Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

I use buns from the bakers, a quid for 4 and they're still warm from the oven if you go in the morning. :cool:

In the same vein, I bought some of these the other day to make some kebab type things with and they're really good! They don't fall apart like other tortillas. I had two for my dinner today with a chicken breast in each and a bit chilli sauce, salad and stuff.

189614.jpg

respect and all but dat aint comin near my beef burger :oops:

Damn right sister!! Wraps indeed :mad:
Just you wait, it'll be the next culinary sensation, the McHamwrapper, 100% ''beef'' in a tortilla wrap just smothered in special sauce served with enough lettuce to sink the Titanic. Only £4.99, limited time only.

Oh and also, M&S sell brioche burger buns AND hotdog rolls. Needless to say, I bought the burger buns.
148v4g.jpg

PLUS they serve milkshakes AND alcohol!!!*

*however my perfect milkshake is the Dulce de leche, coffee and Kahlua 'spiked shake' from Bukowski's in Brixton

true dat!! so it was pointed out to me that this new venue does the best burgers in Dublin. oh my days the menu's good!:)

http://www.bobos.ie/menu.html
Everywhere good is always miles away. Ah well, all the more reason to simply perfect my own. I went back to M&S to buy the hot dog buns, gonna team them up with some bacon tomorrow for a change. Pics coming soon! Also, opinions on eggs on burgers? I've got 2 dozen to get through and I can only eat so much scrambled eggs.
2d8idev.jpg

Also, opinions on eggs on burgers? I've got 2 dozen to get through and I can only eat so much scrambled eggs.

im kind of swaying towards a 'nay' to eggs on burgers. Far too messy, hogs the limelight and seems to me that they just don't belong there. It's like, do you want a fry up or a burger, have one or the other. I am also averse to 'breakfast pizzas':hmm:

Everywhere good is always miles away. Ah well, all the more reason to simply perfect my own. I went back to M&S to buy the hot dog buns, gonna team them up with some bacon tomorrow for a change. Pics coming soon! Also, opinions on eggs on burgers? I've got 2 dozen to get through and I can only eat so much scrambled eggs.

Get some chorizo and fry them with the scrambled eggs. Don't put eggs on a burger.

im kind of swaying towards a 'nay' to eggs on burgers. Far too messy, hogs the limelight and seems to me that they just don't belong there. It's like, do you want a fry up or a burger, have one or the other. I am also averse to 'breakfast pizzas':hmm:

If I could lay my hands on some proper pork sausage patties I would do one with an egg.
Ooh from what I remember, Giggly Pig to sausage burger patties..... :hmm:

If I could lay my hands on some proper pork sausage patties I would do one with an egg.
Ooh from what I remember, Giggly Pig to sausage burger patties..... :hmm:

I guess you would be best removing the sausage meat and making your own. That said, I would happily wolf down an egg on a burger, OR a breakfast pizza, jus being fussy:)

Egg works on a sausage & egg McMuffin...just saying...:oops: Oh and tonight I will finally take a picture of my creation. No excuses!

haven't had a sausage and egg mcmuffin for years - was tempted a few months ago, but when hungover there are so many better options...

So my chorizo and scrambled eggs sounds lovely aside from the chorizo. :(
It sounds lovely, the idea of eating it sounds very appealing. The reality however is that every other time I've eaten chorizo I've hated it intensely :(. Some other sausage would be fine.

im never one to sniff at a MacDonalds when ravenous!

Will eat Burger King or KFC, anytime though :oops::cool:
Burger King is so expensive though, I can never justify the price for a meal that will leave me hungry still. KFC is a different kettle of fish, the smell alone is worth paying for.

It sounds lovely, the idea of eating it sounds very appealing. The reality however is that every other time I've eaten chorizo I've hated it intensely :(. Some other sausage would be fine.

Where are you eating it?

Last one I had was admittedly by the side of the motorway. I don't think there even is one here anymore.

Edit, oops, replied to the wrong bit, erm I've had chorizo in a few meals but each one has left me wanting to never have another again. I might have to go to Spain or something and have it cooked properly.

give you the 16oz chinese flavoured hamburger (uncooked & £1 coin to show size scale)
P1010059_zpsb0e56d5e.jpg

Actually, I'll be skewering this in 1" strips to make grillstick/kebab type things

respect and all but dat aint comin near my beef burger :oops:

No, I wouldn't use them for burgers either but if you get a chicken breast, a pepper, onion and some marinade - they make a good wrap for a kebab. They're also quite good with humous :cool:

Back
Top Bottom