Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

You asked a question so I feel the need to answer it. Don't assume I'm piling on two days later (Sometimes I don't come on here for days)

Yes I can read. Your wording made out we were 'losing sight of the fast food on the go promise of burgers!'

Which isn't really an opinion on sit-down fancy burgers! Its completely disregarding them.

Of course it is an opinion, it isn't me saying "that is not allowed to be posted here" which I haven't ever said.

So is everyone else BUT me allowed to have an opinion?

Is this some sort of cross-thread beef that I am unaware of or don't recall?

Of course it is an opinion, it isn't me saying "that is not allowed to be posted here" which I haven't ever said.

So is everyone else BUT me allowed to have an opinion?

Is this some sort of cross-thread beef that I am unaware of or don't recall?
We'll agree to disagree, if that's how you put across an opinion, fair enough. Maybe telling the whole thread what we're losing sight of though, isn't the way to go about it.

I've no beef with you, or anyone on here. Whatever is going on in other threads I'm completely oblivious off.

And I'll carry on posting my opinions, I'm not going to be bullied into being shut up by people who twist my words and make out that I am dictating what can and can't be posted or discussed. I am not the one doing that here. Now please kindly sod off and leave me alone.

Ooh brisket, that's even cheaper than steak for mince, get in. Might have to replicate that next time I get some brisket, would be great for day 2 leftovers :)

I've actually got a meat mincing attachment for my food mixer. I guess one of these days I should try grinding my own to do serious burgers. It's hard though as OH doesn't eat beef, so feels a bit decadent doing it for one.

I've actually got a meat mincing attachment for my food mixer. I guess one of these days I should try grinding my own to do serious burgers. It's hard though as OH doesn't eat beef, so feels a bit decadent doing it for one.

Yeah I know what you mean! Sometimes stuff is a bit of effort for just the one meat eater, but you could do a few and freeze some for future use. :thumbs:

When I was a kid we (barely anyone was veggie in those days tbh) had one of those mincers that clamp to the side of a table.

You can do it with the chopping blade of a food processor but you should chill the raw meat in the freezer first, and also chill the processor bowl and blade, and just do it with like 3 pulses so you have a rough chop. It's not going to be as smooth as a mincer (but is still good for burgers) and you won't need to if you've got a mincing attachment, but with the blade you have to be careful about not starting to melt the fat or turn it to mush.

Christ that's massive, is that for 1 or 2 people? :D

Feeling bloated just looking at it, I do love an onion ring though :D

Edit: If it is for 1 though I prefer the 2 burger thing over the massive tower that can't be eaten without being taken apart first.
I agree with Epona on this front. Two smaller mouth sized burgers for the win

That's mainly what's putting me off Spymaster's earlier post where he put me in the direction of Fattso in Wells. Stupid height double stack burger that had to be eaten in my car as its a burger wagon. Don't get me wrong mind, they do look nice

I agree with Epona on this front. Two smaller mouth sized burgers for the win

That's mainly what's putting me off Spymaster's earlier post where he put me in the direction of Fattso in Wells. Stupid height double stack burger that had to be eaten in my car as its a burger wagon. Don't get me wrong mind, they do look nice

Did it come with a sheet of plastic to cover your car seats and floor due to inevitable spillage? :D

Christ that's massive, is that for 1 or 2 people? :D

Feeling bloated just looking at it, I do love an onion ring though :D

Edit: If it is for 1 though I prefer the 2 burger thing over the massive tower that can't be eaten without being taken apart first.
It's two but they were small burgers or rissoles as we call them. I saved one for tomorrow's lunch. I couldn't eat all the onion rings either.

It's two but they were small burgers or rissoles as we call them. I saved one for tomorrow's lunch. I couldn't eat all the onion rings either.

Ah that makes sense! I do worry that the bread to meat ratio is a bit high, but they (or sliders which I think are similar) are at least manageable in terms of picking them up and eating them.

I found some venison burgers in the local Tesco. They were rather disappointing.
I think a good venison burger needs to be mixed with a certain amount of fat, so if the venison wasn't mixed with a good amount of say pork, I suspect it would be quite dry as venison is a lean meat.

I'm in a sausage making Facebook group (yes I know) and there's lots of Americans who hunt. Pork fat is considered required when making things from Venison apparently.

I'm in a sausage making Facebook group (yes I know) and there's lots of Americans who hunt. Pork fat is considered required when making things from Venison apparently.
Belly pork is my go to for that sort of thing.
I was making sausages until we moved here. Now all the suff is boxed away in the shed.

Have you made boerewors sausages yet? They were my favourite for the bbq.

Belly pork is my go to for that sort of thing.
I was making sausages until we moved here. Now all the suff is boxed away in the shed.

Have you made boerewors sausages yet? They were my favourite for the bbq.

I only did a couple of batches. Realised that although the attachment I got for grinding is fine, it's terrible at the stuffing part. So really I need a manual one. Can't really justify the space at the moment. Maybe when we move!

I only did a couple of batches. Realised that although the attachment I got for grinding is fine, it's terrible at the stuffing part. So really I need a manual one. Can't really justify the space at the moment. Maybe when we move!
Yeah that's the problem I had. Its great making them but you need a spare cupboard for all the crap you need to do it.
I got a cheap plastic filler on ebay.

Might get it all out in the summer.

Last edited:
I've bought some mince for tonight and pursaded her to have veggie burgers so I can indulge. Can't decide to play it safe and use the burger press or try smash burgers? Never done them before. Got streaky bacon and brioche buns (because I like them)

Going to lightly boil some spuds afrer lunch for home made chips!

Triumph. Didn't do smash burgers as felt I didn't have a good enough tool, but what I'd never done was fry any burger in a really good pan at a high heat.

My chips were still a bit damp so I coated them in cornflour and spice and frankly they went next level.

I'm really glad I did this as I've been eating to much Mcdonalds recently, but honestly it's shit in comparison to proper food. :)

IMG_20220226_195920.jpg

IMG_20220226_195942.jpg

Veggie burgers for me yesterday. No pics but they suffered from being a bit damp / squishy which meant they fell apart. Also got my burger layering tekkers wrong I think.

I’ve not had any meat since Tuesday but would have wolfed down those burgers UnderAnOpenSky

If you like the veggie stuff have you tried the Aldi spicy bean burgers? They're good as they aren't pretending to be something they're not and I guess their popular as out of the 4 or so meat free ones they do now, they are most often sold out.

Back
Top Bottom