Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

boardgames!

Nothing for myself but i got Outfoxxed for my nephew and niece, co-op mystery solving deduction game for kids, looked good, haven't heard of it's been played yet

We got Mars:2049, but it turned out to be in German. So that's going to be a voyage of exploration. Or Erkundung, as it were.

Carcassonne.

The expansion for Flamme Rouge (which has cobbles! And a breakaway! And two special teams!)

I bought the 8 yr old Castle Panic. And santa got him the expansion for King of New York.

They're all good. But I just want to play Gloomhaven. :D

Had a game of Mysterium.

I was the ghost. It was fun but not without challenge even on easy mode. There were at least two or three times when I looked at all my dream/vision cards and was stumped.
We had a game of that the other day and I was the ghost. Kind of a non game really. But fun enough.

I love Mysterium. Yes, is sometimes heart-crushingly infuriating when you've got nothing in front of you, or the mediums are going down the completely wrong path, but that's part of the challenge.

My parents and their friends weren't great fans, mind... :hmm:

I mean it in the nicest possible way. I enjoy it.

I mean that there isn't really anything to it, ultimately other than one guess at the end. The other elements are immaterial.

Jaipur. Carcassonne. Convince me someone. There are two of us. We love card games.

Why does Jaipur cost £18?

As an aside I managed to play some decent games of the star wars rpg (fantasy flight ver) with my students

I want to spent some time to construct a campaign

I hear the new Necromunda can be played old school or using a new tile based system. I dunno, could work. After I read about new Necromunda I looked at some new 40k lore because why not and everythings changed up from what it was. Pirimaris?

Jaipur. Carcassonne. Convince me someone. There are two of us. We love card games.

Why does Jaipur cost £18?

I'll play Carcassonne but it doesn't excite me. I know plenty of folk who love it though.

I think for me games are about providing decisions, and Jaipur does that every round. It's not just managing your hand but trying to control what your opponent can access which as there's only two of you is tight enough to be satisfying. Plus it's easy to grasp and teach, and you can blast it out in 20 minutes.

So what did we get for Christmas then?

I have Pandemic: Rising Tide (stopping Holland getting flooded) & Istanbul. The latter looked a bit too confusing for the state I was in last night. Finally noticing there was a set of rules in English as well as the German ones helped a bit.

LOVE Istanbul! Want P:RT!

I got the following:

37ff70aac0ed0ff07579c38e6d4b7783.jpg

be103a8c168f6c07d1a4f793c3f7d534.jpg

eb213947bb45521073c1bdfd1623bb00.jpg

Oh man I want that game, just can’t justify getting it given I’ve basically no one who will commit to playing it!

I'm the same but I got it anyway. I've roped in the 8 year old and my mate has played a game with me. I might try to swing another one today. If you're in London let me know and you can join in :)

It's really good. It's not easy. And I really like the legacy thing. We've done two scenarios and characters are still the same level but mine is halfway to completing their goal - which means they retire and we open up another character box. The city itself gets more prosperous if you do certain things and that means more items are available to buy etc.

It's not simple, it's a big complicated game and it's easy to mess it up and there are about 500 components but it's awesome. :D

What's a reasonable price to pay for a playable Gloomhaven set (ie not expansions etc)? I'm seeing anywhere between £120 and £200 on Ebay.

EtA, I've found the Kickstarter page and it looks as if a $99 pledge gets a set.
2nd EtA, funding is finished. Oh well.

Profiteering, by the look of it. People who got a set for $99 via a Kickstarter pledge then selling it on at a profit.
It'll be available at retail soon. There was an embargo until all the Kickstarter copies went out (and that was massively delayed). So you will be able to get it soon without paying double the price.

Talking of crazy expensive games, someone on my timeline was tweeting about Twilight Imperium, which looks incredible, but is £130!

Back
Top Bottom