Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Yeah a butchers delivery is a good option. Or maybe find a local farm also delivers. I keep meaning to look into something like this for fruit and veg, possibly meat, but I am trying to find one which won’t give me the stuff I won’t want to eat - things like whole chickens, 1kg potatoes etc

Well I've taken a chance folks and ordered from Meat in the Box. £50 to get free next day delivery and we've having a few people round, so it's worth it. Actually gone full circle as ordered their burgers rather then making my own, as I also want to smoke various meats and other bits in addition, as well as trying to make seiten for the first time. Not sure I've got the freezer space to do it that often, but having people round for outside eating on Saturday should mean we'll use a good amount.

Last year for my birthday my sister got me a box from Swaledale butchers. If I ever go up a tax bracket I'd be happy to spend a lot of money with them!

Last edited:
Yeah a butchers delivery is a good option. Or maybe find a local farm also delivers. I keep meaning to look into something like this for fruit and veg, possibly meat, but I am trying to find one which won’t give me the stuff I won’t want to eat - things like whole chickens, 1kg potatoes etc

It does require a certain amount of planning. Or rather planning around what's sent. Never done one with meat, but we've recently got a veg box. I think it's quite expensive for what it is, but it's got my partner more interested in what we eat and helping with the cooking, so for that it's priceless.

I had a Whopper tonight with onion rings and a large Fanta Ice Lemon. :)

For some reason their milkshake machine is always broken :(

I prefer a Whopper to a Big Mac ..

I didn't have much choice as the lights in my kitchen are all out and drying as we had a water leak from the upstairs which ran down the light fittings. They are all currently drying out.

Grrrr :)

I had a Whopper tonight with onion rings and a large Fanta Ice Lemon. :)

For some reason their milkshake machine is always broken :(

I prefer a Whopper to a Big Mac ..

I find Whoppers very variable in quality depending on which branch you go to.
Back in the day I used to go to Wimpy for their half-pounder (I used to cycle everywhere in those days, needed the calories :hmm: ) which was definitely a superior burger to the other fast food burger chains.
These days we have a Wendy's which is top of my list, and their skin-on fries are pretty good.

Currently wanting to try a double Big Mac tho :oops:

Sometimes the shite ones are the best.

View attachment 380413

Does what it says on the tin, beef burger in a bun with some cheese, meat to bread ratio is favourable, you can hold it in your hand and eat it on the move if need be without fancy stuff on it or needing a skewer to hold it together while it is delivered to your gastropub table on a slate with a side of 4 precisely cut chips in a miniature bucket for slightly shy of £20.

Last edited:
Burgers, like hot dogs, were designed to be cheap and cheerful things to be eaten when on the go. How they have been transformed into the monstrosities served on plates (if you're lucky) in restaurants is a mystery. If you are going to eat something with a knife and fork, what's the point of making an improbable stack of it? Nobody really likes burger buns anyway, and if you're going to insist you do for the sake of perversity, you can have one on the side.

Burgers, like hot dogs, were designed to be cheap and cheerful things to be eaten when on the go. How they have been transformed into the monstrosities served on plates (if you're lucky) in restaurants is a mystery. If you are going to eat something with a knife and fork, what's the point of making an improbable stack of it? Nobody really likes burger buns anyway, and if you're going to insist you do for the sake of perversity, you can have one on the side.
What? You remove the buns or have I got this wrong?
What kind of shit rolls have you been eating?
Why would you need a knife and fork? Also in a restaurant, whats wrong with this? It is a restaurant, not a drive through serving a foot high burger. Unless I am missing something somewhere.

Currently wanting to try a double Big Mac tho :oops:
I kinda prefer the Grand Big Mac when it's available. It just seems the right size with the right meat to everything else ratio.
It's hard to fault MacDo on quality control. At least you always know what you're going to get, and that's where Burger King (and, tangentially, especially KFC) fall down.

Thought to stop off at a Burger King the other day, it's been a very long time since I've had a fast food burger, so I was looking forward to one

Only to be told by the young chap that all orders at done through the touch screen and he'd help me if necessary

I'm quite happy speaking to someone so walked out, layer that day I tried a McDonald's but they were queueing into the middle of next week so was cheated from there as well

Thought to stop off at a Burger King the other day, it's been a very long time since I've had a fast food burger, so I was looking forward to one

Only to be told by the young chap that all orders at done through the touch screen and he'd help me if necessary

I'm quite happy speaking to someone so walked out, layer that day I tried a McDonald's but they were queueing into the middle of next week so was cheated from there as well

I like the touch screens. Allows me to customise this gs easily without sounding fussy.

I kinda prefer the Grand Big Mac when it's available. It just seems the right size with the right meat to everything else ratio.
It's hard to fault MacDo on quality control. At least you always know what you're going to get, and that's where Burger King (and, tangentially, especially KFC) fall down.

Double 1/4 pounder also hits that spot.

Couldn't agree more about BK which given as they cost more is more important. But done well a XL Bacon Double can be amazing.

I like the touch screens. Allows me to customise this gs easily without sounding fussy.

Double 1/4 pounder also hits that spot.

Couldn't agree more about BK which given as they cost more is more important. But done well a XL Bacon Double can be amazing.

I really hate the touch screens, a) I think there is something wrong with my fingertips where the fuckers just do not respond to me (I have the same issue with smartphones tbf) and b) ugh I am putting my hands all over the screen that someone else just touched in between coughing on it and picking their nose/scratching their arse and now I am going to go and pick up my burger and fries at the counter and eat it with my hands that just touched all that?

I'm not some sort of manic germaphobe, but I do favour basic fucking hygiene.

App order instead? I tend to get McDonald’s when travelling so
It’s usually via a drive thru

Oh yeah I mean I can go and order at the counter still if need be (I don't go to fast food places often enough to have apps installed for them) so there are workarounds, but it just strikes me as being particularly poor hygiene - I wonder if anyone's ever swabbed the things and tested for fecal matter, urine etc, because I bet it wouldn't come up much cleaner mid-afternoon than the mythical bowl of peanuts on the bar at the pub that we've all known for a long time to avoid :D

Oh yeah I mean I can go and order at the counter still if need be (I don't go to fast food places often enough to have apps installed for them) so there are workarounds, but it just strikes me as being particularly poor hygiene - I wonder if anyone's ever swabbed the things and tested for fecal matter, urine etc, because I bet it wouldn't come up much cleaner mid-afternoon than the mythical bowl of peanuts on the bar at the pub that we've all known for a long time to avoid :D

They have and it's grim. 😂

I think my preferred cheese for burgers is now gouda. Seems to go a nice consistency when melted.

See I love cheese, but don't like most on burgers. Much as I like cheddar for example it seems wrong on a burger as I can't taste the meat. I'd give gouda a try though. :)

Back
Top Bottom