Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Starfield fans ahoy!

My PC is unable to do it, I knew that already and haven't even looked at anything Starfield related as a result.

Hey, at least it is taking 8 years now for PCs to be way underpowered for the current game releases, rather than the 6-8 months it was back in the '90s. That really felt a bit like throwing money down the toilet to keep up.

It was one reason I stopped PC gaming for a long time. I just didn't have the time to justify the cost.

I upgraded my PC in January and apparently I can't run it. I have almost the same spec as Magnus McGinty and fail because my GTX 1660 SUPER has 6 instead of 8 GB of RAM.

I was having great fun playing MOO2 the other day, which needs at least 4MB of RAM and an SVGA card.

I played about an hour - 90 mins to test, and even with my card, there are some places where it doesn't look 'that' pretty.

It's your typical Bethesda, loads of chatting rubbish to people, picking up everything to sell (although I found the trading mechanic to be a bit confusing)

I've uninstalled it now as have game-pass as I hope there is going to be a patch or 2 coming over the next few weeks.

It's good but not amazing so far, I'm definitely going to keep playing from tomorrow.

I played about an hour - 90 mins to test, and even with my card, there are some places where it doesn't look 'that' pretty.

It's your typical Bethesda, loads of chatting rubbish to people, picking up everything to sell (although I found the trading mechanic to be a bit confusing)

I've uninstalled it now as have game-pass as I hope there is going to be a patch or 2 coming over the next few weeks.

It's good but not amazing so far, I'm definitely going to keep playing from tomorrow.

As in you were finding bugs that you hope will be patched or something else?

I've read on reddit it can take some time to get into. Almost to the point I'm questioning why I want to play it. Loads of time for gaming is not something I have and yet I'm drawn to these games. :D

Not really found many bugs compared to their usual releases, just some tweaks to the gameplay and quality of the experience, but then the modding community will probably sort that out.

So is the hope that this will be like a better version of NMS not panning out then? :(

Well The Guardian have given it 4 out of 5, and although it's perhaps not exactly what people were expecting, it looks like a fun game to play (and despite its flaws I thought Fallout 4 was good so if it's like that then that's a plus for me)

Now all I need to do is save up for a Xbox Series X, so I'll give you my thoughts on the game in about 3 years 🙃

Well The Guardian have given it 4 out of 5, and although it's perhaps not exactly what people were expecting, it looks like a fun game to play (and despite its flaws I thought Fallout 4 was good so if it's like that then that's a plus for me)

Now all I need to do is save up for a Xbox Series X, so I'll give you my thoughts on the game in about 3 years 🙃
So little love for the series S.

Interesting post I saw from a modder saying that if FSR2 is already set up, it should take one person one day to get DLSS up and working. Which is why the mod was out so fast for this and for Jedi Survivor. JS just got it in an official patch because they were sick of watching the modders make money off their laziness.

Interesting post I saw from a modder saying that if FSR2 is already set up, it should take one person one day to get DLSS up and working. Which is why the mod was out so fast for this and for Jedi Survivor. JS just got it in an official patch because they were sick of watching the modders make money off their laziness.

Isn't this because of a due to a deal with AMD though rather the laziness?

Isn't this because of a due to a deal with AMD though rather the laziness?
AMD claims over and over that their deal only "prioritises" FSR and doesn't prohibit any competing technology. But it certainly doesn't seem like it, I agree.

In terms of development effort, it's good to remember that the PS/Xbox are AMD platforms, so even though the PC market is 80%+ Nvidia it makes sense to chase FSR first.

I was actually planning on doing a few hours tonight but my Internet is down and Virgin are being shit, so looks like it won't be happening. :(

Internet finally came back and got 90 mins or so in once it had downloaded. I can see it's going to a bit of a learning curve, but think it's got promise. To early to tell of course. Just let it do it's thing with the graphics, it put most stuff on high or ultra with FSR, whatever it looks fine. I might play more in future. Of course it's a Bethesda game so by the time I'd stormed the first pirate base and killed everyone I was carrying to much crap to fast travel.

Managed to save a tenner buying the key from a third party site. How does that even work when it's so new? :D

Internet finally came back and got 90 mins or so in once it had downloaded. I can see it's going to a bit of a learning curve, but think it's got promise. To early to tell of course. Just let it do it's thing with the graphics, it put most stuff on high or ultra with FSR, whatever it looks fine. I might play more in future. Of course it's a Bethesda game so by the time I'd stormed the first pirate base and killed everyone I was carrying to much crap to fast travel.

Managed to save a tenner buying the key from a third party site. How does that even work when it's so new? :D

How does your card cope with being in town? My elderly 1070 doesn’t fare well at all, even at low settings. The rest of the time its fine.

How does your card cope with being in town? My elderly 1070 doesn’t fare well at all, even at low settings. The rest of the time its fine.
It's supposed to be quite the CPU hog as well. That may be more of the problem if you're at low settings.

I was considering dropping my Game Pass.
This came along so i'm giving it a go.

So far I'm coming down on the side of a youtuy reviewer who slated it.

There's no seemless transition from place to place. Everywhere is seperated by loading screens which kill immersion. Box after box he described it.

The controls. I need a game to be put down, pick up.
I get the feeling if I put this down for two weeks I'll have no idea how anything works again. There's just too many menus going on.

If I'd paid £70 for this I'd feel robbed.
As it's on my pass I'll give it a little longer.

There's no seemless transition from place to place. Everywhere is seperated by loading screens which kill immersion. Box after box he described it.
In Skyrim the loading screens were there so you could have a gulp of tea and light a fag but I don't smoke anymore.

I was actually replaying Skyrim until my nine year old, once overpowered, gaming box broke a couple of days ago. Now I'm grown up I can no longer drop a grand on a PC so I'm going to try and get an Xbox for Chrimble (for the kids of course)

I wouldn't have thought them worth of comment unless I'd had read all the fuss online. It's very quick on my PC and I thought current gen consoles had fast SSDs?

Playing on medium settings, getting around 40-49 FPS. Looks pretty good for an 8 year old rig.

Time to start ordering parts for a new build I think.

Back
Top Bottom