Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Crab burgers?

I am not sure about this :hmm:

aka fishcakes

I had a burger last night in a Fayre & Square pub. It was a gamble, but it paid off and I was rewarded with a good juicy (square) burger, with a decent amount of cheese, special sauce*, good bun - which was also square.
It came with onion rings (mediocre) and chips (excellent.

*the phrase 'special sauce' always makes me giggle. I am 42 ffs :facepalm: will I ever grow out of it?

In Donegal for the weekend out in the fresh air, really built up an appetite!

We had burgers on Sunday after a big swim. They were shop bought (and not even posh), but pretty good
and I had mine with fried onions, smoked cheddar, a slice of beef tomato, rocket, Heinz tomato ketchup, Djonaisse,and Dairygold butter on a toasted bundy - it was lush:cool:

Excellent standard there Miss poof :cool: butter is a cheeky one, but as you've avoided the bacon I'll let you off ;)

Crab burgers?

I am not sure about this :hmm:

I am definitely not sure about this. Never tried crab. Tried lobster, didn't like so doubt I'd like crab. It's a big bloody sea insect anyway is what it is.

Yetman said:
Excellent standard there Miss poof :cool: butter is a cheeky one, but as you've avoided the bacon I'll let you off ;)

I am definitely not sure about this. Never tried crab. Tried lobster, didn't like so doubt I'd like crab. It's a big bloody sea insect anyway is what it is.

Sea insect :D

Argh no! Horrible! Kill it!
bug-eyes-003.JPG

YUM!! Tasty and delicious looking! Eat it!

close-up-of-edible-crab.jpg

Shall be having some locally grown tomatoes on my burgers tonight, coupled with a lovely stilton cheese sauce and fried shallots. Nom. :cool:

*really wants a burger*

Where in Brixton/Clapham does the nicest burgers? :hmm: Might end up at The Doghouse later but I think they stop serving at 9 :mad:

burger for lunch

M&S was doing a discount on their steak burgers.

gave them a touch of salt and peper and grilled them to crispy. sprinkled with soy sauce and transferred to the oven to cook through

i had olive chibata with extra olives motzerella watercress and crispy bacon. i think it needed a small bit of some sauce to add moisture.

my freind had plain chibata and bacon as he hates cheese and olives.

People exist who hate cheese? Does not compute. :facepalm:

My little brother reckons he hates bacon. TIL I SAW HIM IN THE CAFF WITH HIS MATE WITH A FRY UP WITH 3 BACONS ON IT!! The little prick. Trying to be all cool and out there not liking bacon. As if...

sprinkled with soy sauce .

Do you have to Japanify everything!?! :D

beauty's got fuckall to do with tasty meat. Otherwise we'd all be eating clownfish and chips instead of cod, or roast kittens for sunday lunch.

Have you tried cricket paste spread on toast with cracked black pepper and a red onion marmalade? Have you?

Lots of people in Asia eat kittens. And dogs. Shippy's probably had them both. In a burger. Though not at the same time, that's just wrong.

Unrelatedly, tonight, I am going to go out into my front garden, pick up a pile of shit, and throw it all over the car of the people who own the cat who did it. I wouldnt mind if it was a one off but this cat is deliberately shitting in my garden because it knows I hate it. It might have been the same cat who killed the other cat and left it on my path a while ago to frame me after I was loudly exclaiming about how 'I'm going to kill that fucking cat' only the day before, in my front garden and in earshot of the neighbours. I've had enough. AND I'm MAD AS HELL. AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE any more any more...

But yeah, anyway, burgers :)

The sun is shining, and looks set to keep shining for the rest of the day so we'll be having bbq'd burgers tonight :cool:
I've just taken some steak burgers with jalapeno peppers out of the freezer, will update with a review later.

*really wants a burger*

Where in Brixton/Clapham does the nicest burgers? :hmm: Might end up at The Doghouse later but I think they stop serving at 9 :mad:

Honest Burgers is best burger in Brixton without a doubt. I have trudged and troged (is there a word??) and the Ginger Pig delivers, straight from Yorkshire. The burger is very small however the rosemary triple cooked chips make it worthwhile.

personally I cannot have better than a plain quarter pounder of good minced beefburger, in a plain bun with a single slice of cheese and a small dollop of tomatoe sauce. Keep your fancy added bacon, onion rings, bellcheese and the like. I keep my burger honest

Local Surf and turf burger just eaten by Mr BK.

Argentinian beef patty cooked over coals.
Lobster tail on top
In sesame bun with usual squirty stuff.
Side of either mac and cheese, sweet potato fries or regular fries included.

Extras: sweet cure Canadian bacon, local shimp in jerk mayo, fried plantain.

Bit touristy tbh.

DSCF7662.JPG

Last night's jalapeno burger - served with a little iceberg lettuce under the burger and cheese and tomato sauce on top.
Good burger overall, but the bun let it down a little. With hindsight I should have given the bun a quick toasting on the BBQ first.

Honest Burgers is best burger in Brixton without a doubt. I have trudged and troged (is there a word??) and the Ginger Pig delivers, straight from Yorkshire. The burger is very small however the rosemary triple cooked chips make it worthwhile.

I still have not had my burger craving fulfilled. :(

Local Surf and turf burger just eaten by Mr BK.

Argentinian beef patty cooked over coals.
Lobster tail on top
In sesame bun with usual squirty stuff.
Side of either mac and cheese, sweet potato fries or regular fries included.

Extras: sweet cure Canadian bacon, local shimp in jerk mayo, fried plantain.

Bit touristy tbh.

Are you still overseas?:)that burger sounds like my kind of burger, lobster tail?! :cool:

I still have not had my burger craving fulfilled. :(

I once went to Honest Burgers on a Monday night, and didn't have to queue!! It was worth sitting in their outside bit with a blanket and a hot cider - you wont be needin it at the moment! Bukoskis in the Village is also great :)

Back
Top Bottom