Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Ok so Wendy's Camden....

I Had;

Dave's Single Burger - Very nice. Actually taste the ingredients rather than just the sauces. (But I need to try the bacon cheeseburger to see if I'd like that more.)

Fries - without doubt the best fries I've had in a while.

Jacket potato with cheese n bacon - a disappointment. Potato looked unappealing but tasted ok. Hot and fluffy. The cheese sauce was beyond synthetic tasting. The bacon was in strips and a bit limp. Not the crisp evenly distributed bacon crumbs I was expecting and hoping for.

Vanilla smoothie - basically milkshake you eat with a spoon. Nice on a 40 degree day but I wouldn't go out of my way for.

Staff
Helpful and attentive.

Sorry no pics. I had demolished the burger before I even thought about it.

Roadside advertising on Haverstock Hill, suggests there is now a Wendy's in Camden. They used to be my favourite burger chain back in the day.

I will be checking them out soon.

This is known as Daves Triple

View attachment 333290

A bit much for me I reckon, but I'll be giving the Baconator a go:

View attachment 333291
They have a special they do occasionally called a portobello mushroom melt. If it’s on get one. Better than a baconator.

Am I going to do this? Am I going to talk about McDonald’s? Fuck. I’m going to do my one massive pet hate and talk about McDonald’s in the burgers thread.

Just had a Big Mac. In the grand league tables of burgers. I don’t change my mind. It was fucking terrible.

But to put things in perspective I pad £5.90 for a ‘large’ meal. Now most places I’ll go burger fries and a drink will likely set me back £15. (Fwiw I’m not doing this all the time. Once a month. Maybe) So let’s put it into perspective. For £6 I got what I expected and you probably won’t find much better for the same price. Although I’m not a fan of fast food places so don’t have much to compare too.

Am I going to do this? Am I going to talk about McDonald’s? Fuck. I’m going to do my one massive pet hate and talk about McDonald’s in the burgers thread.

Just had a Big Mac. In the grand league tables of burgers. I don’t change my mind. It was fucking terrible.

But to put things in perspective I pad £5.90 for a ‘large’ meal. Now most places I’ll go burger fries and a drink will likely set me back £15. (Fwiw I’m not doing this all the time. Once a month. Maybe) So let’s put it into perspective. For £6 I got what I expected and you probably won’t find much better for the same price. Although I’m not a fan of fast food places so don’t have much to compare too.

Yeah never mind the splitters. it's got its place for its price.

I had a McPlant the other day along side a quarter pounder meal. I've actually got the app on my phone which gives you discounts and it was 99p. It clearly wasn't meat, but as McDonald's doesn't taste like proper food anyway, it was remarkably faithful.

Had to order a new burger press sadly, mine has gone missing in the move. Which means it will now turn up. Having a BBQ tomorrow and might well come it to play depending on if the last people confirm in the morning. But there is 3kg of pork to be cooked. 😃

Last edited:
Ended up having a Baconator(?) meal from Wendy's last week and sister had the veggie option with added avocado.

Was ordered through Uber eats and as it was my first (and only order until I return to Croydon) it was substantially discounted even allowing for delivery cost and tip

It was everything, and more, that I'd hoped for in the 34 YEAR wait since my last one - the only let down was the chocolate shake or drink, whatever, a McDonald's shake is better but a thick shake from a (UK based) OK diner knocks them all into a cocked hat

Last edited:
Been thinking about my recent burger intake, and apart from when I've made them at home they've all been Five Guys, who I've concluded have perfected the takeaway burger.
I agree. Plenty of somewhat justified criticism of Five Guys for their prices, but for a non sit-down burger, they're the best I've had. The hot dogs they do are excellent too.

I agree. Plenty of somewhat justified criticism of Five Guys for their prices, but for a non sit-down burger, they're the best I've had. The hot dogs they do are excellent too.

I keep meaning to try one, but the prices seem to be similar to a proper sit down meal and my partner doesn't eat burgers so feels like an indulgence to go just for myself. I obviously need to find a reason to indulge myself. :)

I keep meaning to try one, but the prices seem to be similar to a proper sit down meal and my partner doesn't eat burgers so feels like an indulgence to go just for myself. I obviously need to find a reason to indulge myself. :)
Had a few in the pandemic takeaway, very good, also decent fries which they were generous with too

I don't really mind the price tbh. They are so far ahead of the other mass-market burger chains it's worth the extra
Five Guys are consistently decent. And as you say I don't mind paying a bit more for something good.

I also like that you can just order a burger with whatever toppings you want, rather than having to decipher a menu full of stupid burger names :D

How much do they cost?
Got a great little place a short walk from my house where they go from about seven quid to about a tenner.

Back
Top Bottom