Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Homophobia in Brixton

Does the rapper/mc have homophobic lyrics in his work? If so, you could call him out on it anonymously online and hopefully it might affect his career, thats of course if he even has much of one. He should definitely be barred from the pub for that behaviour too, if was you i'd be very perturbed if i saw him in there again with the staff not taking action to keep him out.

Look up Sections 4,4a and 5 of the Public Order Act 1985/1986.

You don't actually have to hit someone to be guilty of a gender/racial crime.

Last edited:
Does the rapper/mc have homophobic lyrics in his work? If so, you could call him out on it anonymously online and hopefully it might affect his career, thats of course if he even has much of one. He should definitely be barred from the pub for that behaviour too, if was you i'd be very perturbed if i saw him in there again with the staff not taking action to keep him out.
He's banned and I've told them that if he's ever let in when I'm playing I'll unplug the decks and leave.

I posted on FB about this and although I didn't mention him by name, several women recognised the description and have been in touch with some awful stories - and at least two other venues have now banned him from performing (I didn't ask them to, but they did anyway, which is nice).

He's banned and I've told them that if he's ever let in when I'm playing I'll unplug the decks and leave.

I posted on FB about this and although I didn't mention him by name, several women recognised the description and have been in touch with some awful stories - and at least two other venues have now banned him from performing (I didn't ask them to, but they did anyway, which is nice).
Fair play to you and sorry you were subjected to such abusive behaviour.

While found living in London to be mostly tolerant with so many good people, there were some horrible incidents and this brings it all back.

The bloke needs to be taken down a peg or two and his homophobic and misogynistic behaviour needs to be called out on. So it's good he's got the boot.

Both amazes and saddens that bigotry is on the rise, not the fall.

Didn't any of the Albert staff step in? That's fucked up. Sorry you had to experience that.

I'd report it up the police. Homophobic abuse is a hate crime. I'd also be having a chat with The Albert management.

If you go to a place and there is a DJ, if you do not like the music, go somewhere else.
There should be consequences.

Back
Top Bottom