Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

These were from Aldi - I’ve had a sweet potato one and a beetroot one. I think I’ve got another mushroom one in the freezer - perhaps it’s having frozen them that’s the issue :confused:. Will look out for the bean ones.

Why you doing the veggie ones at the moment? Is it a health thing? My OH doesn't eat beef which is frustrating at times, but probably good for my waist line.

A mix of health, cost and thinking about the bigger climate picture.
Finding it hard to be meat-free without just eating more carbs.

My conclusion so far is I’ve not been buying the right veggie burgers. They weren’t very tasty but then I’m not a great cook :D

I don't have any photos, but I tried the Beyond Meat burgers last week.

They had a whiff of catfood when I opened the packet, which I did not like. I cooked them with onions to try to get a bit of flavour into them, and had them on a wholewheat muffin with horseradish and lettuce on the bottom and HP brown sauce on the top with the onions. No cheese.

They were ok, not sure I would have them again as they didn't really taste of anything and I felt hungry within a couple of hours, which I don't with a beef burger.

I had the same combination but with a beef burger at lunch today, and enjoyed it much more. I may well have one for my lunch today. We shall see.

These were from Aldi - I’ve had a sweet potato one and a beetroot one. I think I’ve got another mushroom one in the freezer - perhaps it’s having frozen them that’s the issue :confused:. Will look out for the bean ones.
I have cooked burgers from frozen in the oven before now. It does take longer but the burger is properly cooked through.

Had beef burgers for lunch. Aldi Welsh steak burgers, just with bacon and cheese.

Usually my food pictures get slated so don’t know why I’m letting myself in for more dissing :facepalm:

F1F67E1B-BD8E-4DB0-8FB5-D00F199F86DC.jpeg

They tasted fine and the burger really holds its shape

Couldn’t find the spicy bean burgers in Aldi but the one I go to after work has a weird layout which I don’t like so maybe I missed them.

Had beef burgers for lunch. Aldi Welsh steak burgers, just with bacon and cheese.

Usually my food pictures get slated so don’t know why I’m letting myself in for more dissing :facepalm:

View attachment 313764

Couldn’t find the spicy bean burgers in Aldi but the one I go to after work has a weird layout which I don’t like so maybe I missed them.

Half of the point of being here is to diss one another's food choices and photos mate :D

No dissing from me for that one though, looks good, I would.

View attachment 313764

No we're supportive here. Unlike those splitters on the other thread.

Looks good btw

Beer and burgers last night. Not bad for a pub meal and the dog is allowed in. She didn't get a burger, but did get some halloumi fries (not pictured).

View attachment 316500
But HOW do you eat such a thing?

The more I see of burgers like this the more I'm warming to the concept of sliders, sensible size, one handed eating, minimal to no mess, have three or four either the same or topped differently and some killer fries maybe with a proper KFC style gravy as a side... may be

There’s a place that does sliders in Marlborough, Wiltshire. Think it’s part of a chain, anyway they have about 15 different varieties
I've just had a look at their Web site and they seem to be falling into the "taller is better" school, which when you're starting with a slider is a bit like balancing a snooker cue on its end

The sliders look alright, and with a fair bit of squashing I'm sure some could just about eat, but they look, to my taste, a bit "unnecessary" and, £4 for a slider is too much

I've just scrolled further down their menu and looked at their milk shakes... just wrong. They're going the way of America, you can have to much of a good thing especially £10 for a fucking milk shake

I've just scrolled further down their menu and looked at their milk shakes... just wrong. They're going the way of America, you can have to much of a good thing especially £10 for a fucking milk shake
I guess they’re after the Marlborough College students, I’ve not been myself.

I’ve come up with a solution for the ‘too tall to eat problem’! I did this yesterday. If the place sells foot long hotdogs just get them to put the ingredients in a baguette or hotdog bun (get the kitchen to slice the patties in half). Works really well. I’ll get a photo next time i get one.

Back
Top Bottom