Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Starfield fans ahoy!

Just realised it’s not on PlayStation. CUNTS.
already annoyed that I can’t get Zelda on PS4! :mad:
I imagine it will be eventually. Microsoft bought Bethesda so they want to use it to get more people to subscribe to the game pass. They won’t just ignore a market as big as PS though I don’t think. Unless they’ve decided it’s an XBox / PC only title.

Just realised it’s not on PlayStation. CUNTS.
already annoyed that I can’t get Zelda on PS4! :mad:

Yeah Microsoft bought them, so that is fustrating.

You've never been able to officialy play Nintendo games on other platforms. Which is shit but predictable.

If you have a Chromebook or similar device you can stream PC games on Geforce now, plug it in the TV and use the PS controller. Would mean a monthly sub in addition to buying the game.

It tends to be the online stuff that is shite and the single player stuff good (if buggy).

What was the last single player title they released? I do hope they can get this right (well, as right as e.g Skyrim anyway), but the AAA developers all seem to be going to shit.

What was the last single player title they released? I do hope they can get this right (well, as right as e.g Skyrim anyway), but the AAA developers all seem to be going to shit.

Fallout 4 I think? I really enjoyed, although I know reception was mixed. I actually bought a PS4 just to play it as I didn't have a gaming PC at the time.

Bit rhetorical, though I forget that Bethesda (the developer) only do the main games. And Fallout 76. And The elder scrolls: blades (? - ftp mobile/Switch).

Yeah I enjoyed 4, though I think I did get a bit frustrated at some point. Didn't finish it. Though probably some cynicism hindsight applied there. See how the monetization works out, how buggy it is etc. There have been some reports of shit employment practises, but they seem to be more at the parent company (ZeniMax) and the subsidiary that does ESO (ZeniMax online games). We shall see. Not one I'll be buying at release, but would be happy(ish, lacking funds) to pay full price if it's actually a complete game without any additional payments (save genuine expansions).

With all Bethesda games they’re incredibly enjoyable at the beginning when levelling up and exploring but when that wears off it all becomes a bit repetitive. That can take many hours though. The only one I thought was absolute pants was Elder Scrolls Online. Shame because a Bethesda game as a co-op is ideal for me.

I got a new GFX card for Starfield, I hope it's going to be great, I've enjoyed most of their other stuff, but I'm a bit worried it might be rubbish and / or completely bug ridden.

I've not quite been tempted by getting the early access, but it is getting close, it's already pre-loaded (Via Game pass for PC)

Steam pre-installs have started now.

I got a new GFX card for Starfield, I hope it's going to be great, I've enjoyed most of their other stuff, but I'm a bit worried it might be rubbish and / or completely bug ridden.

I've not quite been tempted by getting the early access, but it is getting close, it's already pre-loaded (Via Game pass for PC)

Steam pre-installs have started now.

See I'm really torn. I've just started playing Cyberpunk again, so very tempted to get the DLC and wait for this and bugs to be ironed out. But it would also fun to be discovering it when it's new.

With all Bethesda games they’re incredibly enjoyable at the beginning when levelling up and exploring but when that wears off it all becomes a bit repetitive. That can take many hours though. The only one I thought was absolute pants was Elder Scrolls Online. Shame because a Bethesda game as a co-op is ideal for me.
It's annoying that they don't seem to realise what was great about Morrowind, where levelling up meant being able to explore further, but it wasn't really gated. You just had to book it when you realised you were out of your depth.

I've a 3060Ti, which is broadly the same in brute force so I hope so. The 3060's one big advantage would be DLSS support, but none of that in Starfield apparently.
There isn't a game I haven't been able to play recently. I mean, I don't have all the bells and whistles but they all look stunning, if it looks better than Fallout 4 with all the mods I have running I will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom