Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Callum91 said:
Ironically I was checked for diabetes a few weeks ago. Nothing yet so I've got the all clear to carry on with the ludicrous burger toppings :hmm:, that's what the doctors told me, honest...

Also, reckon a hot cross bun would be nice with a burger? Maybe a venison burger with a sweet relish on a fancy hot cross bun.

Ooooh yes! I'd definitely give it a go

Cheesypoof said:
lovin yer work, Im getting to thinkin: processed cheese on burgers is the way to go!!:)

It definitely is. Or blue cheese.
Cheddars and such, even really mature ones, the flavours just don't come through enough on burgers for me.

20130524_214120.jpg

20130524_214132.jpg

I personally find that Iceland accoutrement burger snacks are not to be sniffed at!!!:oops: For instance, their curly fries (beautifully seasoned anyway) when trussed up with some olive oil, garlic, cheddar, and Heinz tomato ketchup/ mayo are shockingly good!!!:cool:

on a very controversial note - having worked before in McDonalds AND Burger King - that if you order the burger FRESH and specify that, you WILL get a decent newly made MaccyDs or BK with whatever preferences (if you have me on the till anyway ;)). Well to be honest, if people were drunk or couldn't afford it, I used to give them out FREE!!:eek::D

Don't tell like :oops:

This is my trick if I have time. Ask for the burger without something and it's always so much better.

burger in the sun in The Sun :cool:

Needed more chips but the burger itself was meaty and good. The bun was toasted but i still ended up with the incorrect bun:burger ratio.

Their gherkins didnt quite fit flavourwise with the rest of the standard condiments included within or the additional burger flavours.

But yunno if you find yourself hungry in Carshalton after walking from Croydon do pop in :)

Attachments

• IMAG1777.jpg
    IMAG1777.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 17
Seeded buns eh? Generally I stay clear of seeded breads 'cos they just feel like a massive gimmick (unless the seeds are inside the bread itself) but I've noticed loads of posh burger places prefer to use them over the plain bun/wholemeal bun.

Seeded buns eh? Generally I stay clear of seeded breads 'cos they just feel like a massive gimmick (unless the seeds are inside the bread itself) but I've noticed loads of posh burger places prefer to use them over the plain bun/wholemeal bun.

My preference is a soft floured bap around 4-5" in diameter. Seeded buns generally annoy me but does not put me off. Often the softest buns in a shop are seeded :hmm:

My preference is a soft floured bap around 4-5" in diameter. Seeded buns generally annoy me but does not put me off. Often the softest buns in a shop are seeded :hmm:

I smell a massive conspiracy. Personally I'd go for a smaller bun if possible, just big enough for the burger meat itself. Bigger buns lead to meat/topping slippage.

My Mam has just requested a brown wholemeal bun for when I make homemade burgers !!!:rolleyes:

However, she has told me her recipe for the homemade patties :cool:

9urr7r.jpg

Never even knew Warburtons sold these. Courtesy of my local Costcutter (£1.27 for 6) as was the sliced white Tiger bread. Made myself some habanaro chilli burgers to go with them.

IMAG0100.jpg

The previously mentioned brie burger, cheddar slices, bbq fried mushrooms, bbq fried bacon, crispy onions. OOOOOOOoooooooooooooooh yes.

But yunno if you find yourself hungry in Carshalton after walking from Croydon do pop in :)

Well constructed but yeah, the burger bun ratio makes it look a bit, I dunno, odd.

The previously mentioned brie burger, cheddar slices, bbq fried mushrooms, bbq fried bacon, crispy onions. OOOOOOOoooooooooooooooh yes.

Double cheese attack there! Like it. What sauce did you go for?

I had an ace BBQ burger at a pub in Welshpool on Sunday. It was a standard homemade pattie, American cheese, soft fried onions affair.....but when I got to the condiment table they had EVERYTHING. I nearly couldnt decide and was going to just put a little bit of everything on it but after realising that was a crazy idea I went with burger sauce on the bottom, then some Lea & Perrins ketchup on top. Simple but effective.

Where do people stand regards Falafel burgers? They are my favourite vegetarian burger, first tried at Glastonbury Festival some years back. No other vegetarian burger has come close since.

I think I would have it topped with grilled halloumi, , maybe hummus, some salad and mayo. Possibly with a spicy relish too :hmm: this would lend itself to a much softer bun too I reckon.

Where do people stand regards Falafel burgers? They are my favourite vegetarian burger, first tried at Glastonbury Festival some years back. No other vegetarian burger has come close since.

I think I would have it topped with grilled halloumi, , maybe hummus, some salad and mayo. Possibly with a spicy relish too :hmm: this would lend itself to a much softer bun too I reckon.

Never tried one. I'm partial to the odd spicy beanburger with mint and yoghurt dressing, salad and hot sauce. With red onions and tomato and roasted peppers. I don't actually think I've ever even tried a falafal :hmm: they look a bit dry and tasteless

Yetman said:
Never tried one. I'm partial to the odd spicy beanburger with mint and yoghurt dressing, salad and hot sauce. With red onions and tomato and roasted peppers. I don't actually think I've ever even tried a falafal :hmm: they look a bit dry and tasteless

Give them a go. I was very pleasantly surprised. Do need some sauce and salad ideally but I found them better than a beanburger myself.

Back
Top Bottom