Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Looks very European, maybe German? Too much mushroom going on there - and Swiss cheese on the burgers is kinda wrong, when there are far superior cheeses that are cheaper

Yeah I hate mushrooms, any amount of mushroom is far too much mushroom going on :D

The idea though, is ace. In fact.....they should open a burger restaurant where you can actually build your own burger with the burger bar....

Hmm...

Yeah I hate mushrooms, any amount of mushroom is far too much mushroom going on :D

The idea though, is ace. In fact.....they should open a burger restaurant where you can actually build your own burger with the burger bar....

Hmm...

I didn't like mushrooms or uncooked tomatoes before the start of this year. Now I love both of them dearly. In fact, mushrooms are one of the greatest things a man can eat, and of course, they go well on your burger! I sometimes fry up chopped mushrooms along with shallots and garlic and simply top a burger with that (and alittle ketchup). Heaven! Learn to love them, you must. :cool:

I didn't like mushrooms or uncooked tomatoes before the start of this year. Now I love both of them dearly. In fact, mushrooms are one of the greatest things a man can eat, and of course, they go well on your burger! I sometimes fry up chopped mushrooms along with shallots and garlic and simply top a burger with that (and alittle ketchup). Heaven! Learn to love them, you must. :cool:

I DO love mushrooms, especially when fried in butter! :cool:

But on a Burger??? No!!

I try to like them I really do. I make them great for the mrs, fried in butter with some garlic and herbs. Just can't eat the damn things. Same with eggs. I'll get there one day but to me they are just like meaty farts. Eggs are metal farts.

Can't help not liking fart flavoured food!

Had a nice burger at the handmade burger co. not too shoddy a price - especially compared with the mad price increases at Burger King.
Ther used to be a hole in the wall burger. Stall in Weymouth that did a challenge burger of three quarter pounders three fried eggs and three cheese slices- if you ate three you got your money back. A significant contributor to the man I am today.
Update;both my kids have been there recently and it was shit, avoid, handmade means cack handed

Try it. Enter a new realm of possibilities. It's heaven. Works well with a drop of soy sauce. Umami overload.

i have tried mushroom and 'mushroom swiss' type burgers before. Tasty, but given the choice between that or a good cheeseburger with onion, pickle, ketchup, lettuce, tomato and mustard, I would choose the latter. That aint an unadventurous choice but boils down to what flavours you think combine best on a burger. For me, mushrooms, chillis, eggs and curry dont really work. Kinda like putting pineapple on a pizza.

Must say I like their style. Keep it simple. They should change the name of it to 'Five Fellows' for their UK stores though. "Guys" :rolleyes: :mad:

i dont think the pics or menu gives you enough information about the food or the love and skill that goes into it.

disappointed.:hmm:

A and W burgers are splendid for cheap burger chain contenders. If they had them and Tim Hortons in the UK I would be Gilbert Grapes mother.

Yes! 5 Guys opening in London!

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/burge...-shack-covent-garden-london-uk-122545720.html

How much do I have to cough up for one of these bad boys? It's £6.75 for a burger or £8 for a cheeseburger but don't forget they have 15 free toppings so you can customise your patty any way you like it. Little hamburgers are only £4.75 if you're not quite so peckish but they're so good you might end up getting two. Fries are extra - £2.75 for little up to £5 for large.

long-neck-reaction.jpg

£1.25 for a slice of cheese?!

Just bought some BBQ food for the weekend.
Pork ribs, Sirloin.
And a selection of burgers from a couple of butchers round where I live, for a taste off.

Word of warning - according to that Yahoo article they use peanut oil for frying the chips in. Which might make 5 Guys a problem for anyone with a nut allergy.

Dillinger4 said:
The only fast food take away burger that I really really want to try is an In-n-Out burger but they are only in California. I have heard amazing things about them.

Secret menu?

i don't think i'd ever have mayo on a (beef) burger. what a revolting thought.

I like mayo and mustard on a burger if I am having a load of salad in it too.
Not on just a burger with cheese and onions.

I am not a massive ketchup fan but do like a bit on burgers.
I made my own ketchup once and it was bloody lovely. It did take A LOT of tomatoes though.

the-beast-sun.jpg

I just found this http://www.burgersatblacks.co.uk/the-beast-2

The Burger:
7lb Prime Black Angus Beef
Half lb Mature Cheddar
7 Rashes Streaky Smoky Bacon
1 Whole Lettuce
7 Whole Tomatoes
1lb Chunky Chips

with 1 Full size Milkshake – 2 Scoops of 100% Dairy Ice Cream

eat it all in an hour and its free - or you can do a cheats version and share it between 4 people. Ive not been to this restaurant but I think im going to have to now :D

It's £60 if you don't manage it though.
And £90 for the cheats one :eek:

I feel really sorry for people that don't like mushrooms. They are one of my favorite foods.
Love them on a burger with melty cheese.

Back
Top Bottom