Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Village/Granville Arcade indoor market, Brixton

I'm going to bed now having over indulged prior to my birthday weekend. I shall host no guests nor entertain requests for my company. I have caught bird flu.

Reactions: han
That secret code doesn't work for me. Seems pretty stupid to set up a delivery service that needs a secret code in order to access.
They are probably changing it each day - best to contact the directly via twitter.

I am guessing that the secret code is to limit the numbers of new members so that they aren't swamped and fail to keep up with demand. Probably want to make sure they are up and running properly before opening it up fully. Again maybe you should just ask them via twitter.

Despite being positive about the changes in Brixton market, it was so crowded today that it was little fun.

Still, it turned out that Focaccia, the remnant of the Bellantoni restaurant, does lovely sandwiches.

Despite being positive about the changes in Brixton market, it was so crowded today that it was little fun.

Still, it turned out that Focaccia, the remnant of the Bellantoni restaurant, does lovely sandwiches.

I noticed when i went out late afternoon that the main drag was especially busy, not in an irritating way, just very crowded.

I played at a bar in clapham earlier what a fucking vile place, There's yuppies pissing on walls and in doorways every 2 to 3 yards on the high street.

They are probably changing it each day - best to contact the directly via twitter.

I am guessing that the secret code is to limit the numbers of new members so that they aren't swamped and fail to keep up with demand. Probably want to make sure they are up and running properly before opening it up fully. Again maybe you should just ask them via twitter.

What if you don't use twatter? Don't take me wrong, it's a great idea and I would certainly use it, but their marketing is pretty poor

You can tell if someone is a yuppie just by walking past them as they piss? :D
Surrounded by yuppie bars, Dressed like a yuppie, sounds like a yuppie "yah" ! and behaving like a yuppie. didnt notice any skinheads, Rasta's , chavs, football casuals.punks. hippies, men in boiler suits or even one leggged aliens. just yuppie's pissing outside yuppie bars in a yuppie area being laughed at(and filmed) by there yuppie mates.

Surrounded by yuppie bars, Dressed like a yuppie, sounds like a yuppie "yah" ! and behaving like a yuppie. didnt notice any skinheads, Rasta's , chavs, football casuals.punks. hippies, men in boiler suits or even one leggged aliens. just yuppie's pissing outside yuppie bars in a yuppie area being laughed at(and filmed) by there yuppie mates.
Not sure what it's like very lately but Clapham was very much a "weekend destination" for a long while. Quite Essexy.

Passed the whitehouse recently and it has been shutdown/closed and looks like it's up for sale(more affordable housing no doubt):) Aqum you are right about but also draws the yups as well! cant speak for revolution but all in all clarm is a vile pretentious dive.

There was a bunch of laaaads shouting and bellowing at the tops of their voices in the middle of Coldharbour Lane at about 3am last night in a manner that I would imagine would have been, shall we say, frowned upon, five years ago.

There was a bunch of laaaads shouting and bellowing at the tops of their voices in the middle of Coldharbour Lane at about 3am last night in a manner that I would imagine would have been, shall we say, frowned upon, five years ago.

Earlier this year, I popped out to get some beers in the small hours. There were some LADS bellowing whilst watching a man who was severely hurt on the ground crying out in pain and distress. One of them commented 'that's what happens when a white man comes to brixton'. BTW they were also white :(

I played at a bar in clapham earlier what a fucking vile place

Looks like it's all got too much for some people in one part of Clapham.......
http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/Services/...ment/EMROCornerWandsworthRdNorthStClapham.htm

http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/Services/...t/DocumentsEMROWandsworthRdNorthStClapham.htm

An EMRO has the effect of blanket banning the sale of alcohol beyond a specific time, over a geographic area so affects any and all venues currently operating or those wishing to operate in the future. It can operate at any time between the hours of midnight and 6am.

The council, in its capacity as licensing authority, may make an EMRO where it has identified crime and disorder issues in a specific area attributable to the supply of alcohol at two or more premises in that area and has sufficient evidence to demonstrate it is appropriate for the promotion of the licensing objectives, namely the prevention of crime and disorder; public safety; the prevention of public nuisance and the protection of children from harm.

That'll be Artesian Well and Lost Society (previously cafe des artistes). I know some people who have moved away from there who said it became a nightmare after Artesian opened up.
I used to live up there, Cafe des Artistes used to be quite a chilled place IIRC, what happened ?

Back
Top Bottom