Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

My burgers were a massive success. Just wish the whole eating experience lasted longer than 7 minutes :D. Note to self, chew!

Anyone reckon crumpets would make a good replacement for a roll? I've ran out of rolls but have a packet of crumpets going spare. Dare I try...

Some lovely little beauties here... (click on them for the recipes)

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/s...nd_sliders_slideshow?mbid=synd_yshine#slide=1

My favourite so far....

Coffee-Rubbed Cheeseburgers with Texas Barbecue Sauce

coffee-rubbed-cheeseburgers-with-texas-barbecue-sauce-326.jpg

Excellent work Callum91 I've only looked at the ketchup recipe on the first page and am already thinking about when I'm gonna make it :)

Just when you think 'can there ever be too much bacon?!' - I've just found a recipe for an all-bacon burger...

The patty is made out of ground bacon, it's topped with bacon, and what sauce goes on it? That's right, the modern classic...BACON FAT MAYO.

20091030-bacon-burger-in-hand.jpg

Not too sure about it tbh :hmm:

Made a cheese and leek veggie burger in breadcrumbs for someone at work yesterday. Double salad on it but no sauce or mayo :hmm:

He was very pleased with it. Looked a bit dry but good to include our vegetarian friends in this quest.

i had a beltingly good chicken, bacon, avocado and camembert burger with chips at the White Horse in Brixton on Monday - was pleasantly surprised as I hadnt suspected it to be that good. The camembert melted beautifully into a very decently sized hunky chicken burger, and good tomatoes. The chips were the only letdown, they were okay like, but not 'amaze' if you get me

OMG, the turkey burger with the skin on chips, tomato jam, olives and feta looks divine

You mean this?
turkey-burgers-with-tomato-jam-olives-and-feta-646.jpg

It's all about the chips on that one. They look amazing :cool:

Sundried tomato and roasted garlic mayo as well. I need to start a new healthier obsession or I'm gonna turn into a burger......one of them greasy looking triple stacker cheese meltdown things that they serve at places like Wendy's or In-n-out burger in the states. Not like the delights above. I'd be more than happy looking like one of them.

You mean this?
turkey-burgers-with-tomato-jam-olives-and-feta-646.jpg

It's all about the chips on that one. They look amazing :cool:

Sundried tomato and roasted garlic mayo as well. I need to start a new healthier obsession or I'm gonna turn into a burger......one of them greasy looking triple stacker cheese meltdown things that they serve at places like Wendy's or In-n-out burger in the states. Not like the delights above. I'd be more than happy looking like one of them.

That's the fella!!!! the chips indeed look amazing, as they incorporate the wonderful elements of slightly overcooked and skin on. Its a win win situation :cool:

I need to start a new healthier obsession or I'm gonna turn into a burger.

me too! i also google 'Italian lasagne' and 'spaghetti and meatballs' and staring at pics of food, its definitely an obsession :eek::)

What's the general consensus on beetroot on burgers? I'm all for it but my American mate thinks I'm fucking insane for putting it on (or just Australian). I thought the same when he put peanut butter on his burger the last time he made one. Of course I was totally won over upon tasting the filthy bitch :D

Callum91 said:
What's the general consensus on beetroot on burgers? I'm all for it but my American mate thinks I'm fucking insane for putting it on (or just Australian). I thought the same when he put peanut butter on his burger the last time he made one. Of course I was totally won over upon tasting the filthy bitch :D

Horses for courses in all matters. I would not choose beetroot, but would not refuse it iyswim? Peanut butter with chicken (maybe) but not beef.

Pineapple can fucking fuck the fuck off though :mad:

I just find that one big slice of pickled beetroot adds a nice tang to the burger. The colour looks good too as it inevitably runs into the bun and makes it purple. I love pickled anything on a burger though, those little peppadew peppers are lovely on a burger, for example.

Horses for courses in all matters. I would not choose beetroot, but would not refuse it iyswim? Peanut butter with chicken (maybe) but not beef.

Pineapple can fucking fuck the fuck off though :mad:

All of this.

I'm not a fan of gherkins on burgers, but beetroot might be a curiously successful replacement. I should try it. More burgers to eat then :rolleyes: :)

Back
Top Bottom