Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

I've never tried one either but I'm 100% open to try any sort of burger! Might have a go at making some myself, actually. All this red meat can't be good for me... :D

Callum91 said:
I've never tried one either but I'm 100% open to try any sort of burger! Might have a go at making some myself, actually. All this red meat can't be good for me... :D

The burger posse has a project for this week it seems :cool:

Callum91 said:
We need badges, capes, slogans, membership cards. And a clubhouse that has a big frying griddle smack bang in the middle where we can practice our dark arts.

And a SECRET knock :mad:

Double cheese attack there! Like it. What sauce did you go for?

Controversial - I didn't. The molten brie (plus a deliberately slightly underdone burger) gives a really nice moistness to it, and the burger has sage mixed in with the cheese so there's already a heady mix of tastes and textures. Sauce would be overkill.

Anyone tried using those Dairylea cheese triangles with a burger? I've ran out of all other kinds and I'll be skint for a few days so it's all I've got. Must be worth a punt, right? Just not sure of the best way to utilise them, should I spread them onto the buns or let them ''melt'' on the burger whilst it's cooking? Prole food, not soul food :cool:

Callum91 said:
Anyone tried using those Dairylea cheese triangles with a burger? I've ran out of all other kinds and I'll be skint for a few days so it's all I've got. Must be worth a punt, right? Just not sure of the best way to utilise them, should I spread them onto the buns or let them ''melt'' on the burger whilst it's cooking? Prole food, not soul food :cool:

I have. Put it in the middle of the burger and cooked :cool: got pretty hot mind.

My plan to go to BK at the services failed :( I arrived there earlier than expected and saw that the restaurant was still serving breakfast, and I simply could not resist the allure of the classic motorway services full English. Burger fail :( but I had the full works FEB with an extra egg and fried slice, so it wasn't a complete failure as far as I was concerned :)

Actually, there may be a gap in the market for a FEB burger, done properly (not a McD style effort)

Bun, burger, bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomato, black pudding... Maybe do the bun like a fried slice. Hmmm...

twentythreedom said:
Actually, there may be a gap in the market for a FEB burger, done properly (not a McD style effort)

Bun, burger, bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomato, black pudding... Maybe do the bun like a fried slice. Hmmm...

I have tried a few variations of this. Never sure about egg in the burger though :hmm:

Best one was with a big portobello mushroom fried flat, greasy cheese and a thick slice of beef tomato ad I recall.

My issue with eggs on burgers is how to deal with all the liquid they produce. Burger buns seem to turn into a soggy mess about 50% of the time for me as it is, adding an egg to that mix would probably push it up to 100%. Apparently a thin layer of mayonnaise spread on the buns helps to keep the bread dry but I'm really not a fan of the evil white shite. Dairylea cheese might work too since it's pretty much all fat.

MEAT REPORT:
At the weekend I ate a load of unusual BBQ'd meats..
  • Alpaca Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Bison Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Springbok Sausages (6 in a 360g Pack)
  • Crocodile Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Elk (Moose) Sausages (6 in a 360g Pack)
  • Horse Red Wine & Mustard Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Ibérico Sausages (6 in a 360g Pack)
  • Kangaroo Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Llama Diced Steak (350g Pack)
  • Rosé Veal Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Zebra South African Curry Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack
There was a mixed reaction to most of them. But everyone agreed that Llama steak is far to tough. Crocodile burgers look a horrible, but taste OK. And kangaroo is filth.
No one refused anything. But one guy was in trouble with his Mrs for eating alpaca, as she had recently been to a petting zoo thing, and had really liked them. (but not in a bap with sauce and cheese.)

Arent kangaroos more like giant rats than anything else? Might explain the difference and revulsion toward them...

I hear horse tastes exactly like beef :hmm:. I've had 'Roo before, the smell was enough to put me off before I'd even had a chance to take a bite (I did eventually, not bad per say just...not good either). Continuing on my voyage of alternative burger roll discovery, tonight I shall be using some simple ''English'' muffins to cradle beef, condiment and toppings. I'm hoping their heavier, doughier texture will avert the dreaded ''soggy bottom syndrome'' and stand up long enough for me to take my time eating the damn thing, I'm fed up of having to wolf them down due to catastrophic imminent burger implosion.

MEAT REPORT:
At the weekend I ate a load of unusual BBQ'd meats..
  • Alpaca Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Bison Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Springbok Sausages (6 in a 360g Pack)
  • Crocodile Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Elk (Moose) Sausages (6 in a 360g Pack)
  • Horse Red Wine & Mustard Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Ibérico Sausages (6 in a 360g Pack)
  • Kangaroo Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Llama Diced Steak (350g Pack)
  • Rosé Veal Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Zebra South African Curry Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack
)

Lovin yer work, it must be a first!:cool: , but would you mind going into more detail pls with a brief description of each one (what it tasted like, how you dressed them etc), and which ones stood out?

I am certainly curious as to what the Zebra South African Curry burger looked like - and tasted:eek: (apart from curry, maybe they should have left natural...:hmm:)

thanks

New BK vouchers are out :)

I've got a long motorway journey tonight and I'm already pretty hungry. I've tried to use the vouchers at the services before and I've been told to fuck off. BK before we leave then :cool:

Lovin yer work, it must be a first!:cool: , but would you mind going into more detail pls with a brief description of each one (what it tasted like, how you dressed them etc), and which ones stood out?

I am certainly curious as to what the Zebra South African Curry burger looked like - and tasted:eek: (apart from curry, maybe they should have left natural...:hmm:)

thanks

Hmm.. Well..
I'd love too, but we also drank a lot of belgian larger. And then later that night took a silly amount of strong drugs, which went on well into the next afternoon..
So, I can't really provide any detail.
I can tell you my house smells bad now..

This is my trick if I have time. Ask for the burger without something and it's always so much better.
Not the pickle though, too risky. They never used to do this, but I've seen the production caller whip pickles off stuff in the bin nowadays and hand it out in response to grill orders.

It's a damn site harder to scrape ketchup from the bun, and you can stick it on again using the ketchup dispensers ;)

Not the pickle though, too risky. They never used to do this, but I've seen the production caller whip pickles off stuff in the bin nowadays and hand it out in response to grill orders.

It's a damn site harder to scrape ketchup from the bun, and you can stick it on again using the ketchup dispensers ;)

I don't like ketchup on burgers so it works nicely for me anyhow. :cool:

Have you tried Lucky Chip in Netil market? That's a burger van that does one of the best burgers in London! However it is a bit pricey and does fall into the 'queue of about 20+ people' Callum91 describes.
Lucky Chip does rock, never had a duff burger from the Netil Market stall, but had one at the sebright the other week before a gig and it was shite :( Semi cold & greasy

Global Stoner said:
I don't like ketchup on burgers so it works nicely for me anyhow. :cool:

Me neither. Mayo, mustard, mustard mayo, relish but I'm not a fan of ketchup over all.
I will eat it but don't choose it.

avohzb.jpg

Last nights muffin burgers. Fucking lush as always but I think I'll skip the beetroot next time, I didn't like how much they stained everything.

Also, I wish the photo was the right fucking way around! :mad:

Whoa there pickleboy! They're a bit fat aint they?! Maybe cos I don't like pickles but still, at that width they'd surely be a tad overpowering no?

Feeling the muffins though....this could be a new revolution. Might try them some time this week :)

Excellent arrangement skills there btw :cool:

Whoa there pickleboy! They're a bit fat aint they?! Maybe cos I don't like pickles but still, at that width they'd surely be a tad overpowering no?

Feeling the muffins though....this could be a new revolution. Might try them some time this week :)

Excellent arrangement skills there btw :cool:

The camera adds 10lbs to the burger ;):D, it was tall but not silly chef style tall, if you get my drift. The red piquante peppers are a favourite of mine, it says hot on the jar but to be honest they're just really sweet. I adore pickled cucumbers, if anything I'd add more slices the next time! 4 per burger is the only way to go, I reckon. Aye, I actually took my time this time putting it together, the last few attempts have been somewhat slapdash. Muffins make a good alternative but watch out for slippage with your toppings, the chewy factor of the bread wasn't something I'd counted on and I almost ended up with a burger on my laptop.

Back
Top Bottom