Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Had a nice burger at the handmade burger co. not too shoddy a price - especially compared with the mad price increases at Burger King.
Ther used to be a hole in the wall burger. Stall in Weymouth that did a challenge burger of three quarter pounders three fried eggs and three cheese slices- if you ate three you got your money back. A significant contributor to the man I am today.

That's the thing with BK being expensive, I compare them to more premium burgers cos of the cost which I wouldn't do with McDonalds.

That said they've slightly redeemed themselves in my eyes, I had a proper bad run of them, but the one at Manchester Piccadilly was tops.

Had a nice burger at the handmade burger co. not too shoddy a price - especially compared with the mad price increases at Burger King.
Ther used to be a hole in the wall burger. Stall in Weymouth that did a challenge burger of three quarter pounders three fried eggs and three cheese slices- if you ate three you got your money back. A significant contributor to the man I am today.
that's dangerously not much of a challenge. good think it was never near me...

Did it taste as lovely as it looks?

In hindsight I'd have used 1/3lb of mince to make the burger than the 1/2lb, it was a big bastard! But other than that, yes, it was a good standard bacon cheese burger. I need to get more inventive now :cool:

Peppered mayo on the chicken burger is so much better than plain mayo as well. Little tip for you there burgerfans ;)

16 oz burger from The Bountiful Cow in Holborn for dinner. It was good, but a bit dear, and only came with OK chips. Lettuce, tomato and blue cheese for toppings. I suspect their steaks are better.

In hindsight I'd have used 1/3lb of mince to make the burger than the 1/2lb, it was a big bastard! But other than that, yes, it was a good standard bacon cheese burger. I need to get more inventive now :cool:

Peppered mayo on the chicken burger is so much better than plain mayo as well. Little tip for you there burgerfans ;)

I struggle to cook them as well when they go past half a pound, so cheat and make two. :)

That looks yummy. I particularly like the plastic cheese and the criss-cross fries.:cool: One thing i am wondering is whether the bun is toasted.

If i may be so bold, i dont think bacon is necessary on a burger.:eek::)

Oh yes, to have proper cheese on a burger, like a good cheddar, it has to be perfectly balanced or it'll overtake the flavour. A slice of good old American 'cheese' is fine for most occasions :)

The bun is lightly toasted, yes, in a dry frying pan for 2 minutes before assembly :cool:

And as for your bacon comment....I'll pretend I didn't hear that ;) :p

In fact that whole sentence doesn't make any sense to anybody who isn't either a small child, or on acid.

I do quite like it though. Tell us more things o surreal one :)

had an excellent cheese and bacon burger at Bringsty Cafe on the A44 between Worcester and Bromyard. chips were delicious, had a nice salad and the whole thing was a mighty £6.

theres a nice antiques/reclamation place next door as well...

Silas Loom said:
Was responding to Badgers, who decks his burgers out in a full knitted ensemble and then demands beer.

I made a good one yesterday. Just a usual quarter pound beef burger. Brioche bun which is not my preference but all I had at the time. Burger grilled with a couple of rashers of streaky bacon.

What I did differently this time was make up a new sauce:

Some grated mozzarella and a teeny bit of cream. Some very finely diced onions, jalapeños and red pepper which was lightly fried. Then melted in the cheese and cream to form a spicy, cheesy, smoky goo.

Lightly toasted the bun, layer of iceberg lettuce, slice of tomato, two onion rings and then half the sauce/goo. The onion rings are an important barrier to keep the bun from going soggy. Then the burger on with the streaky bacon and topped with the rest of the sauce/goo. Back under the grill to get the sauce/goo infused, then served with some fat fried chips and a dip of chipotle salsa.

:cool:

If i may be so bold, i dont think bacon is necessary on a burger.:eek::)

It tends to drown out the taste of the beef IME, fine if you're at Burger King and the acutal burger is pretty rubbish anyway, but for a lovingly crafted home made burger I'd leave the bacon out.

SpookyFrank said:
It tends to drown out the taste of the beef IME, fine if you're at Burger King and the acutal burger is pretty rubbish anyway, but for a lovingly crafted home made burger I'd leave the bacon out.

I did do a surf, turf and cheep burger the other day.

Grilled beefburger
Fried chicken burger
4 rashers of bacon
Two slices of cheddar
Onion rings
Mayo and BBQ sauce
Salad and fried onion

Wooden skewer to hold the tower together and four scampi on the top of the skewer.

I made a good one yesterday.
I did do a surf, turf and cheep burger the other day.

This thread has just gone fucking TURBO. I'm definitely doing those. Both. That sauce sounds amazing. Not sure about the cheep'n'turf in the same bun though....I've always eyed that combo with suspicion, however, I said the same about the hash brown in the chicken burger and that turned out to be a right winner.

Still. Badgers, you are now the king of this thread :cool:

Yetman said:
This thread has just gone fucking TURBO. I'm definitely doing those. Both. That sauce sounds amazing. Not sure about the cheep'n'turf in the same bun though....I've always eyed that combo with suspicion, however, I said the same about the hash brown in the chicken burger and that turned out to be a right winner.

Still. Badgers, you are now the king of this thread :cool:

I confess I would not choose it but boundaries need to be pushed at times eh? How else would we have known the Dodo was delicious if we did not try a few?

The hash brown is an odd one. I like them in a chicken burger but never had in a beef burger :hmm: that said if I do have a (double of course) sausage and egg mcmuffin meal then I chuck in the hash brown, so it works with pork ok :hmm:

Onion rings are another recent addition to my burger repertoire. I find the softer, lightly toasted bun is my preference. The onion ring not only stops the bun from going soggy from burger juice or sauces. It also provides a different, crunchier texture within each bite.

Did they have had old McDonalds signs, vintage burger adverts and a bottle of 50 year old now-hardened 'secret sauce'? :)

sadly not quite - a old 'Bulmers' sign, and lots of farmhouse style kitchen tables and dressers.

burger was genuinely quite good.

Back
Top Bottom