Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Starfield fans ahoy!

Yes hopefully I'll get a good few years more. I think my next upgrade will be an OLED gaming monitor, but it won't be for a while
I wish I had waited until this came out,

Alienware 34 Curved QD-OLED Gaming Monitor - AW3423DWF

My aw3423dw with gsync is pretty nice, I went for a 4K build so this will last for years.

Any dell I've had had lasted for ages, the Alienwere stuff is mostly crap, but they do do good monitors.

So, if my rig now could do 4k, but I'm not using it, in ten years say, when 4k is standard I will still be able to get there if I need to, if that makes sense.

Yes, I'm gaming at 3440x1440, but on a Huawei that was a quarter of the price of Alienware when it came it out (see it's dropped a bit). I think 3440x1440 is a good balance between immersion and how demanding games are on your system. I know that OLED will be a huge leap though, my LG TV looks fantastic.

Any mods to stop fannying about having to get around?

I mean, I need to go to X, but I have to get on my ship, fly into space, fly to the place I want to go, then choose the landing zone. And half the time, it just to talk to one guy.

Apart from that the game is really good.

Any mods to stop fannying about having to get around?

I mean, I need to go to X, but I have to get on my ship, fly into space, fly to the place I want to go, then choose the landing zone. And half the time, it just to talk to one guy.

Apart from that the game is really good.
No mods needed you can fast travel straight from the menu from most places to most places.
Exceptions are when you are docked certain places and down certain dungeons they want you to fight your way out of.

Either use the galaxy map or the missions screen and off you go.

Certain places will insist on a scan first and then pick a landing spot but on others I've gone pretty much straight to the landing.

No mods needed you can fast travel straight from the menu from most places to most places.
Exceptions are when you are docked certain places and down certain dungeons they want you to fight your way out of.

Either use the galaxy map or the missions screen and off you go.

Certain places will insist on a scan first and then pick a landing spot but on others I've gone pretty much straight to the landing.
I must have missed that in the tutorial.

Will try when I play again later.

Anyway just been finally faffing around to get the DLSS mod working. I've gone for the latest one that claims in does DLSS 3.5. It's quite a step up in quality!

Edit. A real step up. :cool:
Which version did you try? What would be the best one to go for.

Just the Nexus mods one? Seems like there are 20 steps to go through.

Which version did you try? What would be the best one to go for.

Just the Nexus mods one? Seems like there are 20 steps to go through.

I used this one. It was a few steps, but all simple enough and worked.

Thought I'd try the easy digi pick one yesterday as the mini game pisses me off. Before this year I've not been a PC gamer for a long time, so quite out of touch. Started trying to use Vortex mod manager, but it doesn't work through there. I might install it directly, but I'd like to have a mod manager working as will probably use a few more. One to clean up the inventory would be nice or even remove cut scenes.

Almost at the end of the Crimson fleet plotline. I'd thought I'd side with SysDef and wipe out the pirates, but I don't really do sneaking about and ended up just killing everyone do a few missions and they kicked me out. Well tried to arrest me and I had to fight my way of their ship.

Made the same mistake on the penultimate mission that I did for the Mantis mission (where you get the nice ship) . Didn't take a enough health kits so it was way harder then it needed to. Especially as the ship is falling apart around you and your taking environment damage. A lot of F5 was pressed last night.

Thought I was pretty much done but the final final part is a huge ship battle in which I die in seconds. The razor leaf has been awesome but I think it's time to put a few points into shop building, learn the ship builder and come back with something epic.

Eeek. I've put almost 50 hours in. Nothing like Steam to point out how much of your life you've wasted. I've been ill though this weekend, so I'm not feeling to guilty.

I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that it appears you can do most of the factions quests without to much consequence for the others. On one hand it means you can see most of the game on a single play through. On the other it means that playthrough is likely to take longer and I'd have been unlikely to start another (at least for a few years) to do the others.

It's bonkers how you can really piss of sys def and they target you when you flying around (which works for me as it's more ships to kill), but the rest of UC doesn't have a problem with you and in fact your still working for them.

Almost at the end of the Crimson fleet plotline. I'd thought I'd side with SysDef and wipe out the pirates, but I don't really do sneaking about and ended up just killing everyone do a few missions and they kicked me out. Well tried to arrest me and I had to fight my way of their ship.

Made the same mistake on the penultimate mission that I did for the Mantis mission (where you get the nice ship) . Didn't take a enough health kits so it was way harder then it needed to. Especially as the ship is falling apart around you and your taking environment damage. A lot of F5 was pressed last night.

Thought I was pretty much done but the final final part is a huge ship battle in which I die in seconds. The razor leaf has been awesome but I think it's time to put a few points into shop building, learn the ship builder and come back with something epic.
You used to be able to go to the Key. Kill all unnamed pirates.
Leave.
Come back and do all the quests as only named NPC's were left and didn't chase you for bounties.

But they patched it and extra pirate spawn now.

Last edited:
I'm setting myself the target of finishing Cyberpunk before I get this. Hopefully ir works perfectly by then. It's astonishing to think that it's projected to perform worse than CP2077 on my machine, but it doesn't look even close to as good.

I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that it appears you can do most of the factions quests without to much consequence for the others. On one hand it means you can see most of the game on a single play through. On the other it means that playthrough is likely to take longer and I'd have been unlikely to start another (at least for a few years) to do the others.
Oh. They're still doing that are they? Choices without consequences.

Oh. They're still doing that are they? Choices without consequences.

Well you've got to choose between SysDef or the Crimson Fleet. You can do Freestar Collective and UC missions, I guess they are at peace, but it's got to raise eyebrows as the war was fought in recent memory.

That said despite being a lot of hours in (for me) I've not really got far, so maybe I'm wrong.

There is a hell of a lot of go to A and talk with someone then go back.....

Hope it opens up a bit more.

Joined the Crimson Fleet, stole a plate and did the dirty on a banker.

There is a hell of a lot of go to A and talk with someone then go back.....

Hope it opens up a bit more.

Joined the Crimson Fleet, stole a plate and did the dirty on a banker.

You'd have thought phone calls would be more of a thing. It being the future and all.

Man the ship builder is a bit of a pain in the arse. Got one of the best free ships in the game (Kelper R), with lots of space to add stuff, so trying to learn. It's not got 4 missile launchers, really satisfying when a salvo hits the enemy.

Currently just flying to random places looking for space battles. It's certainly a great way to level up quickly and you often get a lot of credits from ships you've killed.

L30 :)

1696695361457.png

So thanks to a friend who lent me their Xbox Game Pass account, I've been able to install and enjoy this game on PC over the last few days.

My only real problem so far is that the enemies are a bloody bullet sponges. I shouldn't have to empty an entire bloody assault rifle magazine into an Ecliptic mercenary's face in order to kill them. That's daft.

So thanks to a friend who lent me their Xbox Game Pass account, I've been able to install and enjoy this game on PC over the last few days.

My only real problem so far is that the enemies are a bloody bullet sponges. I shouldn't have to empty an entire bloody assault rifle magazine into an Ecliptic mercenary's face in order to kill them. That's daft.
Get better guns. :D

But yeah the Ecliptic seem to be the hardest to kill. Don't know if it is meant to be because they have better armour or something?

I mean it's a Bethesda RPG. This certainly changed as you put points in to certain weapon skills and find better guns.

I've had to increase the difficulty as everyone dies to easily.

Anyone else actually playing this? Slowed right down on it, as I was spending to much time really. Picked it up yesterday though intent on finishing the main quest so I can focus on other things.

Ended up wondering round a L70 planet and just killing things. Even found some starborn and their shop, but apparently you can't steal that till you've done one play through. Think I'm probably good for doing a second run, at least for a few years. No closer to finishing it though.

I was waiting for patches to sort out performance, but frankly most of the people I've spoken to are pretty underwhelmed. I may just play FO:NV again instead.

Back
Top Bottom