Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BrewDog: yet another hip company using 'rebel' language to sell its stuff

At our union meeting today, a member was asking whether Brewdog scrapping the living wage could be a sign that other employers, such as ours, might be about to do the same. Pretty sure the answer is no cos we have an actual unionised workforce and so our employer would have a lot more of a fight on their hands if they wanted to try it, but I thought the urban brewdog caucus would be pleased to know people are talking about their faves.

At our union meeting today, a member was asking whether Brewdog scrapping the living wage could be a sign that other employers, such as ours, might be about to do the same. Pretty sure the answer is no cos we have an actual unionised workforce and so our employer would have a lot more of a fight on their hands if they wanted to try it, but I thought the urban brewdog caucus would be pleased to know people are talking about their faves.

Did anyone point out that BD haven't scrapped the living wage, at all?

Did anyone point out that BD haven't scrapped the living wage, at all?
Christ, I'm glad I don't have you on the team that negotiates my pay. Although tbf having negotiators who actually negotiate can be quite a slow process, I suppose it would all be much faster if it just went:
Spymaster: Our members are saying that they want you to commit to continue paying the living wage.
Employer: We are not going to continue paying everyone the living wage. ❤️
Spymaster: Ah, amazing, that's brilliant! Thank you so much! 😍

Christ, I'm glad I don't have you on the team that negotiates my pay. Although tbf having negotiators who actually negotiate can be quite a slow process, I suppose it would all be much faster if it just went:
Spymaster: Our members are saying that they want you to commit to continue paying the living wage.
Employer: We are not going to continue paying everyone the living wage. ❤️
Spymaster: Ah, amazing, that's brilliant! Thank you so much! 😍

Like Broggers, you’re not understanding what you’re talking about. The living wage is not the same as the Real Living Wage.

Pretty much nobody in the hospitality industry pays the Real Living Wage.

The fact that BD did for many years is very much to their credit.

Genius.

Like Broggers, you’re not understanding what you’re talking about. The living wage is not the same as the Real Living Wage.

Pretty much nobody in the hospitality industry pays the Real Living Wage.

The fact that BD did for many years is very much to their credit.

Genius.
No lack of understanding here. As I correctly posted above, the Brewdog business has scrapped the RLW for any new staff and reverted to the national, statutory minimum wage rate. The fact the vermin have chosen to style the over 23 NMW as the "NLW" is neither here nor there in this dismal story of BD clawing back £ from their low paid workforce in order to make their IPO more attractive to potential investors.

... Brewdog business has scrapped the RLW for any new staff and reverted to the national, statutory minimum wage rate.

No they didn't, but I can understand why someone like you would choose to spread untruths about it.

They withdrew from their commitment to the Real Living Wage, but have maintained their commitment to the living wage.

No lack of understanding here. As I correctly posted above, the Brewdog business has scrapped the RLW for any new staff and reverted to the national, statutory minimum wage rate. The fact the vermin have chosen to style the over 23 NMW as the "NLW" is neither here nor there in this dismal story of BD clawing back £ from their low paid workforce in order to make their IPO more attractive to potential investors.

Let's do this in baby steps for you Broggers.

Are BD still paying the living wage to all employees, including new starters?

Yes or no?

No they didn't, but I can understand why someone like you would choose to spread untruths about it.

They withdrew from their commitment to the Real Living Wage, but have maintained their commitment to the living wage.
You’re just exposing your own lack of understanding; it is nonsense to cast their pay cut for new staff as an “ commitment to the living wage”. The So-called NLW is merely a rebranded (over23) NMW. Any “lack of commitment “ to that would result in BD breaking employment law. Suggest you read up on this.

Back
Top Bottom