Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Absolutely no need for 'egg to bind'. The salt helps the binding, and compression does the rest. Heston says so. I tried it. He is correct. No falling apart during cooking. :cool:

Yes. That's call "bacon" - this is a Breakfast food

Burger is - "BEEF" - and unless in 'Merca and in steak form - is NOT a breakfast food

People have such funny ideas about breakfast. What's wrong with eating what is tasty at other times when you are preparing yourself to face the world?

I finally got round to making some for the first time since this thread was started. 500g of lean mince became two good sized burgers with plenty of cheese and bacon. :cool:

I think the hardest part about making a decent burger is finding the right roll, that's not to thick.

Global Stoner said:
I finally got round to making some for the first time since this thread was started. 500g of lean mince became two good sized burgers with plenty of cheese and bacon. :cool:

I think the hardest part about making a decent burger is finding the right roll, that's not to thick.

The roll/bun is tricky. I like a soft bap, lightly toasted myself but they can go soft. A ciabatta can fuck off frankly.

Did a couple of cowboy burgers yesterday...

Toasted bun
Mayo on the bottom
Two onion rings
Sliced tomato
Burger patty
Fried onions and jalapeños
Cheese
Bacon
Fried egg
Burger relish

That sounds nice. Well other then the egg, but that's a personal thing.

It's finding rolls that are big enough for epic sized burgers. I could just make two smaller ones, but then I'd feel greedy(er).

Global Stoner said:
That sounds nice. Well other then the egg, but that's a personal thing.

It's finding rolls that are big enough for epic sized burgers. I could just make two smaller ones, but then I'd feel greedy(er).

I am a bit meh regards egg in a burger too. Those were not for me but did look outstanding :)

Excellent work Badgemaster, double onion attack. All good except of course the egg, but I suppose even burger maestros like ourselves can make mistakes sometimes ;)

Still struggling to find big enough burger rolls that are wide enough. :(

Still tonight created....half pound burgers with 4 rashers of bacon in each with cheese. :cool:

b1_zps07a4640f.jpg

b2_zps1f678f79.jpg

Still struggling to find big enough burger rolls that are wide enough. :(

Still tonight created....half pound burgers with 4 rashers of bacon in each with cheese. :cool:

b1_zps07a4640f.jpg

b2_zps1f678f79.jpg

I know they say you can never have too much bacon but you can have too much bacon....streaky is best on burgers as well. And a wholemeal bap? Come on...

Patty looks amazing though :)

Pff. Posh twatbastards with their uncooked burgers. I've had a rare burger before and it's like eating mush. Wrong. Just wrong.
I was taken out of Hong Kong Airport in a wheelchair a day after eating an undercooked angus burger in Langhams hotel. Cue two days in an airport hotel with stuff projectiling out of both ends. They're right, mince is really dodgy eaten rare, its not the same as rare steak.

pinkmonkey said:
I was taken out of Hong Kong Airport in a wheelchair a day after eating an undercooked angus burger in Langhams hotel. Cue two days in an airport hotel with stuff projectiling out of both ends. They're right, mince is really dodgy eaten rare, its not the same as rare steak.

Are you CERTAIN it was the burger?

I am hungry. I am sure I have a couple of frozen burgers I made left over in the freezer. I reckon if I put it near the radiator on a saucer, and come back after having a bath. It will be defrosted enough to grill.

I am hungry. Very hungry.

Pff. Posh twatbastards with their uncooked burgers. I've had a rare burger before and it's like eating mush. Wrong. Just wrong.

I love my steak rare, but it's too uncooked in a burger. As you say, it's mush.

Medium rare is about right :cool:

I am hungry. I am sure I have a couple of frozen burgers I made left over in the freezer. I reckon if I put it near the radiator on a saucer, and come back after having a bath. It will be defrosted enough to grill.

I am hungry. Very hungry.

That was pretty good and did the job.

TFF Freezers :cool:

Has anyone got any of the Tesco "special" ones in the freezer. I'm a bit gutted I didn't get any before the recall, would have liked to have tried them.

Good point, you'd probably pay a lot of money to get an actual horse burger over here.

Anyone seen that documentary about that nutter from Eastern Europe who swims the whole length of the Amazon while getting totally pissed all the time? :D He loves horse burgers.

The Fish Man, as he was called by the local tribes, almost died in the process several times. Towards the end of his marathon ordeal his blood pressure was at heart attack level, his entire body full of subcutaneous larvae and besieged by dehydration and exhaustion.

Martin is an endurance swimmer who swims rivers – the Mississippi, the Danube, Paraná and the Yangtze prior to the Amazon – to highlight their pollution to the world. During this epic journey he suffered from blisters, sunburn, exotic stomach illnesses, all the while trying to avoid piranhas, anacondas, crocodiles, alligators, river sharks, and a small parasitic fish known as the candiru. Martin is also a rather overweight horse-burger loving Slovenian in his fifties, who drinks bottles of red wine to get extra power...even when swimming.

I'm glad of this thread....always liked burgers, but never used to be something I cooked. Now they've become an almost weekly thing. :cool:

Someone cooked me some the other night (shop bought) that had Mozzarella and Tomato in them. Sounds weird, but they were surprisingly tasty.

I use eggs too - I find 'proper' mince a bit drier than supermarket stuff. I think it depends on the mince. The mincemeat I made from dexter fillet steaks was quite dry so I had to throw in an egg.

There's no right or wrong way: only the way you like them to be made init. :cool:

They weren't quite so good as the last ones I made...not sure what I changed or if it was just the mince.

Anyway I got beaten by the meat (the two big ones were mine) :(

Oh did you all hear about the guy who ate every day at the Heart Attack Grill, having a heart attack? :D

Check the place out. Not only do they do massive burgers, but they are served by hot girls in nurse uniforms with their pants showing :cool:

The guy who died was only about 50 as well. He could have done with one of these:

20654_1_600.jpeg

sorry

No-one serves undercooked burgers around here. There is too much chance of killing someone with "Hamburger Disease".

In 1985 in London, Ont, residents in a nursing home were stricken with the E. coli and 17 died. In 1991 in the Northwest Territories over 500 Inuit became ill over several months; 22 developed HUS and 2 died. Although these were serious and life-threatening events, it was the large 1993 multistate outbreak in the United States that generated international interest in this disease and popularized the name "hamburger disease." One batch of hamburgers sold by a fast food chain in the western states infected over 600 people; most of those that had kidney failure (about 100) and died (4) were young children. This created such a concern that new food-safety policies were introduced. Since home barbecuing of ground beef patties is a risk factor, some provinces have produced educational material to alert the public. In Canada the number of contracted cases is about 1000 per year and seems to be decreasing. The public is now more aware of the dangers of undercooked burgers. Strains of verotoxigenic E. coli similar to O157:H7 have infected Canadians.
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/articles/hamburger-disease

When people use barbecues to cook hamburgers for others to consume (picnic/soccer game), they tend to partially cut each one open to ensure it is cooked properly.

No-one serves undercooked burgers around here. There is too much chance of killing someone with "Hamburger Disease".

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/articles/hamburger-disease

When people use barbecues to cook hamburgers for others to consume (picnic/soccer game), they tend to partially cut each one open to ensure it is cooked properly.

It's the same as say steak tartare or blue/rare steak. Though I sincerely hope that any burger served uncooked is home-made from freshly minced beef.....just look at it though, LOOK AT IT :mad:

20090922clintonst-burger.jpg

Back
Top Bottom