Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

It was stupidly tasty, illegally tasty. I fear I may do it again and add cherry jam. Someone please stop me :D

I can imagine your housemate/partner walking in the kitchen at 3am and finding you red-eyed and guilty looking with a peanut butter and marshmallow jam burger between two donuts covered in whipped cream and crushed doritos in your hand :D

I can imagine your housemate/partner walking in the kitchen at 3am and finding you red-eyed and guilty looking with a peanut butter and marshmallow jam burger between two donuts covered in whipped cream and crushed doritos in your hand :D
Something similar usually does happen most nights. I want a cream filled burger between two cheese filled donuts. And the finest wines available to humanity.

haha, im more of a savory one myself. To keep my burgers sweet, i like fried onions/ ketchup/ processed cheese/ sweet chilli sauce kinda caboodle but cannae do the whole Elvis ting :D

Ironically I was checked for diabetes a few weeks ago. Nothing yet so I've got the all clear to carry on with the ludicrous burger toppings :hmm:, that's what the doctors told me, honest...

Also, reckon a hot cross bun would be nice with a burger? Maybe a venison burger with a sweet relish on a fancy hot cross bun.

It's getting tried anyway. In the interest of science and potential human advancement. This could be how I make my millions.

Jus thinkin there - it might work. I mean my Cinncinatti beef chilli has spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and dark chocolate in the sauce. The oregano balances out the sweetness and oyster crackers on top!!:oops:

Jus thinkin there - it might work. I mean my Cinncinatti beef chilli has spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and dark chocolate in the sauce. The oregano balances out the sweetness and oyster crackers on top!!:oops:
Aye that's what I was thinking, sweet/fat/spice all in the one bite. Fruit and meat usually go well together and besides, hot cross buns are never really that spiced (unless I'm just buying shit ones) so it shouldn't interfere with the burger too much. Potential condiments and toppings for a hot cross burger still elude me, however, as I feel my usual assortment of pickled vegetables won't cut it, gonna have to go fresh I think. I'll get high, do some blue sky out-of-my-box thinking and come back to the table with fresh ideas! :D

I am pleased to announce that I'll be making hamburgers for de crew dem here next week :cool:

Nice one :cool: We want a pre-burger briefing, mid-munch updates and ongoing commentary rounded up with a post-burger summary and interviews with the fans :cool:

In other news.....$100,000 for a burger. Not to buy it, but as a reward for making it! Still, sounds like she deserved it :)

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/what-does-a--100-000-burger-taste-like--162156651.html

f86baf09-c860-4fd0-a1ea-f4eaf0f1d746_Screen-Shot-2013-05-22-at-5-04-08-PM.png

Looks a bit funky to me :hmm:

Nice one :cool: We want a pre-burger briefing, mid-munch updates and ongoing commentary rounded up with a post-burger summary and interviews with the fans :cool:

In other news.....$100,000 for a burger. Not to buy it, but as a reward for making it! Still, sounds like she deserved it :)

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/what-does-a--100-000-burger-taste-like--162156651.html

f86baf09-c860-4fd0-a1ea-f4eaf0f1d746_Screen-Shot-2013-05-22-at-5-04-08-PM.png

Looks a bit funky to me :hmm:
I'll set up a live video feed.

$100,000?! Christ alive, a tenner is pushing it imo!

View attachment 32913
burgers for tomorrows BBQ

That's a veritable zoo of burgers you have there my man! Excellent work!

You should provide samples of each on various plates and get people to guess the animal. Find a bit of roadkill or even better, a lost child and mince that up and stick it in as a booby burger. Whoever guesses correctly on that one you know to keep an eye on ;)

That's a veritable zoo of burgers you have there my man! Excellent work!

You should provide samples of each on various plates and get people to guess the animal. Find a bit of roadkill or even better, a lost child and mince that up and stick it in as a booby burger. Whoever guesses correctly on that one you know to keep an eye on ;)

Thats the plan.. I've got a few people round this weekend.
there are some sausages too. Elk, springbok and such the like
I've also got a selection of beers from www.beersofeurope.co.uk one from every country I could get.

Burgers for dinner today.

Soft white seeded oval buns from Greggs which will be lightly toasted on the inside only. Means the burgers will be oval but this is fine in my book.

575g of steak mince so two (slightly over) half pound patties. Will have a teeny bit of garlic, paprika, seasoning and half a finely diced red onion in the mix.

Nothing additional on/in the burgers this time apart from some good proletariat processed cheese. About three slices on each should hit the spot.

No chip or potatoes on the side today. Going for garlic breaded mushrooms, chilli coleslaw and salad with a sweet chilli dressing.

There are two avocados in the fridge. They may end up in the mix but not sure yet.

I'd laugh if there was a scandal about these.

'ZEBRA BURGERS FOUND TO CONTAIN HORSEMEAT' :mad:

my mates Dad (in convealescence, bless and good will and all that!) said to me the other day, rather angrily

'Oh the horsemeat crisis started and is down to malpractice in Ireland and Irish meat'

I didn't rise, but countered with an innocent, to the Mam, 'isn't it fascinating how all the queens horses were trained at the Curragh? Apparently, Mountbatten used to sneak off there every summer, before he was blown up!' :(

That told him!!

There's a McD California Melt available atm for one week only, it looks quite tasty. Anyone had one?

Fwiw I have a motorway drive to do tomorrow so will definitely get a Burger King for lunch :)

on a very controversial note - having worked before in McDonalds AND Burger King - that if you order the burger FRESH and specify that, you WILL get a decent newly made MaccyDs or BK with whatever preferences (if you have me on the till anyway ;)). Well to be honest, if people were drunk or couldn't afford it, I used to give them out FREE!!:eek::D

Don't tell like :oops:

Yetman said:
Bagel. Pah. What you want is a bacon double cheeseburger inbetween two Krispy Kreme ring donuts.

I still need to try this.

I really really want to try one of those :oops:

Back
Top Bottom