Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

it's a bit big i reckon!! hence my earlier point about stoopid posh burgers with a big toothpick in em that you cannot pick up :mad:

i wouldnt want pulled pork on a burger either, too much.

the side of coleslaw is almost a must - its a great touch (along with ideally, a vanilla milkshake) :cool:

Its ok.. I googled it

The Devastator challenge is mentioned on their website. But there is no proper detail or price.

This site has a review.. Only cost about £20 and its free if you eat it in 10 mins.
http://londonburgerquest.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/85-devastator-red-dog-saloon.html

Oh man that looks ace. I'll admit I'm no big eater, just a guy with a slightly smaller than average appetite, who likes his burgers. So I'd fail at that challenge, as I would any challenge except a spicy one. I pour vindaloo juice on my cornflakes mate, but the actual place looks ace even if that particular burger is outside my capability of eating.

Oh man that looks ace. I'll admit I'm no big eater, just a guy with a slightly smaller than average appetite, who likes his burgers. So I'd fail at that challenge, as I would any challenge except a spicy one. I pour vindaloo juice on my cornflakes mate, but the actual place looks ace even if that particular burger is outside my capability of eating.
The same place also has a hot wing challenge..

Here is a link, and in classic U75 style, it is to the dailymail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/art...-hot-restaurant-makes-diners-sign-waiver.html

The same place also has a hot wing challenge..

Here is a link, and in classic U75 style, it is to the dailymail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/art...-hot-restaurant-makes-diners-sign-waiver.html

U75 and the Daily Mail are like brothers that hate each other, but cannot deny the bond they are constantly reminded of by the people they encounter.

As far as that challenge goes, I'd have a go, but this doesnt help...

'By eating them you have to pick them up and eat them off the bone - you are not allowed to remove the meat from the bone first.
'You are not allowed to leave the table, you are not allowed anything to drink.
'Once you have eaten the wings we stop the clock and start a fresh clock and there is a five minute burn-time where the same rules apply.

U75 and the Daily Mail are like brothers that hate each other, but cannot deny the bond they are constantly reminded of by the people they encounter.

As far as that challenge goes, I'd have a go, but this doesnt help...

'By eating them you have to pick them up and eat them off the bone - you are not allowed to remove the meat from the bone first.
'You are not allowed to leave the table, you are not allowed anything to drink.
'Once you have eaten the wings we stop the clock and start a fresh clock and there is a five minute burn-time where the same rules apply.

further googling tells me that they are 1.3million on the scoville scale.
Pepper spray used by some police forces is 2 million.

Do people on here generally toast their buns or not? I'm somewhat on the fence. Sometimes if it's a really moist burger with loads of condiments it'll need toasting but if it's pretty simple you can get away with untoasted.

Burgers for tea tonight :cool:
Tesco finest steak burgers with caramelised onion.

I'm going to stick some cheese and gherkin on mine too I think.
Served with wedges.

Do people on here generally toast their buns or not? I'm somewhat on the fence. Sometimes if it's a really moist burger with loads of condiments it'll need toasting but if it's pretty simple you can get away with untoasted.

lightly toasted for definite - also just in case the bun is a tad stale. Ideally, the bun should be slightly steamed and toasted, im learning from various burger blogs and reviews - brioche seems to be the winner to stop it disintegrating too

Callum91 said:

Toasted as a default. I like a soft untoasted roll with a smaller burger, from a van or BBQ.

Just watched a bloke in the Walkabout do the Man v Food burger challenge, quite impressive.

lightly toasted for definite - also just in case the bun is a tad stale. Ideally, the bun should be slightly steamed and toasted, im learning from various burger blogs and reviews - brioche seems to be the winner to stop it disintegrating too
I just bought some fancy brioche burger rolls from Tesco. Each one clocks in at 310 calories! :eek: That's more than the damn burgers themselves have!

what about onions? do you like yours fried or raw? i prefer fried onions myself on a burger but will take raw too, nay bother

Cheesypoof said:
what about onions? do you like yours fried or raw? i prefer fried onions myself on a burger but will take raw too, nay bother

With cheese I have fried. On a plain burger I am more easy.

Prefer them fried but will happily also eat them raw. Or if I'm feeling lazy I'll use one of those jars of caramelised onions, they're just as good tbh. There's very few things I don't like on a burger (tomatoes/mustard are two that certainly make the list.)

If the burger has a lettuce and tomato in, then raw onions, if it's a relishy cheesy kinda YEAH burger then fried onions all the way :)

I hate it when chillis are labelled as ''hot'' but clearly are not hot at all. That's £2 wasted :mad::(. I want jalapenos on my burger that will give my taste buds a kick up the arse! I don't want jalapenos on my burger that could be easily passed off as a capsicum pepper.

Back
Top Bottom