Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

I've been quite enjoying Dixy Chicken burgers recently. I don't know if mine is just better then average, but they are really good and always fresh. It's cheaper then a meal in McDonald's.

Although yesterday the poor lad behind the counter had to deal with 3 folks being rowdy and asking him for tin foil. They didn't buy and chicken. He looked a bit shocked when I told him why they probably wanted tin foil.

Last edited:
Went round a friends house the other day for a light evening snack and was offered a burger and fries for tea

It was a bloody nice burger

Imagine my amazement upon discovering that it was a plant based "Beyond Burger"

To my taste, indistinguishable from a meat burger. I will be either cutting down or totally phasing out meat burgers. Also I'll be checking out the rest of the "Beyond" range - if the rest is as good or better than the burger, I'm sold

Went round a friends house the other day for a light evening snack and was offered a burger and fries for tea

To my taste, indistinguishable from a meat burger. I will be either cutting down or totally phasing out meat burgers. Also I'll be checking out the rest of the "Beyond" range - if the rest is as good or better than the burger, I'm sold
They taste fine but the smell when they’re cooking turns my stomach a bit

It’s the pea protein, they smell like Huel, if you’ve ever tried that?

They taste fine but the smell when they’re cooking turns my stomach a bit

It’s the pea protein, they smell like Huel, if you’ve ever tried that?
That and there's the faint taste of the coconut oil that they use to mimic melted fat. But they are rather yummy, and only the person cooking them has to deal with how they smell "raw".

Saw Heston make that from scratch, it's some odd stuff.
Ours wasn’t as posh as Hestons

It real DIY processed food, probably toxic , definitely not healthy and probably shouldn’t be eaten by anyone 🤣

But it does melt beautifully ……
…….. it involves adding sodium citrate! 😱

Ours wasn’t as posh as Hestons

It real DIY processed food, probably toxic , definitely not healthy and probably shouldn’t be eaten by anyone 🤣

But it does melt beautifully ……
…….. it involves adding sodium citrate! 😱
Yeh that sounds about right lol.

I think I'd rather buy the processed stuff from the supermarket than go to any effort making it at home :D
It’s not really much effort and the processed stuff you get here isn’t anything like as nicenasty as you get in the US or if you make it 😱

Seem to be on offer at Tesco at the moment. Two for £2.50 instead of £4. In the frozen dept.

I had a pub burger for lunch today. Bacon cheeseburger with red onion, lettuce, tomato, mayo and some kind of faintly BBQ relish. It wasn't great tbh, the burger was gristly and the bacon didn't add anything other than salt. But it filled a lunch-shaped hole (and I didn't have to pay, which also helped it down).

I've been "bombarded" by emails from UberEats telling me that my vouchers are still valid for substantial food discounts

I am, this very day, visiting my sister, so Wendy's burgers are going to feature in my time line. Gonna be a good day

Do you know, I've never thought to put fries ON the burger stack, I know what I'm going to do the next time I want a burger.

Get in, looks lush!

Do you know, I've never thought to put fries ON the burger stack, I know what I'm going to do the next time I want a burger.

Every now and again Urban throws up an idea that is so blindingly obvious and a stroke of genius yet until the post you'd never think of in a hundred lifetimes

This is one of those moments, you'll remember this in years to come

Back
Top Bottom