Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

I do like the whole smash burger thing - it's like all of us who have been making burgers all our lives without a burger press are suddenly all cool and trendy :D

That ^ looks absolutely fucking lush btw. I would with bells on.

Oh just out of curiosity, where do you get your sesame seed burger buns?
I find them nigh on impossible to buy, other than the Iceland bag of frozen sesame seed burger buns (I've never bought those, am just aware that they exist!)

Last edited:
They're brioche from Aldi, but I've seen them in Asda as well. I don't make burgers quite as much as I'd Ias I have to eat the whole pack of buns and they don't work for me with standard sandwich things. However we had a BBQ last week and it was still good, probably all the fat!

I'd never done smash before, I've got a burger press, but before that I'd hand shape them. The pushing them really flat thing is a new and tasty method to me.

They're brioche from Aldi, but I've seen them in Asda as well. I don't make burgers quite as much as I'd Ias I have to eat the whole pack of buns and they don't work for me with standard sandwich things. However we had a BBQ last week and it was still good, probably all the fat!

I'd never done smash before, I've got a burger press, but before that I'd hand shape them. The pushing them really flat thing is a new and tasty method to me.
I do like the crispy bits around the edge which I think are the point of doing it like that - very flavourful.

I'm in McDonald's for the first time in ages. Jesus it's got expensive. Luckily 20% discount helps.They now want 60p for a slice of cheese added to an order.

I had a weird hankering for it, but these days I'd normally have something from a local takeaway if I'm feeling naughty, although luckily since I stopped being a field engineer there's a lot less temptation.

PXL_20240730_111341364.jpg

I'm in McDonald's for the first time in ages. Jesus it's got expensive. Luckily 20% discount helps.They now want 60p for a slice of cheese added to an order.

I had a weird hankering for it, but these days I'd normally have something from a local takeaway if I'm feeling naughty, although luckily since I stopped being a field engineer there's a lot less temptation.

View attachment 435672

Looks drier than Ghandi’s flip-flop

I like the quarterpounder with cheese, but the double is way too dry, the meat to condiment ratio is all off.

I've been putting off trying the double big mac for similar reasons (would appreciate advice about this, it looks tempting but I fear it's just too much meat in relation to other ingredients).

I mean if shouldn't be dry unless overcooked or use meat which is to lean. And of course there's the melted cheese.

If I'm making burgers at home the double quarter pounder starts to look a little deficient in the protein department. And my burgers aren't dry, even without doing the silly rare burger thing.

Not talking about making them at home, talking about what comes out of a McD's.
I think their double qps are too dry, the patties are too thin and dry out, and there's way too much meat in comparison with other ingredients, even with cheese. It needs something else to balance it.
The single is fine. (Had one the other day and it was perfectly OK, although I wish they would put it in a wider bun rather than the edge of the patty hanging out round the sides of a regular diameter bun, it seems like a wider patty is an afterthought.)

I like the quarterpounder with cheese, but the double is way too dry, the meat to condiment ratio is all off.

I've been putting off trying the double big mac for similar reasons (would appreciate advice about this, it looks tempting but I fear it's just too much meat in relation to other ingredients).
Double Mac has extra sauce. You can't accuse it of being dry, more that what's a fairly decent treat gets a bit sickly at double the amounts. Doesn't stop me though.

^^^ this.

I’ve had it twice, first time thought nah can’t be this bad, had it again and was confirmed.

Was at a wedding in Bath yesterday which meant I got to go via my favourite burger shop, Schwartz Bros. By far the best vegetarian burgers, and have been doing them with all the same fillings etc as meaty burgers for as long as I can remember (so at least since 2007??).

Couldn't take a picture of the Big Al as I was too busy wolfing it down.

IMG-20240802-WA0003.jpeg

Sadly I left my can of Tango on the roof of my car and it fell off as I drove up a big hill. :facepalm:

Was at a wedding in Bath yesterday which meant I got to go via my favourite burger shop, Schwartz Bros. By far the best vegetarian burgers, and have been doing them with all the same fillings etc as meaty burgers for as long as I can remember (so at least since 2007??).

Couldn't take a picture of the Big Al as I was too busy wolfing it down.

View attachment 436308

Sadly I left my can of Tango on the roof of my car and it fell off as I drove up a big hill. :facepalm:
In absence of a photo I googled and looked at the menu and jaysus fucking h christ the prices are a bit much for a takeaway burger, so it had fucking better be beyond unbelievably good!
RIP your £1.85 can of Tango :(

(I feel the need to point out that I am one of the working class proles who posts here, I am most likely to be found posting such delights as "how much???" and tips about how to make your meals go further. Interspersed with general panic about how the world is going - so pretty much a regular urbanite then :D ).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom