Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

... If I were you, I'd be heading for Fattso, in Wells though.
Back in the summer both me and Mrs Voltz did try a Fattso burger from Wells and to be more than fair if was pretty good. The only down side being the fact that they're a burger van so you only have access to pavement side tables. Alright when it's fine and sunny but a hard not going to happen in the winter

The main pub in my village have pop up food every friday and saturday.

I've just had a double cheese and bacon burger from this lot for £7.50 and is probably one of the best burgers I have had, sorry no pics as just dove straight in after walking home with it ( they also deliver to your table in the pub if you are drinking.)

They are called Crumpy's smoke shack ( You can find them on FB as the link didnt work.)

Stock image:

330458595_1195697411312281_9036426758138157651_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking burger!!

Those chips look excellent...

All home made?

Thanks. Burgers are made in my press, but I cheated on the chips, from the freezer, but they are deep fried. I've never tried hand cutting "fries" suspect my knife skills aren't that good.

I want to try smash burgers at some point, I was going to last night but everything I read suggests you need mince that's at least 20% fat and I only had the 12% stuff.

£22 for this fucker. And £7 a pint to wash it down. Not London, but Highlands of Scotland. :mad:

Everyone else thought it was ace, don't get me wrong it wasn't a bad burger, but FFS. Especially as I did the cooking for the last 3 days with epic portions over 3 meals for £15 a head total.

PXL_20230312_200741444.jpg

It's BBQ season and that means an excuse to eat burgers. Not that I need one, but I don't bother making them often as OH doesn't eat beef or share the same taste in bread as I do. Anyway. We did a small one for just the two of us and I did make a couple. They were pretty average and I'm 90% sure it was the mince just didn't have much flavour. Added pepper and a bit of msg, but if it's not great to start...

What's everyone's favourite type to use? I know ideally you should use 20 to 25% fat, but think that's where I went wrong last time as I think it's much lower grade in other ways (nothing to base that on), but it was that or the 5% stuff in Aldi which would be dry as a bone. Normally look for 10 or 15% but I've not been seeing it as much recently. Maybe I need to find a butcher, but it's a faff to fit in around work.

It's BBQ season and that means an excuse to eat burgers. Not that I need one, but I don't bother making them often as OH doesn't eat beef or share the same taste in bread as I do. Anyway. We did a small one for just the two of us and I did make a couple. They were pretty average and I'm 90% sure it was the mince just didn't have much flavour. Added pepper and a bit of msg, but if it's not great to start...

What's everyone's favourite type to use? I know ideally you should use 20 to 25% fat, but think that's where I went wrong last time as I think it's much lower grade in other ways (nothing to base that on), but it was that or the 5% stuff in Aldi which would be dry as a bone. Normally look for 10 or 15% but I've not been seeing it as much recently. Maybe I need to find a butcher, but it's a faff to fit in around work.
I go for whatever organic mince I can get, usually 12 or 20% fat. Decent enough burger.

Needs a new thread.

Share your home BBQ treats.

I can't be arsed to set it up though, so it will never happen.

We have one :)

I added some olive oil to my last burgers made with 5% fat and they were pretty good. I've read some people add grated cold butter to the burger mix too.
I think a butchers mince is the way to go really though. Our butcher delivers, is that an option UnderOpenSky?

I added some olive oil to my last burgers made with 5% fat and they were pretty good. I've read some people add grated cold butter to the burger mix too.
I think a butchers mince is the way to go really though. Our butcher delivers, is that an option UnderOpenSky?

Oh that's an interesting idea to add fat to good mince if stuck.

I keep being put off by the online ones as they cost more and the high minimum order, but I guess you get what you pay for!

Back
Top Bottom