Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BrewDog: yet another hip company using 'rebel' language to sell its stuff

Ironic that Spymaster is banned for one of their least trolling posts on this thread

(If you want to dispute a moderation take it to the feedback forum)
Oh give over. Spy made it very clear that he doesn't even like or care about BrewDog. He was on this thread to troll, make mischief, and goad. He even posted at one point that without him the thread had 'died'. It was all a game for him.

Oh give over. Spy made it very clear that he doesn't even like or care about BrewDog. He was on this thread to troll, make mischief, and goad. He even posted at one point that without him the thread had 'died'. It was all a game for him.
What are you on the thread for?

What is anyone on the thread for for that matter

Spynaster's description of what he does seemed to potentially breach the GDPR in places.
Those were my thoughts but, after Spymaster took the time to explain himself in a PM to me yesterday, it seems that it is his clients that may or may not be compliant. He says that his companies merely develop and market the wherewithal for other businesses to contact potential clients. I hope I have related that information accurately. This post was prompted by his second, more widely circulated PM.

e2a: all that said, I don't think that was readily clear in Spymaster's interactions with editor

From my rudimentary knowledge of GDPR, you might be able to justify a single contact with someone as legitimate interest. What would not be justified is then continuing to hold that personal data and making repeated contact if they haven't consented to receiving the emails.

I'm sure that's true, but from the little that I've read over the last 24 hours, it seems clear to me that in the instance that Editor related, Brewdog were the data handlers and, as such, were/are subject to the provisions of GDPR.
They may have just bought access to a mailing list?

Friends were visiting London and wanted to meet at the big one by Waterloo as apparently it is great for children and sure enough on a Sunday day it was heaving with parents and children.

Anyway now the spoons has opened next door I wonder if that'll kill it. The beer will be so much cheaper for one

So, rather than making a general accusation at someone’s work - who can’t even reply - why not actually state where/how they’re in breach of legislation?
Because obviously not all the exact details have been provided, so I cannot be as precise as you demand with my answer.

But in general terms, if the person's explicit permission has not been given to be added to a) a mailing list and b) for the specific purpose of being contacted about random marketing 'opportunities', then the GDPR may potentially have been breached.

There's also the possibility of c) their details being kept for an unspecified period of time which is not GDPR compliant.

Yet you were confident that enough details had been provided for you to post your doubts about the legality of their business model.
I said 'potential breaches' in my original post. I then followed up my post with some more details.

I would liken my responses to a 'that doesn't sound right' and a follow up 'that doesn't sound right because of reasons x,y,z'.

Back
Top Bottom