Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

dVGZnHz.jpg

I have one on loan until I CBA to pull my finger out and buy one!

Result. I miss the days of my deep fat fryer, had one as student and produced many a drunken banquet for pennies when others would spend a fortune on the takeaway. :cool:

I was 4" narrower then though, so probably not a good idea for me to get one now. :oops:

Result. I miss the days of my deep fat fryer, had one as student and produced many a drunken banquet for pennies when others would spend a fortune on the takeaway. :cool:

I was 4" narrower then though, so probably not a good idea for me to get one now. :oops:

I Think a trip to Iceland for some cheap deep fried comfort food maybe in order :D

I Think a trip to Iceland for some cheap deep fried comfort food maybe in order :D

Them, Lidl or Aldi can be great. Things I used to love:

Fry only chips - I actually worked out these were cheaper then buying spuds
Cheap Frozen Sausages - Normally totally ming under the grill, fall apart in a frying pan unless you're very careful. They taste just like the ones from the chip shop when deep fried. Which probably tells you something.
Chicken Nuggets - Wrong, but again so right.
Fishfingers - Even this humble staple take on new light when bathed in boiling hot oil
Lorn/Slice - Cheap as chips in big frozen packs and makes a great topping to a burger/bit of variety on the fried breakfast.
Hash Browns - Goes with out saying

Chips actually taste better after you've fried a few loads of cheap meat in there. All the hippies in my house used to ignore this fact as they tucked in. Ask me no questions and I shall tell you no lies.

Back to the theme of the thread I never fry burgers. Despite my Scottish mates protestations about this, even I have some standards.

I had rump and bone marrow burgers from Moens the other night. Fucking lovely! (But massive!)

I have 3 more in the fridge!!

I had rump and bone marrow burgers from Moens the other night. Fucking lovely! (But massive!)

I have 3 more in the fridge!!

I am going to have burger again tonight because it's quick, easy and delicious. Bone marrow burgers you say, that sounds delicious.

Was the second run better than the first, and did you eat the whole thing? :hmm:

My burger craving was completely satisfied on Monday, posters will be relived to hear :cool: :D

I didn't drop any getting them out the pan this time.. And I ate it all this time. Monday was too late to eat for me! ;)

Look at the uniformity of the grill lines on the underside of the bun. The deliberate lack of care at trimming the lettuce leaves, giving the impression that this is a burger who just falls into perfection without too much effort. Observe the just-right meltage of the cheese atop the patty and the careful decision to avoid including chips, which would take away much-deserved attention from the burger by impurists and the easily distracted.

This is a prime example of the craftsmanship of a true master at work and we, for this, salute you :cool:

Look at the uniformity of the grill lines on the underside of the bun. The deliberate lack of care at trimming the lettuce leaves, giving the impression that this is a burger who just falls into perfection without too much effort. Observe the just-right meltage of the cheese atop the patty and the careful decision to avoid including chips, which would take away much-deserved attention from the burger by impurists and the easily distracted.

This is a prime example of the craftsmanship of a true master at work and we, for this, salute you :cool:

Oh god, don't give him a bigger head ) :D

The whey protein shake??????

:(

I think a weekly gourmet burger is needed in my life, may go for chicken next week.

Back
Top Bottom