Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Meh. Hacked of with Burger King. They used to be my favourite, but when ever I've tried them in the last few years they've been shit and I've had to pay silly money for the privilege. Seeing as half the time the burgers are to dry I hate to imagine what they'll do with turkey.

I love BK burgers, but if you want that flame grilled taste then McD's are doing the Big Tasty at the moment which is better than BK. I dont know why McD's dont add it to the menu permanently.

I have to confess I have not eaten many (any?) Bks this year. Not spent nearly as much time hanging around train stations is probably why. They do seem to have been a bit worse the most recent times though.

I have to confess I have not eaten many (any?) Bks this year. Not spent nearly as much time hanging around train stations is probably why. They do seem to have been a bit worse the most recent times though.

I'd probably be more forgiving if it wasn't £8 a shot the last few times. I could get a proper sit down meal in quite a few places for that, so I expect a dam good burger.

If I get a shit double cheeseburger from McDonalds I shrug a bit more. It's £1.50.

£8 is more services prices in my experience. I have had £8+ meals at BK before (that was the BK challenge though) but usually about £5 using the BITE card.

£8 is more services prices in my experience. I have had £8+ meals at BK before (that was the BK challenge though) but usually about £5 using the BITE card.

Yeah, they're expensive in all the places I want to eat them.

McDs don't change a different price, so it's half the cost.

Global Stoner said:
Yeah, they're expensive in all the places I want to eat them. Again McDs don't change price.

I am not adverse to McDs but don't mind them.

Quarter Pounder with cheese meal, large fries and usually a coke. Chicken Sandwich on the side.

I had a beanburger today. Excellent one. I even went to take a picture of it (which I never do) and my camera fucked up and wouldn't take it the shot. Thats how good the burger was! Nearly broke my camera. Lucky escape there.

I've been looking at burgers today as well. Secret menu sounds interesting, pity about the state of some of the burgers that it breeds :hmm:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/26/fast-food-secret-menus_n_2767401.html

The McDonalds Air Sky and Land burger sounds, well, horrible.
lsa-b403633851170a3d81d2eaa45238e6db0f84b5ce-s40.jpg

Horses for courses init

Thanks for the like GS, thought more people would have gotten my hilarious joke there.

I'm trying mixing pork and beef mince for the burgers tonight as recommended by someone on this thread. :)

What's people's thoughts on crusty bread with burgers. All the buns in the supermarket looked shit, so I got some of those part bake baguettes, that I can shape the burgers nicely to fit.

I'm trying mixing pork and beef mince for the burgers tonight as recommended by someone on this thread. :)

What's people's thoughts on crusty bread with burgers. All the buns in the supermarket looked shit, so I got some of those part bake baguettes, that I can shape the burgers nicely to fit.
I'm a fan personally. Maybe not too crusty though.

It'd be more common surely if it was good, though I always use a 50/50 beefpork mix for meatballs so it could be alright (though thats usually to stop them being like little burgers...). I always applaud experimentation though, so good luck and let us know how you get on :cool:

Now you're asking for trouble....the only crispyness should be the lightly toasted side of the SOFT......IDEALLY SESAME SEEDED bun.

If you called it a beef pattie sandwich in a crusty bun however, it's a whole new ball game. Could be good. Hmm. I like this one Horace, his jib is cut dashingly. Enlist him for the frontal battalion. Horace. Horace? Oh. It's just me again isnt it. :(

Can be so hard to get decent buns...mind you I like experimenting. Although it went against everything that's true, wholegrain buns worked with some pretty epic burgers I did which your average sesame would have struggled to cope with.

I'm a bit ambivalent about buns. I hate those tower-burgers where an overly fat brioche weighs on top of a lump of beef.

I like a softer bun but don't like how they absorb the juice/grease. Rather that than a (stale) ciabatta any day mind. The brioche bun is usually too small on a stack :mad:

PHWOOOOOOARR! Look at that burger!

Bankoboev.Ru_peris_hilton_s_gamburgerom.jpg

She's fucking shaved it and everything!

Beef sarnie looks alright as well :)

Had a nice burger at the handmade burger co. not too shoddy a price - especially compared with the mad price increases at Burger King.
Ther used to be a hole in the wall burger. Stall in Weymouth that did a challenge burger of three quarter pounders three fried eggs and three cheese slices- if you ate three you got your money back. A significant contributor to the man I am today.

Back
Top Bottom