Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

must confess, i suspected that the incumbent cheese was marbled through!! and delighted for it. I think the word i have for this work is 'proud.' :cool: just beautiful
They were fantastic as always. I'm really considering opening some sort of take away burger place that sells quality food instead of the usual shite that's passed off as fuel fit for human consumption. I feel like I should share the gift of burgers with any and all whom need minced beef between two buns. I've yet to make a bad burger (although I did ruin a cheap spatula last night).

They were fantastic as always. I'm really considering opening some sort of take away burger place that sells quality food instead of the usual shite that's passed off as fuel fit for human consumption. I feel like I should share the gift of burgers with any and all whom need minced beef between two buns. I've yet to make a bad burger (although I did ruin a cheap spatula last night).

delighted to hear it!! i've only said that any pub/ restaurant that serves a bad burger and chips should be shut down:cool:

and big ups to Yets for his earlier point that plastic cheese IS good on a burger as it doesnt detract from the star attraction (I actually LIKE processed cheese anyway, for what it is - and i mean easy singles not American stuff that comes from a can/tube!!:eek:)

I had a pretty badass brioche burger with Emmental and bacon yesterday. You know sometimes when burgers are made using minced beef where it's like straight out of the mincer, so you've still got the wormlike structure inside the pattie? It was like that. I'm not sure if I love that or if I'm unsure about it. That's right, I'm not sure how unsure I am....hmm....more experimentation required :cool:

I had a pretty badass brioche burger with Emmental and bacon yesterday. You know sometimes when burgers are made using minced beef where it's like straight out of the mincer, so you've still got the wormlike structure inside the pattie? It was like that. I'm not sure if I love that or if I'm unsure about it. That's right, I'm not sure how unsure I am....hmm....more experimentation required :cool:
Aye, I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same about cooking burgers medium-rare. It tastes ok...but it looks wrong, which makes me think it should taste wrong and then I'm not even sure if I'm enjoying what I'm tasting anymore.

Aye, I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same about cooking burgers medium-rare. It tastes ok...but it looks wrong, which makes me think it should taste wrong and then I'm not even sure if I'm enjoying what I'm tasting anymore.

Totally -cooking burgers medium rare is WRONG!! A burger is not a steak, a steak is not a burger, etc etc

I need new ideas for toppings. I'm open to pretty much anything, weird, normal or otherwise.

Oh and I'm trying the wholemeal rolls tonight. They smell really strong so I'm hopeful! Also, Heinz American steak sauce is pretty lovely, tastes sort of like tomato sauce blended with fruity HP blended with curry. Goes well with American mustard and ordinary Heinz ketchup :cool:

What a disappointment... far too soft, far too small. They fell apart within seconds and the softness/height of the buns meant all the insides slowly migrated backwards as you applied pressure to keep it in your hands. Toasting them did virtually nothing, they were still two soft, pillow like cushions that briefly held meat, veg and condiments. Most of it ended up either on the plate, on my lap or on the carpet. Time to start a '' How do you get beetroot stains out of carpet/jeans'' thread :D. Back to Lancashire oven bottom muffins for me!

Tasted nice though, so not all was for nothing.

I've heard this before. Like when you read recipes and they say 'stale doorstep bread' for makin breadcrumbs and ting.
I shall investigate upon the matter further and report back with my findings. I bet doorstep bread would be great for home made burgers. Actually, don't alot of American burger places use square bread instead of buns?

I shall investigate upon the matter further and report back with my findings. I bet doorstep bread would be great for home made burgers. Actually, don't alot of American burger places use square bread instead of buns?

Yes but they serve beef sandwiches, not burgers :mad:

A bagel would make an interesting burger bun.

Bagel. Pah. What you want is a bacon double cheeseburger inbetween two Krispy Kreme ring donuts.

donut-cheeseburger-425jd101-1255531987.jpg

I still need to try this.

I'd try a few. They look great. Hope they come with PB&J too! :cool:

Ah yes, the mighty peanus butter and jam :cool:

Peanut butter on a burger? Seems to go well with everything else you care to throw at it. Bacon. Jam. Apple. Chicken. Porridge (probably)

Ah yes, the mighty peanus butter and jam :cool:

Peanut butter on a burger? Seems to go well with everything else you care to throw at it. Bacon. Jam. Apple. Chicken. Porridge (probably)
I'd go for a burger with all of those toppings. Together. Yummy. Also, why have I never considered brown sauce on a burger before?

if stoned or drunk I would devour a krispy kreme burger :) . Have been known to wolf down a Burger King meal FOLLOWED by a krispy kreme donut at Victoria :cool:

I had crunchy caramelised biscuit spread on my burger last night (after a long session on my Volcano vaporizer). Oh boy... you all need to try it. Add a splash of sweet chilli and you're in flavour country.

I had crunchy caramelised biscuit spread on my burger last night (after a long session on my Volcano vaporizer). Oh boy... you all need to try it. Add a splash of sweet chilli and you're in flavour country.

Excellent work there! :D

Back
Top Bottom