Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

The camera adds 10lbs to the burger ;):D, it was tall but not silly chef style tall, if you get my drift. The red piquante peppers are a favourite of mine, it says hot on the jar but to be honest they're just really sweet. I adore pickled cucumbers, if anything I'd add more slices the next time! 4 per burger is the only way to go, I reckon. Aye, I actually took my time this time putting it together, the last few attempts have been somewhat slapdash. Muffins make a good alternative but watch out for slippage with your toppings, the chewy factor of the bread wasn't something I'd counted on and I almost ended up with a burger on my laptop.

*takes notes*

*except about the pickles*

mashable.com/2013/05/30/burger-king-whopper-holder/?cid=Mash-Product-RSS-Pheedo-All-Partial

ku-xlarge.jpg

MEAT REPORT:
At the weekend I ate a load of unusual BBQ'd meats..
  • Alpaca Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Bison Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Springbok Sausages (6 in a 360g Pack)
  • Crocodile Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Elk (Moose) Sausages (6 in a 360g Pack)
  • Horse Red Wine & Mustard Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Ibérico Sausages (6 in a 360g Pack)
  • Kangaroo Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Llama Diced Steak (350g Pack)
  • Rosé Veal Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack)
  • Zebra South African Curry Burgers (2 in a 220g Pack
There was a mixed reaction to most of them. But everyone agreed that Llama steak is far to tough. Crocodile burgers look a horrible, but taste OK. And kangaroo is filth.

No one refused anything. But one guy was in trouble with his Mrs for eating alpaca, as she had recently been to a petting zoo thing, and had really liked them. (but not in a bap with sauce and cheese.)

when the meat club was in session we found that none of the steaks were that much good as steaks. they always turned out better as stews.

the saussages were also nice but didn't carry off the same level of meatyness.

when the meat club was in session we found that none of the steaks were that much good as steaks. they always turned out better as stews.

the saussages were also nice but didn't carry off the same level of meatyness.

There is a reason we eat cow, sheep, and chicken, more so than other animals.
Because they taste better.

Lucky Chip does rock, never had a duff burger from the Netil Market stall, but had one at the sebright the other week before a gig and it was shite :( Semi cold & greasy
I've herd a few people complain about moody burgers at the Sebright Arms. I wonder why they are not as good as from the van at Netil Market???

At the weekend I finally got around to checking out Patty & Bun which was pretty bloddy good! I think I need to go back to lucky chip as I cant decide which is the better burger.

So far my top three burger places in London are Lucky Chip, Patty & Bun, and MEATMarket.

There is a reason we eat cow, sheep, and chicken, more so than other animals.
Because they taste better.

Sure it's not cos of their absolute rubbish ability to defend themselves? I mean, I'd much rather take on a cow than a kangaroo. Or a chicken than a zebra. Or a sheep than a crocodile.

Sure it's not cos of their absolute rubbish ability to defend themselves? I mean, I'd much rather take on a cow than a kangaroo. Or a chicken than a zebra. Or a sheep than a crocodile.

Cows can be vicious fucks. I've had a field full of them chase after me before, it was terrifying! Makes you appreciate your burgers :D

Cows can be vicious fucks. I've had a field full of them chase after me before, it was terrifying! Makes you appreciate your burgers :D

I've had that as well! Mind you it was night. If it was daytime I'd have fucking had them. At night cows are scarier cos their eyes glow red.

I was tripping at the time and I didn't have a bag of shopping to throw in the air to scare the buggers off. It was during the day but tbh that was the least of my concerns.

They farm kangaroos and sell their meat in supermarkets around here.

There's a llama farm near me. I've always wanted to ask the guy ''Are you the llama farmer?''.

I saw one of them beaten up and bleeding by the side of the road, in a right old state he was. I thought to myself 'how could anyone harm a llama farmer'? :(

Heinz's new Blue cheese sauce is pretty delicious as a cheese substitute on your burgers. Only seen it in Tesco so far.

Is it for export? When I travelled round Australia most folk considered them fit only for dog food!

Not sure. In the past roo meat was mostly sold as pet food but in the past ten years there has been growing public acceptance of it being also considered human food.

'Roos are better for the environment too. They don't produce all the nasty methane gases that cows do, iirc.

looks nice. talk us through them please. :)

Pickled cucumbers on the bottom, then a beetroot slice, some piquante peppers, the burger itself, onions fried with a curry powder, a dab of burger sauce, American mustard/Heinz ketchup and some hidden green jalapenos. A slight smear of butter on the muffins to stop liquid soaking through.

Just a quick one. Wholemeal muffins are better than white ones and always make sure you layer your condiments throughout the burger instead of just lumping them altogether at the top/bottom. Those are the days burger mysteries that have been solved for me.

In Donegal for the weekend out in the fresh air, really built up an appetite!

We had burgers on Sunday after a big swim. They were shop bought (and not even posh), but pretty good
and I had mine with fried onions, smoked cheddar, a slice of beef tomato, rocket, Heinz tomato ketchup, Djonaisse,and Dairygold butter on a toasted bundy - it was lush:cool:

Back
Top Bottom