage in a while actually.....might have to visit the bloke at the market soon.

Excellent burger set up there as well. Bit of a curveball with the yellow peppers but I'm feeling it :cool:

Cheers yets!!:D I had a delicious sausage on bundy breakfast this morning with one of the Irish sausages (not pictured). Will finish the rest tonight.

The barbequed pepper was really good, and added a subtle, slow-roasted kind of sweetness which i think worked . it complimented (but didnt take from) the starring attraction which was the burger itself. Adding very thinly sliced raw onion was also good and the processed cheese was bland but right. The mistake i made was not placing the cheese directly onto the meat (or ideally, making a cheese sauce American-stylee), for that layer of melty gooeyness. A few gherkins woulda also helped :)

I think it's time we talked condiments. At the moment I'm hooked on M&S's Mango chilli chutney and Levi Roots Reggae Reggae sauce. The RR sauce surprised me more than I imagined, it's actually fucking delicious! My expectations were somewhat muted, thinking it just another BBQ/brown sauce wanna be, but no! It's spicy, fruity, tangy and so bloody moreish. Mingles with burgers and fried onions perfectly, so much so that I've gone though half a bottle in about 3 days, it's going on everything I can imagine.

I think it's time we talked condiments. At the moment I'm hooked on M&S's Mango chilli chutney and Levi Roots Reggae Reggae sauce. The RR sauce surprised me more than I imagined, it's actually fucking delicious! My expectations were somewhat muted, thinking it just another BBQ/brown sauce wanna be, but no! It's spicy, fruity, tangy and so bloody moreish. Mingles with burgers and fried onions perfectly, so much so that I've gone though half a bottle in about 3 days, it's going on everything I can imagine.

RR Sauce is ace isnt it :) Better with chicken though imo.

RR Sauce is ace isnt it :) Better with chicken though imo.

Aye, agreed there, it's certainly nicer with chicken but on a burger, especially one with lots of toppings that jostle for your taste buds attention, it really has the strength to punch through and make itself tasted. Too often I find condiments get lost to pickles, peppers, onions and cheeses (I'm looking at you sweet chilli dipping sauce). Heinz brought out a chilli BBQ sauce recently that can't stand up to a strong tasting burger, the other 2 in the range (the sweet one and the smokey one) are so much nicer and make a lovely change to the ubiquitous tomato ketchup or mustard.

Had another of yesterday's barbequed burgers for lunch today, with some leftover sausages.

regarding sauces, aint tried the Heinz new range but very keen. Has anyone tried the Helmans 'hint of garlic' mayonaiise?

the-beast-sun.jpg

I just found this http://www.burgersatblacks.co.uk/the-beast-2

The Burger:
7lb Prime Black Angus Beef
Half lb Mature Cheddar
7 Rashes Streaky Smoky Bacon
1 Whole Lettuce
7 Whole Tomatoes
1lb Chunky Chips

with 1 Full size Milkshake – 2 Scoops of 100% Dairy Ice Cream

eat it all in an hour and its free - or you can do a cheats version and share it between 4 people. Ive not been to this restaurant but I think im going to have to now :D

Spend alittle more, buy real aioli. Gorgeous stuff.

or make it myself!!! i am, to borrow a poncey phrase:oops::) anithetical to such things! and a big fan of some sauces that i cannot improve on (such as Heinz tomato ketchup - dont ever go there guys, it cannot be beaten !!).

or make it myself!!! i am, to borrow a poncey phrase:oops::) anithetical to such things! and a big fan of some sauces that i cannot improve on (such as Heinz tomato ketchup - dont ever go there guys, it cannot be beaten !!).

Aye, you can't really beat Heinz when it comes to tomato sauce, you can tell the difference no matter how much people try to tell you that Lidl's own value or whatever tastes exactly the same. No it doesn't, if it did they wouldn't be charging half the price that Heinz do, nor would Heinz still be the market leader.

I'm still searching for that one, elusive sauce that I could never be without on my burger. Ketchup is close but it can still find itself getting lost in the myriad of other burger flavours. BBQ sauce is good but I've not found a single one that has enough punch for my liking and I loathe to make my own from scratch again. Suggestions? Anyone who mentions Jack Daniels sauces should be shot.

I'm still searching for that one, elusive sauce that I could never be without on my burger.

Surely different burgers need different sauces nay? The standard cheeseburger with salad is always ketchup and mayo (separate, never together), it's when you deviate from the mean that more exotic sauces come into play :cool:

i don't think i'd ever have mayo on a (beef) burger. what a revolting thought.

What? Have you never had a whopper?!* It goes with the salad! You also need ketchup on the other side to counter it but it works. Trust.

*A BK one that is. What ever you get up to in the bogs of your local Rainbow flag adorned haunt is your business ;) ;)

I think its essential to have English mustard on a burger as well as ketchup (separately of course)

i guess a hybrid sauce that combined the two, would be the killer - but it just dont cut it

even when i visit really decent burger joints that offer 'delicious red onion marmelade' that seems to include mustard, or 'homemade burger relish' i would prefer a jar of Colemans mustard and Heinz tomato ketchup:(

Barbecue this afternoon after the F1.

1/2lb burgers with cheese (cheddar and/or american plastic), lettuce, rocket, mushrooms and crispy onions. Accompanied by garlic & coriander pittas stuffed with garlic & peri-peri marinated chicken breasts.

Washed down with Brothers 7% festival pear cider and perhaps a Henry Weston's cider. Today could be a good day :D

I hear what your saying - and I'm a big fan of Heinz tomato ketchup - however, this one - is a damn fine sauce - not as sweet as Heinz - and I NEVER thought I'd say that, what with having a sweet tooth 'n all - but an excellent sauce never the less

0000610_stokes-tomato-ketchup_450.jpg

I hear what your saying - and I'm a big fan of Heinz tomato ketchup - however, this one - is a damn fine sauce - not as sweet as Heinz - and I NEVER thought I'd say that, what with having a sweet tooth 'n all - but an excellent sauce never the less

0000610_stokes-tomato-ketchup_450.jpg

Their brown sauce is even nicer. Tiptree do nice ketchup/brown sauce too, the tomato ketchup is almost like a puree, easier gotten at with a knife.

cq5dam.web.616.462.jpeg

Burger bar :cool:

Bowl of salad, few more sauces, variety of cheeses......that'd be heaven :)

Looks very European, maybe German? Too much mushroom going on there - and Swiss cheese on the burgers is kinda wrong, when there are far superior cheeses that are cheaper

Back
Top Bottom