Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Village/Granville Arcade indoor market, Brixton

Bumping this thread as The Artesian Well is no more! The place has been boarded up this week- though to be honest it might have been closed for longer. I just noticed the boards being put up this week.

Blimey - I can remember it being refurbished and re-opening from being the Nag's Head! I used to live very near it. Only went in once (daytime) but it was quite an interesting-looking place, though I had no desire to go in at night.......

Blimey - I can remember it being refurbished and re-opening from being the Nag's Head! I used to live very near it. Only went in once (daytime) but it was quite an interesting-looking place, though I had no desire to go in at night.......
I went in once at night. It was fairly exceptional in that it is rare that I dislike a venue so much.

I went in once at night. It was fairly exceptional in that it is rare that I dislike a venue so much.
From what you have told us you seem to be a man of eclectic taste, what was it about this joint that that got your back up ?

From what you have told us you seem to be a man of eclectic taste, what was it about this joint that that got your back up ?
Testosterone on turbo, dull music, miserable staff, queues and aggressive bouncers.
Other than that it was ok.

ETA Oh - and jammed like sardines. Horrible.

Last edited:
The (guffaw) 'new community space' that is Lost In Brixton now looks like an entrance to a club with bag searching, ID demanding bouncers, dress code on the door and early ejection of pets and anyone under drinking age at 5pm.

Farcical.

Back
Top Bottom